• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

Hi everyone,

As you may have known, I'm revisioning the old BB bosses. Basically what I do with them is improve a few things in design and gameplay and add 2.5 features (making the fights significantly smoother), but keeping the old spirit.

I'm currently working on Trinexx. Trinexx was CastChaos his most favorite boss from LttP (as far as I know) so he wanted to recreate it in BB. Sadly it was a little harder in 2.10 to rip graphics and required much work arounds and tedious hours of redrawing and palette making. With 8bit and easier grabbing tools, plus I'm a little faster with graphic editing program it made things much easier for me. CastChaos actually drew the entire thing by hand while looking at screenshot! So I decided to rip in some new graphics for starters.

The boss will also have some new gameplay changes and attacks/defenses. The old Trinexx required you to use the magic boomerang on the fiery part and then the red candle on the icy part. The new Trinexx will be vulnerable to the sword like the LttP one and will of course have the snake part too. Besides that, the use of FFCs should really make the attacks a little harder and unpredictable.

All in all it should be more fun at least, maybe a video will follow up, but have a screen first:
Posted Image
Wait a minute, that's the old boss...

Posted Image
  • Zaxarone likes this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

Amazing! This boss looks like it'd be fun to fight. Use of 2.5 features sounds good too.

#3 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

i hope ur releasing a demo for it tk.

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Thanks Avataro!

And I don't think releasing a demo would be any use. The original BB is already released and I don't think that finishing this one will take much longer than several months from now. I got like 7 dungeons and overworld in between to look at, plus the final dungeon, but just consider that I done a lot of work the last month... I'm really on a great speed now.

I will try to make a video or 2 though.
  • WindRobe likes this

#5 Zolias

Zolias

Retired Darknut Captain; Apprentice Wizrobe

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Loved this game when I first played it (old 2.10 version), and even after all this time, I STILL have no idea what use the Gerudo Desert path had in the Early Years other than being a tease (I'm coining the phrase 'Early Years' for the beginning part of the game; Dark/Light and Balance/Ruin Worlds have been used up by two franchises already, so yeah...)

#6 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Awesome, can't wait for it!  "Polishing a gemstone" is a very apt description in this case, as this quest is one of my all time favorites!  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users