Photo

What do you like about each Zelda game?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:53 AM

This was a random little topic idea I'd thought of, one meant as an attempt at pure positivity for once. Basically, seeing as the Zelda series is so large and varied, it stands to reason that there are one or two or many Zelda games one may not like. I know there's a couple I have a few issues with. However, I wanted to try a little experiment, and that is to look at each Zelda game you've played and say at least one good thing about it. It doesn't have to be only one, though try not to go overboard; I'll try not to gush about A Link to the Past, for example. Still, I thought it might be fun to get people to look at a game they may not like and try to draw some positive feelings from it, even if very minor. You can throw in spinoffs if you like, even the CD-i games even though they don't count.

That said, let's try to keep this a positive thread only. Discussion is encouraged, but I don't want to see anyone antagonizing others' feelings, directly or indirectly; it's okay to disagree, but this particular thread is not for arguments. LET'S BE HAPPY!

Anyway, let's get started... 

The Legend of Zelda - The best thing about the original Zelda game? Its pure freedom. The world's open and ripe for adventure from the start. It's almost completely boundless, the only limit being your own skills. What I wouldn't give for a modern revisit of this style, which hopefully is what Zelda U is setting out to accomplish.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Zelda II gave us towns and magic, which sure, might have been obvious elements to have, but it laid the foundation for future magic usage in Zelda games. Also the hammer debuted here, which became another series staple. It's a controversial game, but I say it did more good than harm.

A Link to the Past - This game laid the foundation for the series, truly refining the system introduced in the first game and combining the best elements of Zelda II that could fit into the original style. Cave systems became a thing, NPCs that were there to give you hints about the world and help you along your way, a world that was open to explore and enriching in its secrets. It had a simple but fluid combat system and a very good pace. This game is pure gameplay bliss. Also it gave us the hookshot.

Link's Awakening - The atmosphere is amazingly rich in this one, and very, very quirky. It has lovely music and a strange but very unique storyline, with a villain spurring one of the deepest dilemmas in a video game. The mood is rich and you grow very attached to the world you're eventually forced to destroy. Not only is it a great game, it's a great experience.

Ocarina of Time - Ocarina of Time gave us the groundwork for the future of 3D Zelda gaming, creating an engaging combat system and a revolutionary feature in Z-targeting. It truly thrust the series into the next generation and once more revolutionized the adventure genre. It also sports some of the best dungeon design in the series.

Majora's Mask - Atmosphere? Characters? That's the name of the game with this one. It's an alive world with very real characters, going about their daily routines and making your experience far more interactive. There's also the Great Bay Temple, one of my favorite Water Temples in the series, and a wellspring of fantastic music.

Oracle of Seasons - The changing of the seasons mechanic was quite unique and innovative, opening up for some great navigational puzzles. Some of the later dungeon design was especially good, and the boss fights were superb. Also, lest we forget Dancing Dragon Dungeon's theme.

Oracle of Ages - This half of the duology has some of the best puzzle design I've seen in the series, and also has a great story with a compelling villain. The time travel mechanic is also incredibly fantastic and feels very interactive and rewarding to see the effects your actions in the past have in the future.

Four Swords - The bosses were neat.

The Wind Waker - This game introduced an incredibly unique art style that, love or hate it, gave the world much more life and animation, and made the game's visuals endure to this very day still. The ocean was vast and ripe for exploration, the dungeon design was excellent, and the music is fantastic. It truly felt like an adventure, and one I enjoy experiencing time and time again. And the story? Superb. Deep, emotional, and dark, despite the game's colorful exterior.

Four Swords Adventures - The chapters in this game were usually pretty fun and engaging, and weren't just straightforward point-A-to-point-B missions. They were fun and varied, building up a pretty interesting world. The game also sported some good music, and the controls for single-player mode were quite fluid and felt pretty natural. I also enjoyed many of the multi-Link puzzles implemented as well.

The Minish Cap - The graphics and atmosphere in this game are pretty enriching. It's very bright and alive, and the game probably boasts my favorite Link-Zelda relationship in the series. They actually seem like actual kids, and cute childhood friends, what with Zelda's gift to Link in the town, among other things.

Twilight Princess - I love this game's world, it's vast and epic, and full of secrets if you look hard enough. I love this game's dungeons, they're expansive and clever and rewarding. I love this game's items, they're innovative and a hell of a lot of fun to play with. I love the horse in this game, she controls great and horseback battling is very fun. This be a fun game.

Phantom Hourglass - Linebeck. Moving on. Er, well, Phantom Hourglass also had a surprisingly fun control scheme, and some very fun takes on classic or returning items. The dungeons were fun, and the Cobble Kingdom was an especially engaging scenario. I also actually enjoyed the Temple of the Ocean King, being able to come back and work with new strategies to advance further. And killing Phantoms is oh so satisfying.

Spirit Tracks - There's some pretty good music in this one, and the story's not bad either. It's interesting in its attempts to build and introduce us to a new Hyrule, and the train controls are actually quite fluid and engaging. And also it brings back Linebeck.

Skyward Sword - First of all, this game has some of the best dungeon design I've ever seen. The art design is very pretty. The sword controls were pretty responsive and fun to use. The story was also superb, boasting some very well fleshed-out characters. There's also Groose, one of the funnest characters in the series to date. The Timeshift mechanic is amazing, and the ability to pick various dialogue trees is a fun little small detail as well. Also, I love the upgrade shop.

A Link Between Worlds - The painting mechanic is very cool, opening up some great puzzle ideas and exploration mechanics, making you rethink how you might approach the world or a room. The open and nonlinear gameplay is a great step in the right direction, opening up for a lot of replayability. The engine is smooth and fluid, and I can honestly say I prefer its gameplay to others in the series.

Whew, that was a lot, but there it is. Wish I could say more about Four Swords, but I haven't had the pleasure of playing it multiplayer, so I did my best. Let's spread the love!

• Rambly, Daniel, Eddy and 4 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:38 AM

Might as well give this a go...

Legend of Zelda: Non-linearity is really strong with this game and the fact that you can do these levels in almost any order is really neat.

