Photo

Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #100

Orithan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should win? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your favorite

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Polaris

Polaris

Gale

• Forum Assistants

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

Requirements:

• For Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #100 you must choose a challenge from the past and create a (brand new) shot based on the challenge including tileset restrictions, etc. I feel this is a good way to look back and celebrate S:CA after 100 creative and demanding challenges.

Entries:

Joelmacool

61p1QqJ.png

From Challenge #1 (100/100)

Eddy

zKWoWUA.png

granndd cayeen

Maikeru D. Shinigami

hv7MlbW.png

Jolly cooperation as the three Links take on the deadly bomb throwing "Hinoxes".

Challenge #99: Recreate a scene from any Zelda game, using any tileset

Game: Triforce Heroes

Orithan

Mh056QQ.pngDgWVwCD.png

The Paralyzed World.
This screen is not from HGCO, but rather playing with a concept for a related quest that I've wanted to do for years.

Challenge chosen: Challenge 89

j0PL5CG.png
I'm using a self-made palette.

Meets the requirements of challenge 8.

TheBlueTophat

j6ms4n5.png

Based on Screen Rebirth 69's challenge

Current Challenge:

• Remake the following screen in any tileset except classic:

MT4t3nK.png

Our current place in the rotation is in red!

Spoiler

• Avataro, Joelmacool and TheBlueTophat like this

#2 Lunaria

Lunaria

Can't draw 8bit!

• Banned

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

Wait, am I missing something, but wasn't the last one also "pick whatever old challenge you want"?

#3 TheBlueTophat

TheBlueTophat

Don't be an Asshat. Be a Tophat!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:56 AM

Wait, am I missing something, but wasn't the last one also "pick whatever old challenge you want"?

Last challenge was "Recreate a scene from any handheld Zelda title using any tileset. (Examples: Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds, etc.)".

#4 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

It's just that it took 2 weeks for this to get posted, so it would have been the "last one" if the contest was running on time.

#5 Lunaria

Lunaria

Can't draw 8bit!

• Banned

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:01 PM

It's just that it took 2 weeks for this to get posted, so it would have been the "last one" if the contest was running on time.

oooooooh.

#6 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

Joelmacool - Really neat shot! I actually really like the bright colours here, and the tree colour variety is really interesting. Nice work.

Eddy - Not gonna lie, it was very difficult to complete this one particular challenge because of the incredibly strict colour limitations. I could've done something much easier, but it's DayDay, and I felt the need to do this :P (I guess this screen was inspired by Moosh's shot in that one contest).

Maikeru D. Shinigami - Not too bad. There are a couple odd things with this shot, especially the bottom boundaries between the platform and the lava (the platform looks like it just cuts off). Those specific bomb flowers also look quite weird when they're green. I know they're green in TFH, but those particular tiles you used would've looked much better in blue, or else it would just look like some random cacti growing in a lava field.

Orithan - Probably the most interesting one this week IMO. I really like the transition between light and dark here, and I especially like how dead the 2nd screen looks. The overall design works really well with this transition.

Avataro - I honestly wouldn't have thought this was a custom made palette, since it looks almost the same as OoS' Winter palette. The screen itself is alright though, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot happening and having most of the screen being just mountain tiles doesn't really make the screen look very interesting.

TheBlueTophat - Was it intentional to pick challenge 69? B) Other than that, this is a pretty decent screen on its own, and I like how you use Instrumentality. However, the issue I have is similar to other rebirth-like challenges. I can barely tell the similarities between the images. Besides a very few things, like the middle and bottom left bridges corresponding to the bridge and the ladder in the original shot, this screen looks too different from the original shot, and would probably be better as just a SotW screen instead.

I would've voted for Orithan if I had not entered, but nice stuff this week.

#7 Naru

Naru

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:44 PM

Joelmacool - while I like it, it is nothing special and the blue created through transperency is a no for me.

Eddy - don't know DayDay, most likely a good job regarding the challenge, but it does not look nice at all.

Shinigami - sure looks interesting, but looks also plain and not very harmonic at all.

Avataro - nice subscreen, looks perfect, but not much going on.

Tophat - challenge very well fullfilled. looks awesome.

Orithan - you have two screens, the idea behind and by comparision the most interesting, but looking at both screens alone I think TheBlue is a bit better.

#8 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

Eddy - don't know DayDay, most likely a good job regarding the challenge, but it does not look nice at all.

Maybe this will change your mind

But yeah, like I said. It's really hard to make something look good with the restrictions. I personally thought it looked nice, but oh well, can't please everyone I guess :P

#9 Avataro

Quest maker xD

• Members

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

Avataro - I honestly wouldn't have thought this was a custom made palette, since it looks almost the same as OoS' Winter palette. The screen itself is alright though, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot happening and having most of the screen being just mountain tiles doesn't really make the screen look very interesting.

I used the OoS winter palette and changed up the colors. This palette is supposed to look more snowstormy and more white. But yeah what you said about the screen layout is true.

Here's a comparison:

sa5T315.png j0PL5CG.png

Edited by Avataro, 01 July 2016 - 02:11 PM.

• Eddy and Naru like this

#10 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:02 AM

Me when voting on this challenge

DANISAMPLER2.jpg

I can't really give a definitive reason for my vote. It's just, Avataro ekes it out for me.

This is the hardest vote I've ever made. All of them are stellar for me

Edited by MermaidCim, 03 July 2016 - 08:02 AM.

#11 Polaris

Polaris

Gale

• Forum Assistants

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

Orithan wins S:CA #100 with 45.45% of the vote! Congratulations! :)

Mh056QQ.pngDgWVwCD.png

Final Results:

• Joelmacool (3 votes [13.64%])
  • Eddy (1 votes [4.55%])
  • Maikeru D. Shinigami (1 votes [4.55%])
  • Orithan (10 votes [45.45%])
  • TheBlueTophat (6 votes [27.27%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orithan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users