Photo

Question on enhanced music...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Charmander106

Charmander106

• Members

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:36 AM

I'm wondering if it's possible to make enhanced music loop? This page from the ZC Wiki says I can loop them if I edit the music files directly to add loop points, but I can't find how to do so. How exactly am I to loop it then? It'd be nice use OGG audio as it's my file type of choice for adding music.

I'm mostly just trying to learn the program, testing out stuff to get a feel for how it works, and adding enhanced music to my quest would aid in making an immersive experience.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

The enhanced music formats that page is talking about are probably the ones ripped from older games: NSF, SPC, and the like. Those are more similar to midi and have looping built in. OGG and MP3 can't loop, although apparently some programs get around this by reading loop positions off the header. ZC is unfortunately not one of those programs.

Most people I know won't get on your case for OGGs that don't loop perfectly. As long as there's no long periods of silence or overly lengthy fade outs. We understand ZC's limits.

• Cukeman likes this

#3 Charmander106

Charmander106

• Members

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the reply! I just wish we could set loop points in these formats so that we didn't have to be stuck with midis, not that they are bad, as there are good midis out there. It's usually artists' that make their own music that are truly worthy, whereas one designed to replicate music from other games/movies tend to sound pretty poor IMO.

My next question would be then how to assign these loop points in these other formats then? Like SPC files, I have those lying around that I can use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users