Zelda II: Legend of Link: The fact that this is a sidescroller adds a whole new thing to the Zelda series. I'll admit, I really like the whole sidescrolling element and I had quite a bit of fun with it.

A Link to the Past: I really like this game, mostly because of the whole dark world/light world mechanic which works pretty nicely. I always found it fun to be travelling between two worlds and uncovering new secrets which can only be accessed from one side.

Link's Awakening: The story of this is very unique and very engaging. It also has some really cool dungeons which have some pretty cool ideas.

Ocarina of Time: A very nice 3D Zelda game, with some really amazing ideas. The thing that grabbed me the most were the dungeons as they all had some really innovative ideas (favourite being the Spirit Temple)

Majora's Mask: The dark atmosphere and story is very strong with this one, I really love the storyline and it's really different and unique.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons: Amazing dungeons, and amazing gimmicks. For Ages, I really love the whole time-travelling idea as it gave something new to the series, same thing can be said with the seasons idea in Seasons.

Four Swords: This has extreme replayability with LOADS of different versions of the 4 only main areas in the game. I really love the bosses too.

Wind Waker: This game holds a special place in my heart for being the best game I've ever played. The main overworld is pretty amazing as you have a lot of freedom halfway through the game and the whole ocean has so many different things going on, submarines, tower platforms, islands, caves, chests etc. It makes it a lot more interesting.

Four Swords Adventures: I really love the whole Super Mario approach to this as every area has individual levels with different things happening.

Minish Cap: I really love most ideas in this game, especially for the dungeons. The Cane of Pacci is definitely a really cool item to use and the Palace of Winds is pretty neat.

Twilight Princess: Hyrule Field, nuff said. This world is freaking huge with so many things going on that you'll probably never run out of things to do (until you get 100%). It also has the best overworld theme I've ever heard in a Zelda game.

Phantom Hourglass: Can't say much about this... I guess Linebeck. That's it really.

Spirit Tracks: The train man, the train. Despite it being kind of long to travel to places, I really like the train. Not to mention, the overworld song is fucking amazing. The Tower of Spirits is also a really big step up from the Temple of the Ocean King, especially since you don't have a time limit and you get to control Zelda, which is very neat.

Skyward Sword: This has some really awesome dungeon design, and even though it's kind of linear, I really love the ideas and concepts as well as knowing about the backstory of some dungeons.

A Link Between Worlds: A very good step up from A Link to the Past. The whole new "merging into walls" idea is very awesome and added some really cool and innovative puzzles.

• The Satellite and Jared like this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Its open world comes to mind. Not only does it give you the freedom to go everywhere from the very beginning but also gives you a clear sense of direction through enemy choices and the like, rather than blocking off a path hinting you need an item from a dungeon you missed. Hints are cryptic and not so obvious as modern incarnations, albeit can be confusing and vague. A nice variety of items and enemies and I found the music catchy too.

Adventure of Link: I like how different it feels. It's not the kind of change I want to see stay within each title, but the occasional change to spice things up. I'll also admit the difficulty is nice. It can be brutal at times, but I found no problem with it honestly. Same with the previous title, it has some catchy music. Also, one thing I always found interesting was the lack of an actual villain present in the game. As far as stories go, this one strikes me as most interesting.

A Link to the Past: This game sets a lot of traditions and conventions for the series... and for good reasons too. With an interesting story and neat game structure, the game was big, fun and memorable. The soundtrack -- especially the Dark World song -- is very memorable and atmospheric. Speaking of atmosphere, the Dark World is one of the best overworlds in the Zelda series for giving off a surreal and unique vibe every time I play it. All the dungeons were fun and had variety and all of this gave the foundations for another amazing Zelda game (yes, A Link Between Worlds).

Link's Awakening: The story is one of the most memorable stories in any game and book. It is very touching, unique and it leaves a huge impact every single time I finish the game. The island has so much variety in the overworld and dungeons -- and music too. I like the neat little easter eggs such as the bomb arrows. I believe Link's Awakening was the first to introduce side quests, and I for one welcome that addition.

Ocarina of Time: My first Zelda game, and I have no regrets playing this. It definitely felt like I was going on a huge adventure when I first played it, from large fields of Hyrule to the vast waters of Lake Hylia. It still does feel like a huge adventure however, and  rightly so. The story is really interesting. It builds a relation with the hero and villain. In addition, it provides neat backstories with each temple and boss, making them feel less there and more genuine (for the lack of better words). The soundtrack is my favorite with Hyrule Field being my all time favorite Zelda song.

Majora's Mask: Definitely one of the two Zelda games to have the best atmosphere - the other being Twilight Princess. The characters were all memorable, and felt like they had real genuine emotions and motives. The three day cycle was a very intriguing concept that didn't feel gimmicky. I guess the main thing I like about this game is how... genuine it feels. It never felt gimmicky in any way. And as always, the soundtrack is amazing.

Oracle of Seasons & Ages: I love the oracle series. They were both fun and innovative for their own individual reasons. For seasons, it was mainly how changing the seasons felt so original and ingenious. The dungeon build up was nice too, starting with a generic fun dungeon to something completely mind blowing. Onox, while not having enough development, still felt like a very threatening and intimidating villain. Also can I just say Tarm Ruins is one of my favorite overworld areas and themes? Something about it makes me love this portion of the game.

For ages, it was the concept of going through time, and had smooth it felt. It was fun getting to know how much a land could change. The dungeons were fun and the puzzles had me thinking all the time. I loved how story focus this was, building up Veran to be a very smart resourceful villain. Like seasons, the graphics always held a certain charm that makes them my favorite 2D graphical style.

Four Swords: I liked how you can play with friends and family. I had fun playing Four Swords with Gouanaco, and we shared good times fighting to get the most rupees and such. The bosses were neat too. Not much can be said, there wasn't much to the game.

The Wind Waker: Oh yes, Wind Waker. Firstly the graphical style is just adorable. It's crisp and clean, and is screaming with life and colour. The story is perfection and character development was there for almost every character in the game. There were just so many memorable moments in the game that tugged with my emotions, especially the ending. The dungeon count may have been small, but each dungeon was filled with quality and a decent size anyway. The overworld was nice, and you know what? I never had any problems with sailing across the ocean -- I found it a nice change of pace in regards to exploration. I could just go on and on about Wind Waker but alas, I want to keep this short and sweet.

