Photo

Custom Quests No Good.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 Thibeinn

Thibeinn

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:01 AM

So far, I have downloaded and played six custom quests (each rated 3-5 stars) and have yet to find one that was worth downloading. The graphics and music were fine but the "getting stuck when going from screen to screen" problems, the "no way to get where you need to go" problems and the "not being given the items necessary to do what you need to do" problems just ruin them.

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:14 AM

Well which quests have you downloaded so far? List them please.

*Goes to find some nice quests for you to play*

Alternative, You Can Look Here For High Rated Quests.

I typoed NOTHING. You hear me? = =.

#3 Pol's Voice

Pol's Voice

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:16 AM

Dude, I pretty much sucked at playing custom quests too when I first started here. You need to find a nice easy one to begin with. Which ones specifically are you playing? Are you making sure that you play them on the ZC version they were designed for? Trust me, there are SEVERAL worth playing. I've been here since October and I'm not even close to getting through all of them. Don't give up.

Edit: If you're having trouble getting places, Dark Flame Wolf's quests are probably not a good place to start....they're pretty hard if you don't know what you're doing. Don't even attempt Hero of Dreams until you have a pretty firm handle on ZC. Try Mr. Z's quests....they are straight forward and really fun.

Edit 2: Off-topic.......why is it Peteo sometimes and Petoe other times?? I confused... icon_lol.gif

Edited by Pol's Voice, 27 April 2006 - 11:22 AM.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(Thibeinn @ Apr 27 2006, 06:01 PM)
So far, I have downloaded and played six custom quests (each rated 3-5 stars) and have yet to find one that was worth downloading.  The graphics and music were fine but the "getting stuck when going from screen to screen" problems, the "no way to get where you need to go" problems and the "not being given the items necessary to do what you need to do" problems just ruin them.

View Post

Er... If you really have been playing the highest rated quests and encounter these problems then you are probably playing them with an incorrect version of ZC or then ZC Custom Quests just aren't your cup of tea. icon_shrug.gif

#5 Thibeinn

Thibeinn

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:33 AM

Of course I played each of them with the version they were made for.

I have been playing games of this genre for many years and I am very good at figuring them out.

I will not list the specific games or their makers as I do not want to make anyone look bad. I merely stated that out of the six custom quests I have played, now of the six were worthwhile.

#6 Pol's Voice

Pol's Voice

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:36 AM

Just trying to help you out man. If you tried any of the quests mentioned above already and didn't think any of them were good, then the custom quest scene is DEFINITELY not for you.

(Yay! 300 posts for me! icon_razz.gif )

Edited by Pol's Voice, 27 April 2006 - 11:36 AM.

#7 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:28 PM

Hmm...This sounds like you aren't that good at this type of game, you say you are but these are fan games and not super easy games. You have to explore and not just give up in 5 seconds. Note that 2.10 is only good for 2.10 quests.

#8 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(Thibeinn @ Apr 27 2006, 11:01 AM)
So far, I have downloaded and played six custom quests (each rated 3-5 stars) and have yet to find one that was worth downloading.  The graphics and music were fine but the "getting stuck when going from screen to screen" problems, the "no way to get where you need to go" problems and the "not being given the items necessary to do what you need to do" problems just ruin them.

View Post

The getting stuck problem is most likely you using a version other than the specified version. 2.10 should be used for 2.10 quests ONLY. The no way of getting to where you need to go, thats most likely a puzzle icon_razz.gif . As for not being given the necessary items --- that's the point. You look for the items icon_razz.gif

Edited by theryan, 27 April 2006 - 03:46 PM.

#9 Thibeinn

Thibeinn

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:02 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Kingboo30...

I dislike easy games. I always explore everywhere and check out everything no matter how long it takes and no matter what troubles I have to go through to do so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For theryan...

The getting stuck thing happens in one quest where when you go to the next screen and there happens to be (unknown to those who are first playing the quest) bushes directly in front of Link (unseen due to being on a screen you have not been to yet) then when the screen you are leaving slides away being replaced by the screen you are entering, you get pushed into the bushes and stuck. The problem with that quest is poor design.

#10 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Thibeinn @ Apr 27 2006, 04:02 PM)
For Kingboo30...

I dislike easy games. I always explore everywhere and check out everything no matter how long it takes and no matter what troubles I have to go through to do so.

For theryan...

The getting stuck thing happens in one quest where when you go to the next screen and there happens to be (unknown to those who are first playing the quest) bushes directly in front of Link (unseen due to being on a screen you have not been to yet) then when the screen you are leaving slides away being replaced by the screen you are entering, you get pushed into the bushes and stuck. The problem with that quest is poor design.

View Post

Oh.....wait, you aren't playing Megaman Dr.Wily's revenge are you? There's a red building in the city with some brick that looks damaged. Perhaps you simply need help. For the second problem that is the quests fault and it's beta testers. Can't help you anymore though...

#11 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:34 PM

If you can't figure out how to get somewhere. Ask here how. If it's a 3-5 star quest as you say someone will likely know. icon_smile.gif

#12 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:35 PM

I say play some of the games on ShadowTiger's list. If you have and still don't like them. Then I say ZC custom quests aren't your thing. Don't play them then. That's all I can say.

#13 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:05 PM

Well, hey! If you simply can't find a quest that suits your tastes, make one that does. icon_smile.gif Some of those problems, though, like running off the screen into a bush, so happen every so often. I feel sometimes that we, as custom quest players, can't always expect a perfectly streamlined quest every time, as they are far from professional (i.e. nobody is paid to do this.)

#14 Anderson333

Anderson333

Senior

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:12 PM

Ok Thibeinn lets see what you got...for all the trash talking your doing i think you should make a quest and then i bet you'll be singing a differnet tune

#15 cousinoer5

cousinoer5

Ohana#0055

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:18 PM

If it's not knowing where to go that frustrates you, you could post a topic in this very forum and if it's a quest that's half decent you should get a reply, or a very prompt one if it's very popular. Or if that doesn't work then you could always look around everywhere, usually there's some wall/mountain you need to bomb, or you need to kill all enemies for a new key. If it's the getting stuck in bushes that frustrates you, try to ignore it, I mean people here aren't Nintendo staff* (that I know of) and pump out a super awesome game with absolutly no bugs at all, despite lots of beta testing some bugs can go under the radar and be released without knowing.

* But that would be pretty sweet if someone here was and they made ZC quests, we'd have so many awesome quests to keep us occupied until TP comes out icon_cool.gif.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users