No replies to this topic

#1 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

Progress Update #1

Thursday, March 16th, 2017

Work and progress on The Grey Dungeon as recently begun once again last year with the aim of finally completing the quest project. I realized that I hadn't posted any updates since 2013 and I thought that It would be good to inform anyone that was interested that work is still being done on the project. I have recently finished High School and have a 1 year gap year before I head onto University where I will be taking a Game Design course for 3 years. However before then I am planning on completing The Grey Dungeon and putting the finished product as well as any design documents into my own personal portfolio for access to University as well as for any future jobs.

Recently I have begun redesigning floor 1 and 2's size and functionality to allow for more interesting player choice in what paths they wish to take throughout the game. I am hoping to make the game interesting and fun for streamers and speed runners as well as normal players. I have recently requested a few scripts which at this point most have come through nicely, some include, extra lock blocks for allowing the player to accumulate multiple types of keys, GB style shield use for more interesting combat and also a durability system that will force players to use there tools and weapons wisely and to also give meaning to the random loot chests which will be coming at a later date.

Currently floors 1 and 2 have the most playability however floor 3 onwards still need to be completed/worked on.
For anyone interested in a beta test/demo, one will not be released for quite some time, this is because I have given out private beta copies of the quest multiple times since 2013 and not much progress has been made since those tests so there is no need for any new beta tests. Once enough significant amounts of new content has been implemented I will be hosting another private beta test. If you are particularly interested send me a PM, contact me on Discord or give a reply to this post.

Thank you to who ever may be interested in the quest that have been patient, I am aiming for a November-December release at the end of the year but If I seriously put in some more regular heavy hours into development I am positive that I could complete this quest in a few months, just keep that in mind.

Anyways I shall be keeping everyone posted with updates as they come along.
`Gouanaco
  • Shane, Eddy, Matthew and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users