AGDQ

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

Well, today marks the first day of this year's Summer Games Done Quick.

Who's watching, what particular runs are you interested in, etc.? I may not get to see too much myself since I work evenings Wednesday through Sunday, but I'll be making an effort to at least see the Mega Man X series runs, as well as 1001 Spikes and Tetris TGM.

If you don't know what it is:

Games Done Quick is a bi-annual charity gaming marathon. Volunteers play games at incredible speed ("Speedrunning") for entertainment. The event is streamed live online, non-stop, and all donations go directly to the charity. This is our summer event, and we have a winter event around the beginning of January.

â–  main page: https://gamesdonequick.com/

â–  run schedule: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

â–  Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

And for any of you oldbies that are still around, you might recognize one of the names on Thursday's 8-player Tetris TGM race.

Edited by Espilan, 02 July 2017 - 01:20 PM.

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

I need these shirts.

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

I usually just tune in randomly and watch stuff, or wait for it to go up on YouTube so I can skip the talking, and all that.

Some of my favorite games to watch are Zeldas, Marios, and Metroids, as those lend themselves to some pretty entertaining runs. 

#4 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:35 PM

my favorite runs is on the Mega Man Block, hyped for the Mega Man x2 race between Trogdor, calebhart42, ColonelFatso, Tokyo90. Caleb has been practicing his runs like hell lately so maybe he has derusted from Mega Man (He does yearly mega man marathons in may. Plays all mega man games one after another lol)

#5 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:32 PM

It would be nice to see a 100% Metroid Prime playthrough without Out of Bounds glitching and without jumping in places the devs clearly didn't think it was possible to. A playthrough that can somewhat represent intended gameplay.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 02 July 2017 - 11:32 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

The ALttP run and commentary was amazing. And so was this noise.

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

It would be nice to see a 100% Metroid Prime playthrough without Out of Bounds glitching and without jumping in places the devs clearly didn't think it was possible to. A playthrough that can somewhat represent intended gameplay.

I agree with this. I'm sure there are people who do it, it would be a good category; 100% No glitches/ Scan jumping or whatever they call it.

#8 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

Well we got a very excellent nearly glitchless playthrough of Metroid Fusion (Run starts at 14:50): https://www.youtube....h?v=VrkDH8PMCZU

#9 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

I had meant to watch this one mostly live, but I forgot what week it started and it crept up on me when I had other plans. Back to the VoDs, I guess..

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Just watched Andy's Swordless All Dungeon ALttP run, and that was one of the most entertaining runs I've ever seen. I remember finding out about EG back on the GBA version cause it was the only way to enter the Palace of the Four Sword without playing that game. It's hard to believe how broken this game really is.

The OoT 3D one is pretty good so far. The runner claims that it is not a true remake, but a port, using recycled code, and new models and some obvious new code for the menus and whatnot. I can believe it. I always thought it was kind of hard to believe that Grezzo was really able to recode every aspect of the game from scratch.

Looks like the 3DS version does have some unique glitches. It's almost ALttP broken. :P

#11 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

^

Some pretty cool tricks in that OoT 3DS speedrun. I liked the ones that speed up the game because the game is so ungodly slow, specially Link's running speed.

#12 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

Wait wtf, I don't see that Zelda 3D playthrough on the AGDQ Youtube page... why the heck aren't all the videos on AGDQ Youtube!!? Who decided to be illogical!?

#13 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

Wait wtf, I don't see that Zelda 3D playthrough on the AGDQ Youtube page... why the heck aren't all the videos on AGDQ Youtube!!? Who decided to be illogical!?

You didn't look far enough back: the OOT3D run was during the last winter marathon, not this summer one.

• Nicholas Steel likes this

#14 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

I usually wait until they're uploaded onto YouTube so I can skip all the boring in-between games exposition. As for particular runs? Pretty much any game that I like a lot, or like seeing speedrun. Also, I really like any run done by PJ as he's my favorite runner.

#15 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

You didn't look far enough back: the OOT3D run was during the last winter marathon, not this summer one.

Oooh okay, you didn't need to link to it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users