Four Swords Adventures: It improved the concept of Four Swords and made it actually a blast to play by yourself. I liked the constant shouts out to A Link to the Past. The storyline is pretty neat too. Not much to say about it however, it's just a fun little title to treat yourself with. What's not to love about those?

The Minish Cap: The graphics and music are nice, but the story, graphics and dungeons are where it's out. The story gives backstory to a neat villain. In addition, the world and dungeons look gorgeous. The dungeons are very fun to play, much like the Oracle games.

Twilight Princess: I said this game is among the most atmospheric of Zelda games, right? I love the medieval, dark tone of this game. I find it charming honestly. I like most of the story, mainly the conflict between "another princess" and "another villain". The dungeons are lengthy and the dungeon count is at a reasonable size. I like it.

Phantom Hourglass: Mainly some of the soundtrack -- the final boss music comes to mind. Lineback's theme and character is pretty epic too. Some of the dungeons and lore is neat too I have to admit.

Spirit Tracks: Neat soundtrack overall. Cool level design and gameplay. I love the story the most; the characters all have their unique charm, and the ending. Oh God, that ending. So perfect. Most memorable ending for me.

Skyward Sword: The dungeon design here is absolutely wonderful and perhaps my favorite. The graphical direction was nice too and made the overworld feel very surreal and memorable. The soundtrack is one of my favorites too. The storyline features a vast of unique characters ranging from Groose to Ghirahim. It's definitely a step up for the series in some ways.

A Link Between Worlds: The return of the non-linearity is welcomed with open arms. From well pacing to a memorable storyline, I like the new gameplay changes it introduced such as the item shop, merging and whatnot. The soundtrack is amazing too, like always. I like the pacing more than anything though. The quick intro, the frame rate and such helped make it feel very fluid.

tl;dr - Zelda has amazing soundtracks.

Edited by Shane, 18 January 2015 - 09:51 AM.

• The Satellite, Eddy and Avaro like this

#4 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

The Legend of Zelda: How non-linear and open it is was great.  I also like how hidden most of the secrets in the game are.  Not the most fantastic game overall, but there's a lot to learn about design from playing it.

Link to the Past: that one glitch in Blind's room where you can change the palette a lot, the lost woods music, hammer dashing

Link's Awakening: Great atmosphere/story/characters/music.  Atmosphere and gameplay are the only 2 elements of a game I care about, and this nails both of them.  Overall a very fun and well-designed game that I don't dread any part of while playing.

Ocarina of Time:  I dunno what I like most about it.  In general it's just a good game with a lot of nice places and I enjoy it past its flaws.

Majora's Mask:  Best dungeon design in the series.  Every character in the game is memorable and it has a phenomenal atmosphere with an incredibly interesting story and lore.  There is a very satisfying amount of things to do and collect, and the mask system is really great.  The timer is also brilliant, I love how you're always being forced to manage time, even while doing menial tasks, so there's never really a dull moment.  One of my favorite games.

Twilight Princess:  Had really good dungeons and p. cool music.

the others I haven't really played or can't find positive to things say about so I'm not gonna go through the trouble

• Rambly and The Satellite like this

#5 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

Okay, here's my thoughts on the ones I've played (Don't have all of them sadly, due to either not owning the consels, or just not being able to get them in general)

Legend of Zelda - I liked how it wasn't linear to start with and how you where rewarded for exploring, as well as replaying to find new secrets. Then, to top it all off you got a second quest in it that had differnet layouts! Hard as all hell (At and for the time), but worth it in my opinion.

Adventures of Link - I have no idea why so many hate this game, it's one of my favorites in the series. Great music, very innovative, and I enjoyed the use of magic and the different way it played all together. It wasn't a clone, it was unique. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they didn't use this as a template for all the later games, but still something I enjoy playing to this day.

Links Awakening - By far, one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, Zelda game, and one that, even now, tugs on my heart strings. This had everything I'd ever want in a Zelda game, the layouts in the dungeon's where incredible and fun, and the storyline was incredible, and versitile equipment that you can change, so you weren't limited to the sword and one other item only! Plus, you know, Bomb arrows!

A Link To The Past - This was another fun game, I enjoyed the diversity of the dungeons, and the more openess to the order you had to complete them, though the sword mechanics leaned a bit too much to needing precision for hits for me to enjoy fully, and I keep needing to readjust to it whenever I replay it.

Ocarina of Time - This game was just fun! When I first saw it I was obsessed with playing it. To this day, it's the second Zelda game where I still have so many locations memorized (Links Awakening being the first) Though what I like best is messing with the glitches, and how they purposely left some which rewards you (*nudge nudge* secret gauntlets *nudge nudge*)

Majora's Mask - What can I say about this game? I was iffy when I started my first playthrough of this, but damnit it snuck up on me and took hold of me hard, like a compulsion, to find all I could, and claim the Fierce Deity Mask, then decimate all within my wake with it!!! (All being that Fish bastard in the water temple mainly). But again, the music, the tension and atmosphere, the side quests, and generally how you had to think your way through the game just appealed to me.

Oracle Series - I probably could do them seperately, but whenever I play through them I play both, so they are one game to me. I loved the story, how it continued on in both games, and rewarded you so very much by doing the extra stuff without having it fully required to do so. I liked the minigames, and just the fun of the games. I loved how with Ages you can affect things in the present by doing stuff in the past, and how it was all linked together with a decent storyline. Seasons, I loved how you could control the seasons in order to get to new places. I also love how you got so many new items to play with in each game.

Twilight Princess - Midna. Enough said, I liked Midna in it, her interactions in it (and actually being of help) the dynamics between her and Link, plus I did like the storyline and innovative items. I also enjoyed the transformation into the wolf form! Yes it had problems in some aspects of execution, and I did find the pacing to be so-so in parts, but I did enjoy this game still. Also, they should totally bring Midna back for another game!

Four Swords Adventure - This one was so-so for me. I mostly liked it because it was different, and you had to plan ahead on what item you would need, and weather to take a certain one or not.  Not my favorite game by far though.

