• Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:53 AM

That's pure evil.

#1592 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:55 AM

it has killed me a few times. I've also gone through a few shields trying to kill them.

#1593 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

it has killed me a few times. I've also gone through a few shields trying to kill them.

Reflecting? Psssh.

Master Sword, cut off the legs, ancient arrow to the eye. The materials you get far outclass the cost of the arrows.

Or hell, just master sword it's life away too. That works.

#1594 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:07 AM

This applies to early game, no Master Sword, no Ancient arrows, nada. Pretty much where I'm at.

#1595 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

I've just been ignoring the mini Guardians. They aren't worth wasting my time and weapons on.

I like the change they made with the regular Guardians, though it's still pretty rustling.

They were kinda in the middle of a puzzle so I had to kill them someway. At this point they should've called this mode the Coward Mode since you lack the ability to kill nearly anything for the longest time.

I started some of the quests to unlocking dungeons, but don't feel I have enough weapons nor hearts to actually clear any of them, so guess I'm Korok Seed and Shrine hunting for a while. Ignoring every enemy too since camps of all Blacks + Silvers is so fun to try to kill solely with bombs after all. Not to mention Silvers and probably Blacks can still OHKO me even with the 2 Star Armor I'm fairly sure.

#1596 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

Just started playing the DLC, and I'm hunting down the new items. The hero's path is so helpful, it's not even funny. I love how it shows every death too. I'm surprised at how many somewhat large chunks of world I just completely missed. This should have been in the game from the start, imo, but I'm glad to have it at all. I have not really done the sword trials yet, and I dunno how I feel about hard Master Mode, since HP buffs kind of feel cheap to me,

#1597 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

I will admit, I don't feel like Hero's Path should be paid DLC. Everyone should get a chance to experience this and relive their original journey.

• Anthus and Matthew like this

#1598 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

Just tried the first sword trial, and wow, these do not mess around. I was able to get to the 10th floor before missing a dodge, and getting clouted to death by a grey Moblin. It's like Eventide Isle on steroids.

#1599 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

I wouldn't compare it to Eventide, honestly. Sure, on the surface, they seem similar, what with you being stripped of items and having to survive based on what you can gather... but while Eventide was a sprawling island you had to analyze and tackle your own way, Trial of the Sword is a linear gauntlet. It's great (and tough as hell), don't get me wrong, but they're not entirely the same concept. I honestly prefer Eventide, but this is fine.

• Anthus likes this

#1600 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:36 PM

For Trial of the Sword keep this in mind (mild spoilers):

The Trial of the Sword consists of 3 sets of floors. You do not have to complete all sets in one single attempt... so you can complete a set, leave and come back to do the next set later if you like. The first set consists of 13 floors, the 2nd set consists of more than 13 floors and the final set consists of even more floors than the second set. Completing a set will upgrade the Master Sword to some degree.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 06 July 2017 - 12:51 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#1601 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

For Trial of the Sword keep this in mind (mild spoilers):

The Trial of the Sword consists of 3 sets of floors. You do not have to complete all sets in one single attempt... so you can complete a set, leave and come back to do the next set later if you like. The first set consists of 13 floors, the 2nd set consists of more than 13 floors and the final set consists of even more floors than the second set. Completing a set will upgrade the Master Sword to some degree.

Man, I was really close then to the end of the first set. I was starting to wonder how long they are, but that does seem like a random number.

#1602 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

I died to the Hinox in the dumbest fashion. After I shot its eye and it was falling on its butt, I dashed forward ready to attack and apparently barely scraping its front was enough to one-shot me at around eight hearts. Needlessly to say I'm taking a break from the trial for a few days.

• Anthus, nicklegends and Jared like this

#1603 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

How do you do inline spoilers on this forum? As in a tag that hides the text (highlight it to read) without placing it in a big clunky Spoiler box?

#1604 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

So after a good 5 months or so with about a month break for exams and stuff, I FINALLY completed the entire game. Managed to get 100% with almost everything including Korok seeds, discovering areas on the map, all medals of honour, all shrines, fully upgraded armour etc and honestly it felt like a really amazing experience. I haven't enjoyed a Zelda game so much since Twilight Princess/Wind Waker, so this definitely makes it into the top 3 favourite Zeldas.

I'll probably give a more in-depth review kind of things below. Putting it in spoilers because of obvious reasons lol. Of course you can disagree with what I say, but these are just my opinions :P

Thoughts and Experiences - Spoilers Ahead!

• Jared and Deedee like this

#1605 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

Playing Master Mode like...

*Hinox claps*

"Game Over"

• Eddy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic