20 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

American version: https://twitter.com/...369032947847168
PAL version (and game list with images): https://www.nintendo...em-1238330.html

Starfox 2 was never released in any region even though development of it had allegedly completed. There were leaks of beta/incomplete versions of the game over the years, now we finally get to see the final version.

All regions seem to be getting NTSC 60Hz versions of the games.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 26 June 2017 - 12:09 PM.

• Cukeman likes this

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

I just bought a real SNES; will probably flash all the games that don't come with extra chips/hardware in the cartridge. So this would be worth a purchase to me for included games that were made with extra chips/hardware, like Star Fox 1 & 2.

Found the full list of 21 games:

Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island
  • Anthus likes this

#3 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:55 PM

I'd really like to get one, but as with the NES Classic Edition, it'll probably be next to impossible for a reasonable price.

Edit: Nevermind, I just preordered one on Amazon UK. Will change if there's a preorder on US Amazon.

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

$80.00 price tag in the US according to usgamer.net

#5 Ammako

Ammako

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

Can't wait for them to really not produce enough of them and to discontinue it a few months in.

(It would be nice if they could have some kind of expansion for it or something to have all the NES Classic's games on it, to make up for the disaster it was.)

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

I'd have liked to have seen Mario All-Stars as that would make sense with a console of collections. Star Fox 2 is a nice surprise, I just hope they can up the frame rate a bit as ~12fps is nearly unplayable even for me. And no DKC2? I quit.

But yeah, good luck finding one. Gotta hand it to the big N though, they're out here trying. This is the "Were sorry" console/ generation for sure. :P
  • Ammako likes this

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

Square Enix: Man, it may have taken us 10 years, but we finally released Final Fantasy XV!

Nintendo: Hold my beer.

• Magi_Hero, Anthus and Ammako like this

#8 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

Nice it can use the Classic Controller Pro (assuming they mean the original CCP for Wii, that's the one I have). Love the handles on it (and luscious D-Pad), such a wonderful and comfortable controller. I agree it sucked if you wanted a NES mini, but I didn't. As for Super Mario All-Stars I knew it wouldn't happen. Nintendo's worst dick move ever IMO was when, instead of releasing it for the Virtual Console for $8 like any other SNES game they put it on a Wii disc for $60. Disgusting. Like I was gonna pay that much for a rerelease of an old SNES game.

Edited by Cukeman, 27 June 2017 - 01:06 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#9 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

I'd have liked to have seen Mario All-Stars as that would make sense with a console of collections. Star Fox 2 is a nice surprise, I just hope they can up the frame rate a bit as ~12fps is nearly unplayable even for me. And no DKC2? I quit.

But yeah, good luck finding one. Gotta hand it to the big N though, they're out here trying. This is the "Were sorry" console/ generation for sure. :P

It will be operating at a much higher FPS than Starfox 1, it uses the Super FX2 chip which Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island also used.

the Super FX-2 can address twice as much ROM as the Super FX-1 and they both support doubling the clock speed (or, more accurately, the clock divider register). There is a chance that the original MARIO-CHIP version (clocked at 50% normal performance) found in Star Fox 1 didn't support the clock divider function and was locked at 50% normal performance.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 26 June 2017 - 11:55 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#10 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

The NES classic's game lineup seemed like somewhat of a mixed bag to me, but this lineup for SNES classic sound totally worth it. Especially since it has several of my all time favorite games. I would totally pick this up, but I'm somewhat doubtful it will be well stocked.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

This was always what I was more excited about... But I know I'm gonna have a hell of a time trying to find one. Really damn cool they gave Star Fox 2 an official release though, always nice when old mythical items like that see the light of day.

#12 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

I got extremely lucky to have got an NES Classic. I woke up late one day and called my boss to put in a vacation day as I hadn't had a day off in over three months. I decided to go to Target when I woke back up and was shocked to see they had one in stock, it was the first time I had ever seen one. Naturally I got it and when I got home I googled it out of curiousity and seen that the last shipment went out the previous day, so I managed to get one from the last shipment before they were discontinued.

Of course I didn't want to risk dealing with that again so I signed up for every preorder notification available and as I was laying down to go to bed last night (five hours ago, don't get much sleep) I got an email alert in my phone. I checked it and it was from WalMart.com telling me they were available for preorder. So I got one secured now and don't have to worry about sticking issues.

Now for the Classic N64 that's rumored to already be in progress.....

#13 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

I got an e-mail last night saying these were available, but by the time I got to the website (a couple hours after the e-mail was sent) they weren't available. Guess I won't be getting one. Only thing left to do is let them rot in the hands of scalpers so they don't make immoral profits.

• Daniel likes this

#14 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

Yep, can't find any. The Mini consoles will be the currency, or gold standard of the future.

But it's seriously annoying. I can't see it being that much of a hassle to make these, yet there is this seemingly intentional shortage. Come on, it's not 1991 anymore, don't tell me you can't get foxconn to make enough of your lockout chips. The cheaper solution is to use an emulator with a CRT monitor, and get one of those SNES USB controllers. :P

• Daniel likes this

#15 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Only thing I can say about the snes classic is... 

1t0n9j.jpg

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users