Link Between Worlds - I loved the story, the concept, and I loved the use of the bracelet to make yourself a painting. The openess and freedom of the dungeon sequence was a huge bonus, as well as being able to rent any item and eventually buy. I also really enjoyed the Shadow Link streetpass function (999 rupee bounty on mine on both the regular AND Master quest!), and I like how you get to fight the streetpass old man too ;)

Unfortunately, that's all the games I have been able to play in the series, but I still plan on playing the rest!

• Eddy likes this

#6 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:42 PM

Haven't played every zelda game but here's a few:

Zelda 1: Open-world, that's the only thing good about it

Zelda 2: Side scrolling, spells

Zelda 3: Strategic fights, better enemy AI (Z1 and II didn't really have AI, just a simple routine, except ganon), music, interaction with the world, light story. The logic makes sense unlike zelda 1 and II

LA: It's basically a modernized version of zelda 1 in my opinion

OoT: Now it's way too easy for me but I used to play over, and over, and over again many times. I feel like the player can relate more to link starting in this game.

MM: The music

Oracles: 3 quests for two games, I like everything about them

TW: Semi-Open expansive world, fighting on a horse, epic battles like fighting darknuts. Kinda gloomy and lacking in color though. Currently my favorite.

WW: If it wasn't for that damn empty ocean it would be my favorite. I like the expressions link makes and sword chain combos and how you can "steal" crap before killing enemies and looking at their faces when they are in shock. You can steal their weapons too.

Skyward Sword: Never played this on an actual Wii, played it on dolphin. It is ok, I like how the enemies AI is more sophisticated in how they fight back.

Minish Cap: Its a little too short but it kinda reminded me of Zelda 3 but with different graphics

DS ones: None (PH, ST) Sorry they just don't do it for me

FSA: I freaking love this game, its like ultra magnified Zelda 3 and GBA graphics. I liked how the levels were static instead of the traditional random generated maps (meaning the entire map is one giant scrolling screen), I also liked how you could do the sword combos and jump attack like in the 3d games. The music is the best part about it. The episodic format makes seem like a manga or anime.

Edited by GhostKnight22, 26 January 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

This topic isn't really intended for me I think, because it is very easy for me to talk about the things I like about each Zelda game, with the exception of the first 2 games. I really love every zelda game. I'd have a harder time trying to talk about things I don't like for each zelda game since A Link to the Past.

Zelda 1: I like the effectivity of the graphics and the fact how simple the graphics are. I also like the idea of pure freedom and secrets everywhere, even if I don't think it's been executed well. I like some of the enemy ideas as well. Other than that, it's the start of the zelda series, so that's a good thing too.

Zelda 2: I like how this game isn't just a lazy rehash of the original idea, but instead tries many new things. Like with the first game, I like the simple graphics and some of the enemy ideas.

• The Satellite likes this

#8 Cjc

Cjc

Cor Blimey!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

The Legend of Zelda: Secrets!  There was very little hand-holding in the first Zelda game.  You had to look for the secrets, and sometimes they'd bite back at you.  There hasn't been exploration of that caliber since and the secrets of later games were never threatening like the Door repairs.

The Adventure of Link: This game pummels you into loving it by crushing your spirit with constant defeat.  It is HARD, and personally as a player repeatedly failing drives me to want to succeed even more.  The towns were a nice touch and the game really helps establish the magnitude of the world; other games restrict their play to singular regions but Zelda 2 is impressively massive.

A Link to the Past: (My first Zelda Game) - The dark world.  Period.  Having to think about ways the environment might change if you entered the twisted husk of the golden land was incredibly engaging.  Also, bunny Link is adorable even though he's helpless.

Link's Awakening: Item combos!  The most prominent were the Boot-Feather long-jump and the Arrow-Bomb remote blast, but figuring out how to use a pair of items in tandem to achieve a new result was the greatest component of this game.  Also, LA gives justification for ZC's fire boomerang.

Ocarina of Time: Setting overhaul.  Before Ocarina of Time, the Legend of Zelda series could simply be interpreted as another generic medieval fantasy world with the typical evil wizard and slew of ravenous monsters.  This game gave depth to the world, creating characters who unlike the previous were interested in more than just 'the prophecy' and 'the princess'.  Most of these characters were really creepy, but it was nice to see them have motivations of their own.

The addition of the Goron and Zora cultures also turned out to be a benefit; though initially they seemed forced these new factions became intriguingly complex in subsequent titles.

Majora's Mask: Three days, three days until the moon comes down on you.  Also, Skull Kid legitimately calling you "The Villain" when you confront him in the moon.  The game is all about looking at things through the eyes of others and Skull Kid really believes HE is the protagonist.  There's also the stages of grief motif and the form masks (which were essentially multi-button tools, but still).

Oracle of Seasons: Subrosians.  Gotta love those lava-drinking orechunk collecting wizzrobe wannabes.  I rather liked the ore chunks as an alternative currency utilized by a society that would have no interest in rupees.  I was also fond of the magnetic gloves.

Oracle of Ages: Like A Link to the Past, this game's beauty came in looking at the environment and trying to interpret how it would change when moving between the present and the past.  Also, it tried to explain why there were two different kinds of Zoras, so it wins bonus points for the effort.

The Wind Waker: "Don't you see, all of you... YOUR GODS DESTROYED YOU!"

My first experience with a 3D Zelda was playing The Wind Waker and it will always hold a special place in my heart.  The characters were eccentric and lovable and the world felt like it reacted to your presence, such as the prince and the pauper trading lives after you rescue their daughters.  Even the daughters had their moments: Maggie's romance with the moblin Moe was hilarious, while Mina really grew as a character when you caught her stealing from the till.  The cameo appearances of the Goron salesmen, Tingle's bizarre cult and absolutely arbitrary charge for map translation, the schoolteacher's island resort with a dungeon tucked beneath it... every moment of this game was memorable.

Four Swords Adventures: Despite the level-based format this game was actually a blast.  The 'one tool' system felt more liberating than restrictive because you had to anticipate what you were going to need further in the stage.  Also, utilizing the different formations to navigate the obstacles worked really well as a game design (though it isn't something I'd recommend they repeat).  My favorite thing to do in this game was set the grass on fire and watch it spread.

