PureZC Anniversary - ZCast Special

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:16 AM

So, I know this is kind of short notice, but I'd like to put together something special for ZCast this upcoming week, since it's PureZC's anniversary on May 10th. What I would like to do is kind of put together a segment where people can talk about their experiences with PureZC, ZC in general, and maybe even some community stories.

Anyone can participate in this, all you need to do is send me your responses to any or all of the following questions. I need audio recordings to use your content (we aren't planning on reading anything on air from people), but you could also just post the responses in an unlisted youtube video if that works better (I can download the audio from there).

The more the merrier, so please feel free to participate if you have the time. I'm going to start putting this together on Thursday evening, so please try and get it to me ASAP.

Questions:

1. How did you come to discover PureZC?

2. What is your best memory of PureZC?

3. How did you hear about Zelda Classic?

4. What keeps you coming back to Zelda Classic?

5. Feel free to add anything else you want.

There's no promise we'll use everything we get, but we will certainly try. Thanks again!

• Dawnlight, Eddy, LinkFan212 and 4 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

This is a pretty awesome idea! I'll try to get something done for this.

#3 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

Count me in. I just need to think of my answers to the questions then I'll send you the unlisted video.

#4 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

So, I know this is kind of short notice, but I'd like to put together something special for ZCast this upcoming week, since it's PureZC's anniversary on May 10th. What I would like to do is kind of put together a segment where people can talk about their experiences with PureZC, ZC in general, and maybe even some community stories.

Anyone can participate in this, all you need to do is send me your responses to any or all of the following questions. I need audio recordings to use your content (we aren't planning on reading anything on air from people), but you could also just post the responses in an unlisted youtube video if that works better (I can download the audio from there).

The more the merrier, so please feel free to participate if you have the time. I'm going to start putting this together on Thursday evening, so please try and get it to me ASAP.

Questions:

1. How did you come to discover PureZC?

2. What is your best memory of PureZC?

3. How did you hear about Zelda Classic?

4. What keeps you coming back to Zelda Classic?

5. Feel free to add anything else you want.

There's no promise we'll use everything we get, but we will certainly try. Thanks again!

Heya DC, I'll take part in this too!  I just hope my stuff gets used.  >.<

#5 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

Just curious, should I do the editing of the bad commentary and silent moments myself or just give you the raw file uploaded to YouTube?

#6 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

how bout a live stream on a private channel with everyone talking, in an "orderly" fashion of course?

EchoCenter and Adobe Connect seem good for these kinds of things.

People who can't join, should do the audio samples like you suggested. I don't know, I think it's a better social experience but that's just me. Talking to people who are there but not actually physically next to you but the world is connected in mysterious ways.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 04 May 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

I have a quick question regarding this:

How would the recording be structured? Should I introduce myself and then answer the questions? Or should I just answer them like that?

#8 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:32 AM

Well think of it more as like a TV special with comments from people. I would rather not do a roundtable discussion just because I want to avoid having to moderate that and/or having people talk over one another. This will be much easier to format for the actual podcast.

Regarding how to respond, I'll try to make sure everyone know who's who, so you don't have to say your name.

As far as how to send an audio file, feel free to PM me a dropbox or other sharing service link.

• Theryan, Eddy and LinkFan212 like this

#9 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

I'll definitely be participating in this, despite my measly year on the site giving me a very narrow selection of answers for question number 2.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

Can we include pictures too with the audio recording?

#11 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:14 PM

Oh! I like this idea, I too may be a part of this...depending if I can get it in this Thursday. But cool idea guys! (By the way, I know I never comment about ZCast, but I do occasionally listen to it. lol :P)

#12 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

You could include pictures, but I'm going to try and find a way for this to work mostly as an audio-based broadcast. I may just use people's avatars if I use anything, honestly.

#13 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

• Members

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

^Yeah, sorry about having my video have a face cam and all. I guess I was just testing the beta of Screencast-O-Matic version 2.0. Anyway, can't wait to hear what everyone has to say for each question or prompt.

#14 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:42 AM

Just as a heads up, I'm going to start putting this together tomorrow evening, so please try and get your submissions in before then. Thanks again! :D

• Eddy, LinkFan212, David and 1 other like this

#15 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

I would have joined in on this since it seemed like an incredible idea, but unfortunately I've been far too busy this entire week to have the time to make anything. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this special ZCast! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users