ZC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

Quest 447 is a fairly short quest made by Ben (aka Bagel), who also made Quest 744.  Custom music is a nice bit in addition to the extra little things added in this quest.  Other than that, the quest has some bit of Zelda 1 nostalgia, with some of the locations being about in the same areas and open exploration from the beginning.

Part 1 - Usual exploration to find money to buy supplies.  Luckily, it doesn't take long to buy all the supplies we need.

• Ben and Anthus like this

#2 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

Part 2 - This part is mainly to show that money shouldn't be an issue in this quest.  Plenty of free money to go around.  First, we find all the door repair charges to get them out of the way, then we show the many free money spots.  I don't even get much of the free money given enemies are donating enough money to use later on =P

#3 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

Part 3 - Time to plow through the early levels to catch up a bit.  Doing the early scouting makes these levels easier to handle.

Level 4 is a bit tricky to find, more so in the earlier versions.  Not as hard to find now in the more updated versions.

27:40 - man, enemies like to be ATM's here, doesn't take long to fill up the wallet, lol

Edited by pixcalibur, 17 December 2016 - 12:19 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#4 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

I'll probably LP this later on!  I added it to my list for the future.

#5 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

yep, figured you'd add this one on.  Nice throwback to the original Zelda 1 with some convenient additions

• TK8305 likes this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

This was my first ZC LP.

Good quest, consistent design. Liking your playthrough so far, pixcalibur, but it looks like you may have played this once before. :P

#7 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:06 AM

This was my first ZC LP.

Good quest, consistent design. Liking your playthrough so far, pixcalibur, but it looks like you may have played this once before. :P

Lol, yeah, I don't do blind runs.  If finding all those door repair charges and free money and play style didn't make it obvious, I plot some course and make my little notes along the way.

Don't think I would record blind runs given there would be lots of dead time as I'm updating my notes, and watching me burn every bush with the blue candle and bomb every wall isn't exactly entertaining to watch

Edited by pixcalibur, 17 December 2016 - 12:12 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

That's true, this was my first ever blind LP, and I probably won't do anything longer than this blind in the future. There are some boring parts, for sure.

#9 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

That's true, this was my first ever blind LP, and I probably won't do anything longer than this blind in the future. There are some boring parts, for sure.

Blind runs are their own can of worms, and it's kind of hard to do a true blind run, as that would technically involve recording EVERYTHING, including all the boring parts and taking 50+ tries on a boss.  There's going to be some amount of cutting out of some of these repetitive parts.

On the other side, probably not practical to do 10+ practice runs on a quest before recording, unless you're looking to do some serious speed run or something.

Usually, one practice run is usually enough, mostly just to get a feel for the quest.

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

This bigger thing for me is, I have a really short attention span when it comes to ZC quests, so I'm very unlikely to even finish them at all :P. Q447 was the first ZC quest that I remember beating all the way, besides the pack ins, and first quest remakes. I think it is more fun to watch LPs if the person playing is good, so practicing is good, and cutting out the slower parts is good too. That's why my first few LPs have been games I've played 30+ times lol.

#11 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:31 PM

Last 3 parts are up.  Playlist link is in my signature for reference and here as well:  Quest 447

I'll probably be putting a few part descriptions clumped into one post to reduce clutter.  And the playlist link will be in my signature and probably the first post in the thread as well to get to the videos themselves.  Not sure how best to format all this

Part 4 - Taking out level 5 first, which is mostly a bunch of dark rooms to navigate through.  Then after getting a quick upgrade, time to go raid level 6, which has an interesting gimmick.  Other than that, it's a fairly linear level.

Part 5 - Level 7 isn't too hard to handle.  We get an interesting item here.  Not much after that to get to the end.  Then moving to level 8, which is a bit more complicated to navigate through.  Nice item we get here that will help in a number of ways

Part 6 - Going into level 9.  Given we have a few extra keys, we can take a bit of a shortcut to get to the item of interest.  After that, we have two choices:  finish things off or take a little detour?  The little detour is well worth it given what you get.  With all that, time to finish Ganon off.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users