The Minish Cap: I had avoided this game originally because I heard rumors that it was bad.  Oh how I regret having avoided this game.  When I actually got around to playing it I was remarkably surprised by the quality of the gameplay.  The unique tools like the mole-mitts broke the mold of what to expect from a dungeon, the graphics were stunning, and the story was dynamite.  Plus, this game had the courage to not depend on Ganon as an ultimate villain!

Twilight Princess: Awesome Gorons.  The game's visuals were stunning in general, but the gorons were probably the coolest part.  We also got a much more thorough exploration of goron and zora society.  Plus, for two thirds of the game Zant is the most frightening, intimidating, powerful and manipulative villain the Zelda series had ever seen (yeah, he was tougher than Vaati and Agahnim AND Ganondorf Dragmire).  They sort of ruined it at the end but what can you do?  Overall the game took everything that made Ocarina of Time memorable and improved on it.

A Link Between Worlds: What made this game great was that it used nostalgia as a weapon AGAINST you.  Anticipations you had from the familiarity of aLttP's Hyrule were turned on their head, and the wall merge mechanic never felt tedious.  The game also introduced a tool meter in place of depleting resources which actually encouraged me to use arrows and bombs offensively for the first time in the series' history.  Before ALBW I wouldn't have used either tool except when absolutely necessary because the risk of encountering a tool barrier without sufficient ammunition was too great to warrant  the benefit.

The game features Pigblins too, which I like more than dogblins.

Finally, Hilda and Zelda as a reference to Sabrina the Teenage Witch was pretty hilarious.

EDIT: Oh, and mother Maiamai and her maimais!  Awesome!

Edited by Cjc, 29 January 2015 - 11:44 PM.

#9 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:53 AM

OoT: An all-around good game. Even after 15 playthroughs, it is still very enjoyable. Nothing really stands out as either exceptionally good or bad, but it was certainly revolutionary for its time.

MM: The three day cycle provides an additional challenge and pressure. The stories are intriguing, deep, and mature. Dungeons are cleverly designed, as they are built around the idea of being able to skip half of them upon getting their items. The puzzles are interesting. Money is genuinely useful.

WW: The aesthetic works very well for the game. I really enjoyed the command melody and the bosses.

MC: The items were very interesting and clever.

TP: The Items!

SS: Every item was useful and every item stayed useful. Money actually meant something the entire game. And for the most part, the overworld didn't feel like filler.

#10 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:23 AM

The Legend of Zelda:
The game wins for its simplicity in design and open endedness. Despite its cryptic secrets, it's really enjoyable to just sit back and play sometimes.

Adventure of Link:
I have such a profound love for this game that my love for it will probably not be accurately defined through the course of this one post. My minor nitpicky flaws for the game are absolutely torn to shreds by all the things I feel this game does so well. It is the most rewarding game in the series and it opened me up to playing my two favorite games of all time, Dark Souls and Shovel Knight.

A Link to the Past:
This game is just incredibly fun. The dungeons are very well designed and the art style is gorgeous. The story was simple and effective, while the items were fantastic.

Link's Awakening:
I love the dungeons in this one. And it has a very engaging story. Exploration was also fine as well.

Ocarina of Time:
Possibly the simplest game in the series to just sit down and play. The Z targetting was a nice addition to this game style in general. Dungeons were also nice.

Majora's Mask:
Atmosphere. Tragedy. Complexity. Psychological. This is the only game I've had my essence pulled into outside of Dark Souls and Bloodborne. It wasn't until this game that I understood how people could be immersed into a video game.

Oracle of Seasons:
The seasons mechanic was ingenious, and the dungeons were really designed once you reached the third. In fact, this is my second favorite game, post 3rd dungeon. It's a really good game to look at when trying to design dungeons in ZQuest also, by the way. Oh. Items. Yeah. Those are amazing.

Oracle of Ages:
This game is my soulmate. I LOVE LOVE everything from beginning to end. The puzzles are absolutely ingenious, and the between dungeon segments are remarkably memorable to me. From the island of Tokays, to the restoring of Symmetry City, even to the mini games to get the Mermaid Keys. Of all the games in the series, this is the one that has the most memorable moments to me.

Four Swords Adventures:
Of all the multiplayer experiences, this one has the best story and is the most well designed for single player. The second half of the is even pretty epic I must say.

Wind Waker:
The game has beautiful art, characters and music. Even if the ocean is something I would have loved to have seen expanded on, I can't deny this had some of the best experiences in the series outside of that.

Minish Cap:
This game's soundtrack though. <3 I am NOT the type to gush over a soundtrack that isn't Shovel Knight, but this is an exception. I feel like this game does everything that Wind Waker did right. And I really enjoyed the overworld. This is the only game I wish would have been like twice as long.

Twilight Princess:
The dungeons here are the best in the series, aside from perhaps Oracle of Ages with its puzzle approach, or the above mentioned Minish Cap. This game delivers on the atmosphere and design of the dungeons. I really loved Zant and Midna as well.

Phantom Hourglass:
So, ummm, I like the Temple of the Ocean King. Also, I adore the stylus mechanic. Especially making notes on the map. Also. Dat Ghost Ship tho.

Spirit Tracks:
It expands on the simplicity of Phantom Hourglass with better dungeons, characters, music and almost everything.... almost. This is the one I most want to be remade with a different alternate control scheme for a certain part.

Skyward Sword:
Excellent art, characters and music. Can I just express my love for the Sacred Realm's aesthetics? Yeaaaah. The dungeons are also highly enjoyable. And the story is fine.

A Link Between Worlds:
The painting mechanic was excellently done and made the game just different enough from ALttP for me to appreciate it as a different title. Also one of the best stories/twists in the series.

Triforce Heroes:
Super fun game. The story is quirky but fine, and it makes sense in terms of gameplay with the different costumes. The emoticon style messages you can send to your partners are incredibly charming and adorable. The stages themselves were also really well designed. Just don't bother with single player.

