MegaMan 7

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

Have you hugged your eggplant today?

• Forum Moderators

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

I'm willing to Beta Test as well, but be sure to grab Beta 15, because now we have roc's feather, which equals Jump! So you could have Rush Coil! And the Hover Boots too, which I guess could be Rush Jet.

#17 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

This would make for an awesome megaman game now with the Roc's Feather. I don't know if you can have an "A" selectable item yet... but if you could, have A as the Roc's Feather, and the selectable B items be the megabuster, as well as custom weapons with item scripting. (when it becomes available... I don't know what's in beta 15 because I haven't grabbed it yet)

#18 Radien

Radien

Blip! Blip! Blip!!!

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:17 PM

Replying in chronological order...

QUOTE(Deathbringer @ Nov 27 2006, 06:28 PM) View Post

I know Radien said it but shouldn't this be called Megaman 9 seeing how Megaman 7 and 8 both came out a very long time ago and that this seems completely different than MM7?

I don't know what your point is, but I never said it shouldn't be called Megaman 9.

There are a lot of pointless debates we could make about it. All I was asking for was Rexla's reasons, to make sure he's aware of it.

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Nov 27 2006, 08:00 PM) View Post

I believe that Rockman & Forte was Megaman 9 icon_wink.gif

People call it that, but it doesn't follow the same format as the main Megaman series, and it also reuses a lot of main bosses.

Personally, I didn't like it. I thought the levels and progression were both badly designed, and I wouldn't want the main series to go that direction. (Well...if it can still be called "the main series"... Megaman X pretty much runs the show now...)

QUOTE(rexlaninetales @ Nov 29 2006, 11:06 AM) View Post

Yes, I did know that MM7 was on the SNES...But what about the NES? There's actually two of each MegaMan1, 2, 3, 4, 5 games...One on the NES and the other on Gameboy...Yet MegaMan 1 on gameboy and MegaMan1 on NES are nothing like each other.
So...I'm continueing the NES trend...And yes...I liked MegaMan7...It had some of the best music of all the megaman games.

Okay, just so long as you know. icon_smile.gif I'd imagine that most people know the Megaman series for Gameboy as just "Megaman 1 GB" or something similar. They did it that way because a direct recreation wasn't possible with the Gameboy's miniscule screen size and processing power.

If you want it to be in the NES tradition, though, I think you should give players some clue that you are branching off, but keeping it at the NES level. Like, "Megaman 7 Prime," or something, to steal from the Metroid series. icon_razz.gif Or perhaps "Megaman 7.0," to make it sound all programmed. I dunno, just some suggestions. icon_smile.gif

#19 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

Have you hugged your eggplant today?

• Forum Moderators

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:22 PM

I have another idea. Use the hover balloon power from MM4 as the ladder icon_smile.gif

#20 x6x6x

x6x6x

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Deathbringer @ Nov 27 2006, 07:28 PM) View Post

I know Radien said it but shouldn't this be called Megaman 9 seeing how Megaman 7 and 8 both came out a very long time ago and that this seems completely different than MM7?

can't becuase if you call it that it would take place of megaman and bass the japenese game for GBA or SNES .the consider it to be called megaman 9 because it was after 8

#21 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:26 AM

I forgot all about my MegaMan quest I was working on. I've had to crash my computer dozens of times and I sure hope I saved my quest onto CD. If not, I will need to get a copy of my quest of my brother's computer and he stays in Gainesville, a couple hours away.
Still, I worked too hard on the Boss selection screen and I'd hate to start over. I also borrowed some of Sean (Rose)'s sprites from his stuff and edited it to create Pyroman. Sean is officially in the credits now. I might even include a scene paying tribute to Rose.
Anyways, I need to download the latest Zelda Editor. I bet a whole range of stuff has been added since the introduction of the script editor.
Anybody got a link to the latest Editor? Many thanks in advance.

#22 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

www.shardstorm.com

Good to see you're going to work on this quest again rex. And just tell your brother to send you your quest.

#23 King Aquamentus

King Aquamentus

"No" ??

• Members

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:07 PM

Might have said this before, but Rose will probably still be assisting you. So if you start hearing his voice in your head or something, hey, listen up.

#24 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:20 PM

You should really download my Megaman tileset if your making a quest with NES graphics. Especially if it's a sidescroller.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2mzkt2t9nqm

Also the best new beta b635 is relatively bugfree. 10 thousand times better than b14. That's what i'm sporting.

#25 King Aquamentus

King Aquamentus

"No" ??

• Members

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(x6x6x @ Sep 11 2007, 05:17 PM) View Post

can't becuase if you call it that it would take place of megaman and bass the japenese game for GBA or SNES .the consider it to be called megaman 9 because it was after 8

This is a common mistake amongst the uninformed Megaman fan. Megaman IX is not Megaman and Bass. This was announced during an interview with Rockman's creator.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users