Yuurei

Rating: 4.8/5 (24 ratings)
Photo

Yuurei Discussion and Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Yuurei Runs

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which character(s) did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What difficulties did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Did you play as any of the post-game "special" characters?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#136 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

I'm in the home stretch

Spoiler

EDIT: Is there any significance to the colors of the coins? Does it have to do with what kind of elemental upgrades you get upon collecting 10 of them?

Spoiler

• Anthus and Aevin like this

#137 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Spoiler

• Deedee likes this

#138 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Spoiler

I think they're decoration, or maybe element colors.  Not really sure.

#139 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

Spoiler

This was definitely worth playing, and I'm surprised I managed to beat it, cause honestly, I give up on playing a lot of quests, but it really was that good. I also like the story more than I thought I would initially. That's really cool if there is a different set of final bosses for each playthrough. I still can't get that coin though. I suspect I might have to come back with another character or something. Is there a way to go to the game's title screen in game?

• Aevin likes this

#140 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Spoiler

This was definitely worth playing, and I'm surprised I managed to beat it, cause honestly, I give up on playing a lot of quests, but it really was that good. I also like the story more than I thought I would initially. That's really cool if there is a different set of final bosses for each playthrough. I still can't get that coin though. I suspect I might have to come back with another character or something. Is there a way to go to the game's title screen in game?

(Minor Spoilers) How to get that last coin

When playing as any of the main cast, there are four different final bosses which you can face depending on which character you choose.

If you are playing as a postgame character, you will end up fighting one of three superbosses at the end depending on who you are.

(SPOILERS) If you want to spoil yourself on who you can fight as part of the main cast, then be my guest and open this

Edited by Orithan, 04 February 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#141 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:29 PM

For that one coin, try Enhance + Earthquake. That should nab it.

Regarding the final bosses, different characters fight different final bosses, according to a pattern.

Spoiler

There's no way to return to the title screen, other than making a new file.

Edit: It appears I was ninja'd by Orithan. Though he did miss one tiny bit of information...

#142 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:48 AM

I was out of town for most of the day, so sorry for not replying earlier. Looks like everyone else had you covered, though. I'm glad you seem to have enjoyed the quest overall. Great job on 100% for your run!

Regarding the coins ... I think of the colors as corresponding to elements, but their purpose is entirely decorative. I tried to put them out evenly by cycling through as I placed them. But the dumb thing is I tended to place the coins as I built areas, and while there's 8 coin colors, there's usually only 6 or 7 per area. I'd forget where I was in the cycle and start over, resulting in a whole lot fewer wind and water coins than the others ...

• Anthus and Epsalon ZX like this

#143 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:51 AM

Spoiler

• Aevin likes this

#144 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:57 AM

The "Canon" here is hard to define. Sort of a mix of the Wisp stories and Rhone's. That was never really intended to be the canon ending or anything, but I don't have plans to trample on it and say it was wrong, so for the most part people are free to interpret however they like. Glad you enjoyed that ending ... Russ kinda forced me to put that exception in, and if you could see the branches to my normal scene format required to make it happen ... yeah.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#145 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

Glad you enjoyed that ending ... Russ kinda forced me to put that exception in, and if you could see the branches to my normal scene format required to make it happen ... yeah.

And they were well worth it. Will ending will always and forever be canon to me.

Spoiler

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#146 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

So, here's some relevant news. The next week or so should see two exciting releases! First is a major update for Yuurei, fixing a lot of the most common issues for what I hope will be an essentially final version of the game. Then, there's Russ's project, a Yuurei randomizer, which mixes up the locations of every item in the game and opens most of the item and boss checks, allowing for a free exploration of the Labyrinth with tons of possible boss rosters, including a bunch of new bosses! Both should be releasing at about the same time, so I recommend playing any story characters you plan to and ideally a special run before giving the randomizer a try.

I've also added a poll to the opening post. Just for curiosity's sake, I'd like to hear which characters you've played, and what difficulty. I have some idea for what the player distribution is for each character, and I'm curious to see if my theories check out and who the favorites end up being. If you'd like to, you can leave a comment with a spoiler containing any special characters you've played, too, (but please keep those ones a secret). Thanks to anyone who takes the time to vote.

Edit: I made a quick edit to make the polls public. If you were among the first 2 or so people who voted, I hope you'll recast your votes. Sorry for the trouble.

• Eppy and Epsalon ZX like this

#147 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

So, been playing this. Got 31 coins and pretty much all of the bottom map uncovered, half of the top, and half of the spells.

Apologies if this has been asked, but what does the Poison spell? It doesn't make me immune to poison and it doesn't do anything when I try to use it.
  • Russ likes this

#148 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

Apologies if this has been asked, but what does the Poison spell? It doesn't make me immune to poison and it doesn't do anything when I try to use it.

Poison applies damage to enemies. Every tick (you'll hear a sound effect), any enemy on screen will take damage (indicated by a -HP symbol appearing over them). It's really good for assisting with rooms with several enemies or with bosses. Worth noting that in Yuurei, it can only be used on screens with enemies and its effects don't carry over. In Yuurand, this has been changed. These changes might wind up backported to Yuurei... eventually.
  • Architect Abdiel likes this

#149 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

So I have a room in Venter Mortis where I am following the poison ice water stuff. And there's a warp panel on the screen above. I have tried following the poison, and can't find a way. I have also tried blasting the walls on the screen with the warp panel with Wind Blade Lvl. 1 and 2 and can't reach it. I also can't reach the screen to the left of the maze path.

#150 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

The room to the warp panel can be reach by following the maze path to the left side of the screen, then walking left along dry land, then back right to exit the maze.

The room to the left of the of the maze can be reached by solving the maze path, but rather than "correct" path through, making sure that your final movement (up) takes you to the warp panel on the screen above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users