Breath of the Wild:
A truly expansive world that actually had enough to explore to keep me invested for 80 hours. Hyrule Castle is now my favorite 3D dungeon in the series. The characters were fine and it introduced my favorite enemy to 3D, the strikingly brilliant lynels. I want one. As a pet.

Four Swords:
It's the one I want to play most out of all the canonical games I haven't played.

Edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami, 25 April 2017 - 08:30 AM.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

Well I forgot this topic existed, I'm actually glad for the reminder. There's also been two games out since then, so let's see what I can add about those...

Tri Force Heroes - The boss design is really good and now and then there's actually a creative little puzzle here and there. The soundtrack is also very nice. Also you can totally play the Goron Lullaby from Majora's Mask using the end-of-level Triforce gates.

Breath of the Wild - The best thing about the latest Zelda game? Its pure freedom. The world's open and ripe for adventure almost from the start. It's almost completely boundless, the only limit being your own skills. ... some deja vu there. Seriously though, it basically still applies; it still has a "tutorial" but it's an almost-completely hands-off one. And then there's all the custom clothing options, the cooking mechanics, it's hard to condense the things I like into this one little section. It's just a really good game.

#12 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:43 AM

Let's get down to it.

Legend of Zelda: My only real strong attachment to this game is my attachment to Zelda Classic. I've used ZC since 1.84, and I can't really say anything about it, honestly.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link: Hold the FUCKING phone, Link's a wizard?! Sign me up.

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: Link to the Past takes a lot of things from Zelda 1 and expands on the formula. It feels right, but not too especially so?

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: I don't think I could really name anything off the top of my head that I enjoyed about this game. Which is to be expected since I both never completed, nor ever liked this one to begin with.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: My first official introduction to the Legend of Zelda as a whole, one of the things I enjoyed most about this game was just wandering around.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Dark, and arguably edgy. This game really appealed to me for its darker, grittier atmosphere. But it also really grabbed my attention because there were so many things to actually do, and you had so little time to do it. Most people I've spoken to who dislike Majora's Mask seem to hate the time limit, but I think it's actually a strength. It forces you, as a player, to try and commit to one specific task.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: Link's a fucking dork. That's the best part.

Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap: I don't really remember much about this title, besides some of the parts of the game being tedious.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons: It was a significantly better handheld Zelda game, and I liked the main villain. I also liked the season changing mechanic.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages: I don't think I finished this one. I don't recall very much from it.

Games I have yet to play: Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks, Triforce Heroes, and Breath of the Wild.

Edited by Alestance, 27 April 2017 - 03:43 AM.

• The Satellite likes this

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

Zelda 1:
It's simplicity and openness. I guess I'm a little spoiled now, cause if I had never played this I don't think I'd find it very simple.

Zelda 2:
This game has some of the most polished and satisfying combat of any NES game. Your moves are quick and fluid, and there's no bullshit jump arc. I'm looking at you, Castlevania trilogy.

ALttP:
A bit if a generic response, but I greatly enjoyed the world shifting mechanic, and the wide array of items. I don't think there's been a Zelda to date with as many optional items, except maybe BotW.

Link's Awakening:
I like the overworld here. This game needs a remake pretty badly though. I know that rock is heavy, but thanks for telling me again, Navi.

OoT:
This overrated dumpster fire of a game can go-- I mean, it's the best ever, and it's 3D! No, I love this game. I like the adult dungeons, mostly. Probably the best dungeons besides SS, and maybe TP.

MM:
Arguably the superior N64 game from a technical standpoint, but this game has the best characters and world of any game up till this point.

Oracle games:
The season mechanic was really cool. And we've seen time travel before, but the season thing was something new, and an idea I'd like to see return.

TWW:
Best combat in the series, except maybe TP. WW Link feels tighter, and less bulky than TP Link, but TP handles special moves better.

TP:
I love the overworld here. Dungeons are mostly great too. It has a slow start, but it really is a very solid title, even if it tries a little too hard to be OoT at times. Midna is also the best partner, imo, but I like Tatl too. Midna is an actual character though.

DS games:
I enjoy never having to play these again unless we get a button using remake, or the emulation community does it first.

Minish Cap:
Decently unique items. And dat art style. This still looks better than the DS games to me. I liked the sound track a lot too, but some tracks are a bit bassy.

SS:
The dungeons. The dungeons. Probably the best 3D dungeons. The story was cool too. The rest of the game, and especially the imprisoned suck though, sorry.

ALBW:
It's basically 3D ALttP. And the painting mechanic and rental system, which I was apprehensive about at first, work really, really well in giving the game a touch of its own identity.

BotW:
The openness. The world, the story, the shrines, the whole game, really. It's what the series needed. My faith in Nintendo was mostly restored with this one.

#14 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

Hmmm. You know what, I am gonna mention a spinoff because it's a really good spinoff.

Hyrule Warriors:
Despite the fact that this might not be everyone's cup of tea, this is beyond just a love letter to the Zelda series. The game puts Zelda on a pedestal as its deity. There is so much content in this game and it is really the best kind of fanservice you can get. Tons of characters from across the franchise, recreations of popular areas and music. A simplified but worthwhile plot. Legends is also a nice addition, though I wish I could have gotten those DLC maps on my Wii U verison.

#15 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:37 AM

The Legend of Zelda - This game has the freedom and openness and stuff, but to what aim?  Well... being able to explore things at your own pace doesn't amount to much if there's not much to find other than the main dungeons.  But -- and this might be a controversial opinion, and it's one I've come to only with a lot of age and having spent a lot of time with this game -- I think the endless amount cryptic secrets actually add to this game a lot.  There's such a feeling of accomplishment and a feeling of discovery that comes with just burning a random bush and discovering a cave you might have never known about before.  It's hard to even convey that sense of constant small discoveries when you have such a small amount of space to work with, and I think the cryptic secrets were their way of accomplishing that.  I could gripe about their implementation in parts, but it was a good core idea... enough of one that it's one they've tried to recapture to varying degrees of success ever since.  The combat feels strategic, measured, and super fun.  The random enemy patterns force you to be cautious and to think about how you're gonna approach things.  Plus there's not many Zelda games that encourage you to actually play around with different items for their combat value quite as much as this one.  Also, I know people like to talk about the openness of the overworld and overall structure, but I actually think the openness of the dungeons is pretty valuable too.  I think the way that the layouts of the dungeons themselves can be sort of puzzles in and of themselves is really cool, and the feeling of "charting out" a dungeon isn't something that's really been revisited since, to my knowledge...

