Matthew Bluefox's Quest Corner

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

@ Ford Perfect: Level 5-5 (Bubble) has got the item in the top right corner area of the map with a < > stone formation (with fast bats and middle traps as far as I remember). The Magical Sword is in Minirule (the small overworld) behind a waterfall.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 20 January 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#62 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

Attention: This isn't the final version yet (but it's fully playable of course), there might be a graphical update on the skullshooters to look exactly like the ones from the official Randomizer quests made by Hero of Fire. I will keep you posted!

Major Update / New Quest Variant Added

Along with some text / string updates throughout various quests and a small visual fix of lit blocks in a dark room in two quests, I have added a new quest variant made by Hero of Fire, which is called Randomizer Maxi, a randomizer version for the Zelda Maxi quest which is also still in this pack. Hero of Fire has not only done the randomizer, but also added the choice of not randomizing at all or only randomize special items or all items (including grand prizes) etc. etc. the choice is huge, so the replay value of Randomizer Maxi is just as high as any other Randomizers by Hero of Fire which you can already play.

A huge thanks to Hero of Fire for doing this! I feel honored that one of my projects got chosen to become a randomizer. Also, more good news for you: The three custom dungeon sets I've done (Mini 1, Mini 2, New 3rd) are also in the "Randomizer Returns" series made by Hero of Fire. So, with a bit of luck (or bad luck, whatever you think lol) one of my three dungeon sets could face you there as well.

And who knows, if "Randomizer Omega" is ever released, they could even make their way into that one as well, but surprise shall be left surprise, right? ^^

You can download the latest version of my questpack at Mediafire: http://www.mediafire...bx/MBluefox.zip - I will also update it on the QDB here of course, but as usual, it will take some time. :)

Edit: The questpack is now on the PureZC QDB as well, thanks to Eddy. :)

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 31 January 2017 - 09:57 AM.

• Eddy likes this

#63 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

Small Update - April 5th, 2017

All Quests: Minor code updates for items.

NLOZ 3rd & Maxi: Added a second level wand and a second level magic book with four times the strength of their first version in the Borg Cube. Main reason for this was the rather disappointing prizes for such a challenging and LONG dungeon.

#64 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

Currently playing through Randomiser Maxi and I've came across some rooms with Brown Zols. I have no idea what is needed to kill them since none of my current items seems to be working against them. What do I need?

Also it would be nice to have something that keeps track of how many dungeons you've completed (kinda like in Randomiser Alpha) somewhere since I've kinda been wondering around the world a bit too much now checking back to see what dungeons I've finished and which ones I haven't. Of course I can always check how many items I have with one of the Ex buttons when I enter a dungeon, but it would be cool to have a cave or something at the beginning so I immediately know what dungeons I'm looking for. Just a small suggestion that you can bring up with HeroOfFire if you want.

Edit: Figured out what hurts the Brown Zols. Completely forgot Minirule existed and most of the items I needed were there lol.

#65 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

As I said in your review, maybe HoF couldn't implement it due to it being too much work to implement. I would have loved a progression cave as well (or a symbol that says how many treasures per map were collected). Maybe he's gunna make one later as a surprise, butt that's all up to him entirely. :)

Edit: By pressing Ex3 you can already see the amount of items collected (e. g. 1 of 4, 2 of 4 etc) with a small treasure chest icon even! I didn't meowtice it up to now!

Good that you figured out the Brown Zols ... a nice enemy I adapted from the 5th Quest. :)

Minor Update (Maxi / Maxi Randomizer):

- Changed some shops to actual potion shops in Minirule ... up to now Link was able to buy potions in Minirule without the letter, and that's cheating, so ... fixified it. ^_^

- Fixed two strings that were double or not matching the actual content of the cave (Randomizer Maxi).

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 02 May 2017 - 11:02 AM.

• Eddy and CimFighter like this

#66 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

- Changed some shops to actual potion shops in Minirule ... up to now Link was able to buy potions in Minirule without the letter, and that's cheating, so ... fixified it. ^_^

I was wondering when that would be fixed LOL ty

#67 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:40 AM

Nobuddy reported it and I never visited a potion shop without the letter (I never cheat lol), that's why it took so long to meowtice it. I meowticed it in Nightmare James playthrough on Youtube two dayz ago.

#68 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

Important Information

By pressing "Ex3" (whatever button is associated with it), you can check the items collected in a specific level or overworld map! So the feature DOES already exist, Eddy! :)

PS: I might do another small update upload in a few days, some more string fixes are on the way as well as a minor sword GFX weapon use fix for Randomizer Maxi.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 02 May 2017 - 11:37 AM.

#69 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

So the feature DOES already exist, Eddy! :)

I'm aware of that, I mentioned it in my review:

"I'm very happy you could check how many items you've collected with the Ex buttons though, that saved a lot of time for me."

But I meant more like something where you can see all the dungeons at once like in the starting cave of Randomiser Alpha  :P

#70 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

Ah that ... well that's prully a whole new level of technology required to get that working with a foreign quest. :) And I forgot that you already mentioned that in the review, surrey about it. :)

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 02 May 2017 - 01:31 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#71 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

Minor Update

LOZ Maxi & Maxi Randomizer: Added lock-blocks for the end of the dungeon prize in Level 4-1 ... hell, how could that not have gone meowticed earlier on???

Maxi Randomizer Only: Tweaked some text strings for cave people to be more helpful and precise.

:: This update will go live in about 24 hours from now.

#72 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

Patchnotes for minor update to follow (but not enough to upload another patch in such short time):

Randomizer Maxi (Levels 7-5, 8-5 and 9-3): Found more double strings and replaced them with new ones.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 07 May 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#73 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

For spike boots, I would not have them drain magic, unless there's an infinite magic item to negate that drain.  Most quests that have that mechanic, including this one, have spike boots drain magic way too fast such that you only have a few seconds at most of safety on them.  

• Lüt likes this

#74 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

Unfortunately, that's the lowest possible rate you can use. I wished ZQ let us enter decimals for magic use, or even quarter increments, but we're stuck with insta-drain magic boots/canes, or boots/canes that use no magic at all. I did add the infinite magic item in a bonus area for that first quest I did, but honestly, I don't think a thing like that should be necessary and I wasn't overly thrilled at having to make that compromise.

#75 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

I would leave boots at not consuming any magic.  In a practical sense, it's just footwear, doesn't need any magical properties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users