Forbidden Ascent Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

Decided to make this thread so people can ask for help in this quest. 

So i just fought the first boss and i can literally stay in the lower left corner and pelt it with magic beams. The electric water won't affect me and the boss can't touch me, is this intentional? I'm playing on 2.50.2 version by the way.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:06 PM

That... that is certainly not intended. I think I see what I did wrong though. I misused the boss door script so it doesn't force you into the room. Huh... Moosh, Aevin, and I all managed to miss that. Nice catch. Enjoy your exploit until it's patched out, I guess. :P

#3 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

Spoiler

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:22 PM

Spoiler

#5 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:13 AM

Found a bug: if you walljump into water, upon jumping back out of the water, you retain your horizontal walljump momentum.

#6 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:42 AM

Forbidden Accent looks like a great new style quest. Good jub! :)

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 09 February 2016 - 04:42 AM.

• Russ likes this

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:29 AM

Found a bug: if you walljump into water, upon jumping back out of the water, you retain your horizontal walljump momentum.

Ugh, that's going to be a really annoying one to fix, I can feel it in my bones. In fact, it probably won't even end up fixed in this quest looking at the example of MushRush. :P

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

So, I have not got very far in Freedom in Chains. I've found a lot of different areas but in the end everything seemed like a dead end for me. I got to a boss that was way too hard for me too, so eventually I had to give up on FiC, for now at least. I may get back to it, because I want to see the full quest.

In this quest I don't have much trouble about getting lost. It's definetly way more linear. I appreciate that! I've got to the place of which chocobothief has posted an image of. It's probably going to take me a while, since thats really frustrating.

You can pretty much tell I have a love-hate relationship with both FiC and FA :P

Edited by Avataro, 09 February 2016 - 05:04 PM.

• Russ likes this

#9 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

So, the dash wing lets you get lots of fun places.
Fdf8big.pngk2nkrth.png
I now have a complete minimap. :)
  • Moosh likes this

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

WELP. Moosh and I knew of a bug with the dash wing at the bottom of that area, but that particular bug is new and, um... an issue. Thankfully I don't think there's any crazy broken screens you can access with that, just some screens that I used with DrawScreen for a cutscene on another map, but still, yikes... We'll have to fix that.

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

Trusting game physics to keep players out. Not even once.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#12 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

4he8eu.png

This jump is freaking impossible. Tip, please? 

#13 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

4he8eu.png

This jump is freaking impossible. Tip, please? 

From where you're hanging, jump off the right wall.

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:02 PM

Alternatively, you can drop from the ladder to reach that hook so that you still have a boost from the dash wing and use that to get across. But yeah, that's probably the hardest screen Moosh made for the quest. Would you believe that's a nerfed version of his original design?
  • ZeldaLink likes this

#15 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

I have both a Caelan and Emily play...and am having trouble with the final boss. I'm not sure...but I think I'm missing items...especially in the Emily play. I felt this when I realized the Chakram can one shot one of the barriers. I can't seem to reach the Fire Bow, which comes to mind first. I got the rock wall as Caelan...but I'm having trouble with that run too. I'm doing a bit more exploring as him to see if I missed any other items. Other than that...any pointers on the final battle?

Speaking of....where is the item on the screen above the first save point? The mini map shows a item there...but there is nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users