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - It did add a few things that are staples of the series, but I feel like the staples are so vastly different to how they were implemented later that they're not really this game's main contribution to the series.  What I really value out of this game is the combat.  This game's combat feels super super visceral and fun as hell because of it -- there's probably not a single Zelda game with better combat.  The combat in this game is, I feel, a blueprint for the combat that would be used in the later 3D Zelda games, although none of them outdid this game IMO.  Plus, it's hard.  It's hard in a way that's genuinely challenging and genuinely fun.  Also the Great Palace theme is really good.

A Link to the Past - There's nothing really left to say about this game and that in and of itself is a testament to the impact it's left.  I'll try and list some things I like about it that I think not many people point out: I actually really like the atmosphere of a lot of the Dark World.  I dunno, the way it feels super weird and vaguely threatening and otherworldy (yeah I know) is actually really cool.  Plus there's a lot about this game that's shockingly pretty for the time it came out -- the backdrop behind the Pyramid and the layers over the Lost Woods and stuff.  Also, the array of items is really fun to just play around with -- I dunno if there's a Zelda game with more items in terms of pure numbers, and almost all of them are cool concepts.  Mainly the Cane of Somaria.  The Cane of Somaria rules.

Link's Awakening - There aren't very many handheld games period from this era that feel like full-fledged games -- Link's Awakening is probably one of the earliest examples of a handheld game that feels genuinely comparable to the experience you can get on consoles, something not even Mario really accomplished by this point.  It's a real, full Zelda game, in an era when they probably could have put out a crappy watered-down side game with lame physics and like 4 dungeons just to make a quick buck.  The fact that they made dungeons that are honestly genuinely good (better than a lot of ALTTP's!) work on such a tiny screen is actually really impressive.  Also, the colors in the DX version are beautiful.  The story is genuinely emotionally resonant, rare for a Zelda game and probably a first for the series.  I like the atmosphere.

Ocarina of Time - The adult dungeons are very good.  I still adore the atmosphere of the Forest Temple, the Water Temple, and the Spirit Temple.  And the Fire and Shadow Temples ain't much worse.  This game has a shocking amount of dungeon-y content, and that's really where its heart lies: All the main dungeons, plus the Ice Cavern, the Gerudo Training Grounds, honestly the Gerudo Fortress which feels pretty dungeon-y anyway, Bottom of the Well... almost all of these are really cool.  Also, I really like the concept of elemental arrows even if they're unfortunately under-utilized.  Also also, this game has consistently great music.  I love its Hyrule Field theme (which is maybe my third favorite overworld theme in a Zelda game), Saria's Song, Gerudo Valley, some of the later dungeon themes (particularly the aforementioned Forest, Water, Spirit -- even if they are mostly moody and atmospheric and not terribly melodic, I still love the atmospheres they set), and even the Ocarina songs (which are all restricted to the same five notes!) are surprisingly memorable.

Majora's Mask - Okay, this is a weird one, but bear with me: This game is like, almost garishly colorful, and the 3DS version actually even augments the colorfulness.  And it works really well.  It contrasts so, so well with the constantly ominous, genuinely terrifying atmosphere.  It's like it presents this colorful, festival-esque world and immediately throws it into a scenario where doom is constantly lingering -- it just adds to the undercurrent of dread this game constantly has.  And of course there's the fact that the game has probably the widest cast of interesting characters of any Zelda game yet, how cool it is that they all have personalities and lives of their own that go on even if you're not there to witness it.  It seems like every character for this game has a really human motivation for doing what they do... and that just makes the feeling of dread even worse, being constantly reminded that their world is coming to an end.  Also, because of the fact that the world feels so... interconnected and alive... this is one of a small handful of Zelda games where the sidequests are maybe as good as the main quest if not better.  Also, frankly, the overworld is an improvement on Ocarina of Time's, even if just a little bit.  It feels a little less hollow and empty.  Also the transformations are cool and I feel like this game sometimes even uses OoT's items better than OoT even does.  I also really like the time mechanic -- I know a lot of people don't, but I actually like having to think about how to make the most efficient use of a 3-day cycle.

Oracle of Seasons - The overworld is actually pretty fun to trek around through, and there are a lot of cool atmospheres in this game.  I really like the way Tarm Ruins feels, and I really like its music for some reason... call me weird but it feels really evocative to me, although I couldn't tell you of what.  I really like the way winter feels in this game, for some reason.  And while the dungeons aren't quite as great as they are in Ages, they're still prettttty good with a couple good items -- particularly, I think the Magnet Glove is neat.  I also just like the season switching mechanic much more than the time switching mechanic; I think it's a better idea and it's implemented better.  If nothing else, this game feels really fun and easy to get into and this might be the best, um, "Zelda quick fix" type of game, I guess?  And I think its design is overall more consistently good than Ages', even if it doesn't quite reach the same highs...

Oracle of Ages - Bear in mind I haven't beaten this one yet, so I only really know it up to Skull Dungeon, but: The dungeon design is really good -- I don't know that I'd say all the puzzles are great, or that they're even consistently the best in the series, but the ones that are good are really really good, making extremely clever use of new items.  I don't think it's quite as consistent as Seasons, but when it's good it's great.

Four Swords - if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all

The Wind Waker - It still looks good -- it's a GameCube game from 2003 and its visuals almost entirely hold up.  Sure, you can see some pixelliness on some textures if you look close.  But it's really easy to gloss over stuff like that when the game is this good-looking -- bright, colorful, and lively, and not just the colors, either!  The characters, the expressiveness of the characters, especially Link.  I love all the character designs in this game -- they're adorable and eye-catching and like, they feel really human.  This game continues the trend of Majora's Mask making its towns feel really lively, and I love it!  Also, the feeling of exploring the sea, of finding all the little nooks and crannies and tiny islands and little bitty secrets -- I used to hate it and I dunno what in the heck was wrong with me, it's super fun.  Remember how I said they'd experiment with trying to recapture the feeling of just finding random stuff in Zelda 1?  They actually really tried here, and I think this is one of the most successful experiments.  Also, this has the best physics of any 3D Zelda game, in my opinion -- I won't speak too highly of its relative lack of difficulty, but the combat at least feels really fluid and fun.  All of its dungeons are at least good, and it has some really great dungeons, particularly Tower of the Gods and the Earth Temple.  Finally, it has a lot of really great songs.  Dragon Roost Isle, the Great Sea, and its arrangement of the Hyrule Castle theme are all among my favorite Zelda songs of all time.

Four Swords Adventures - I don't remember much about this game (I haven't played it at all since launch and I never technically beat it), but I'll try to give a rundown of the things I remember liking about it: The overall system of gameplay I remember actually really liking, I think some of the new palettes and twists on ALTTP's graphics are actually cool-looking, and it's just generally a fun game -- and I mean that pretty literally.  I think this Zelda game more than any other just captures not only the feeling, but a general atmosphere of, uh, fun-ness.

The Minish Cap - The dungeons are mostly pretty good.  It feels nice to play -- it's very similar, physics-wise, to ALTTP, I feel like.  I liked the uh, the digging mitts and a couple of the boss fights.

Twilight Princess - The dungeons are mostly what people remember from this game, I feel like, and for good reason -- barring maybe Skyward Sword, this game has the most consistently great dungeon design of any Zelda game.  All of the main dungeons, in my opinion, fall into at least the "great" category, and no less than... three, by my count, are all-time great Zelda dungeons.  But it's also generally a fun game to explore, it has a few really charming and memorable characters (Midna of course being the one everyone remembers), and, I know this is a point of contention among people, but I really like its music.  I know people usually think this game's soundtrack is MIDI-ish, for whatever reason, but I never noticed or minded.  It actually has my favorite Kakariko Village theme and, yes, I know this is controversial probably but I don't care -- it has my favorite overworld theme of any Zelda game ever.  I really love the "suite"-ish Hyrule Fields like OoT's, and all of the different sections are super super memorable to me and it just... I just love the tone it sets for the game; it sounds bold.  And I really love Faron Woods's theme too; it's beautiful.  I like Lake Hylia, too.  Did I mention the items yet?  They may not see as much use as they should, but they're still almost all conceptually really cool: the Spinner, the Ball and Chain, the Dominion Rod, and, it may have disappointed some people, but I thought the Double Clawshots were actually really cool.

Phantom Hourglass - I've already said these elsewhere, but: I like the paper cutout style in the intro to the game. I like the implementation of the boomerang, some of the map puzzles, some of the puzzles that involve DS features.  I like Arrow Orbs; I think that they're a very neat concept.  I like the theme that plays during Ciela's, ah, "awakening" in the middle of the game after Temple of Courage.  I like that Bellum's theme recalls the Light World dungeons from ALTTP.

Skyward Sword - Oh.  My good lord.  I am in love with this game.  I love almost everything about this game and it'd be easier to list the things I hate about it (swimming, The Imprisoned), but I'll try: Visually, it's the most beautiful of any Zelda game I've yet played, with stunningly gorgeous impressionistic filtered backgrounds and super inspired areas: Skyloft, Sacred Grounds, Faron Woods with the GORGEOUS colors (it looks beautiful standing on top of the tree aaaaa), Lanayru Desert with its extremely cool contrast between the colorful past and the arid present.  ALL of the overworld sections were brilliant and consistently very, very fun, and even the revisits felt like they expanded upon what was already there with fresh ideas.  Almost all of the dungeons rank among the series' best, with the spatially brilliant and conceptually cool Sandship, atmospheric spooky puzzling Ancient Cistern, and super cool and unique futuristic Lanayru Mining Facility being the standouts. I LOVED LANAYRU. I loved the central time-shifting mechanic and it was consistently used in brilliant ways, then evolved and expanded upon in even more brilliant ways.  I, love, Skyloft.  I love the way it looks, I love the way it feels, I love its surrounding Sky that recalls Wind Waker's ocean, I love all the adorable little townspeople.  I love the story, I love the twists it has -- this is the first Zelda game in a long, long time to get me attached to the characters -- oh, I love the characters.  Groose is super funny and he gets actual character development, the game's version of Zelda is surprisingly spunky and adorable, and Ghirahim is super creepy and a great foil and also funny in his own Ghirahim-ish way.  Even a lot of the side characters on Skyloft are super memorable and funny and made me love doing sidequests!  Almost all of the items were brilliant -- even an item as ancient as the Bow is used in new and interesting ways, and the Whip is maybe my favorite Zelda item ever.  The boss fights are all great, every single one -- challenging, fun, engaging, forcing you to use your wits, visceral, everything a Zelda boss should be and this game has the best bosses of the entire series easily.  Finally, the controls -- while not perfect -- are almost consistently very, very good, with the sword controls being exceptionally good and shockingly easy to get used to and lending itself to the best combat the 3D games have ever had.  There is, to me, no Zelda game which is a better amalgamation of the series' strengths.  I've mentioned this before, but I could still gush about it forever, all the little things I loved about it.

A Link Between Worlds - It's A Link to the Past but better -- it really captures that game's openness and spirit of adventure and its liveliness super well.  Replacing ammunition with an overall stamina bar was a good idea -- getting screwed over by resource management was one of the original game's biggest flaws and I think gutting it was the best thing to do.  The overworld, like its predecessor's, is super fun to just wander around and explore.  Almost every dungeon is among the best the 2D games have ever had and almost every dungeon is actually an improvement on its predecessor -- Turtle Rock is clever, I love Ice Ruins' sense of vertical depth, and Swamp Palace and Desert Palace are super super fun and dense and capture the essence of everything that was great about the original game to begin with.  The wall painting mechanic is actually used in a lot of interesting ways throughout the whole game.  The story ain't bad, either -- it has some pretty neat twists and the Lorule characters are actually surprisingly easy to get attached to.

Haven't played Spirit Tracks or Breath of the Wild at all yet.

Edited by Rambly, 30 April 2017 - 06:45 AM.

• Architect Abdiel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users