Underrated or Obscure ZC Quests

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

To the Top was apparently accomplishing more than what 2.10 can do. If the quest was uploaded on the database, then we can be hearing many great things about this quest. Ratings can easily help escalate itself to where Hero of Dreams is, in terms of how much it can do.

But alas, it's not there, so we can not rate it for sure. Here is the link to the quest for those who want to try it out. It's about 95% done and might not even be finished.

http://www.purezc.ne...tothetop&page=1

#17 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

Well, there's quite a few quests that I think are underrated.

Golvellius, one of the most easily overlooked gems. This quest is a perfect example for a professional old-school styled game.

Vault of Souls, which is a quest made in 2 weeks. For 2 weeks, this is really incredible, as there is a custom subscreen, custom enemies and custom items. These things make for a entirely different experience than any other quest.

The Darkness Within, a quest with an amazing story and interesting characters, items and gameplay ideas. The quest is not without issues, but it's something you should check out.

Russian, also a 2 week quest, which has brilliant screen design and very creative dungeon ideas. The quest is overall really solid and, just like Vault of Souls, easily overlooked.

Promised Lands, which is one of the very best quests out there. It's simply magic and it's my personal favourite, but people might be scared off by the difficulty or the style clash.

In the Lost kingdom of the Banana Blood God, a GB quest that is not submitted to the database currently, but is extremely great in terms of overworld, dungeons, story, items, ideas, bosses and everything. The humour is also amazing. Definetly a must-play.

Edited by Avataro, 31 October 2014 - 09:34 AM.

• Russ, TheLegend_njf and HavoX like this

#18 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

I believe any over 4 stars quests are never underrated, 4 stars mean great.

I think it's so difficult to judge TLoZ: Ballad of a Bloodline is underrated or overrated.

I love BB series, however I know especially 1 and 2 have a lot of flaws.

So I can give 4 or 5 stars subjectively, but 2 or 3 is fair objectively...

Edited by Stray Sheep, 31 October 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#19 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

ToTheTop actually receives a lot of praise (and I agree, it's a great quest). I don't think I've ever heard anybody say it's a bad quest, it's just rather obscure since it's not in the database, and not even finished.

#20 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

A New Adventure and Zelda: A New Dawn.

Okay, so there are some flaws in these two quests, but I personally enjoyed them...

• strike likes this

#21 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

You know, there's actually a few quests that have faded into obscurity soley because they're on a different database. That's basically what I have to say about these 2 quests right here: Tom's Sweet Quest and Super Mario: Nintendo Crisis. Both of these quests are really old, despite what the database claims. I remember playing Nintendo Crisis in like 2005, so I know that wasn't released in 2012.

Either way, both of these are really good quests, especially for the version they were made in, and I'd recommend giving them a play.

#22 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Aidan's Adventure and Yeto's Quest

#23 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

Considering your last post in this thread was "mario quest", I request that you either explain yourself, or stop presenting random quests that a lot of people dislike for incredibly valid reasons.

• Shane likes this

#24 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

Considering your last post in this thread was "mario quest", I request that you either explain yourself, or stop presenting random quests that a lot of people dislike for incredibly valid reasons.

Yeto's Quest is a timeless masterpiece, deal with it. 

He's obviously kidding... You have to turn on the sarcasm detector xD

#25 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

A New Adventure and Zelda: A New Dawn.

Okay, so there are some flaws in these two quests, but I personally enjoyed them...

I like A New Adventure too but it feels like nobody else knows about it.

#26 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

Nintendo Crisis is pretty good from what I've played. Have we found a good Mario quest?

I kinda thought this was a, you know, dare I say, serious thread... But if you wanna joke about something, please do it right. Because it's Yeto`s Quest, not Yeto's Quest.

Edited by Shane, 01 November 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#27 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

The Darkness Within was actually a very good quest. I feel bad for not finishing it.

Probably I just enjoyed the novelty of it since I never played the first one.

#28 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

A New Adventure

I completely forgot about this.

I beat the whole game and I'll say, I'm really impressed with it. It has a few flaws here and there, but it's definitely worth a play.

#29 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Puzzle Quest is severely underrated.

I just started playing Fun in the Sun 2 and it's incredibly good. It's atmosphere is amazing.

-Strike
  • Shane and Haylee like this

#30 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

Eddy's Troll Day is yet another hidden gemstone in the sea of quests. Made by joelmacool12, this quest was made for his brother, EddyTheOliveira. Think about that for a moment. joelmacool12 made a quest for his older brother. That's right, a whole quest dedicated to show his love for his older brother. That's something you don't usually see from a family member or friend for that matter. He also dedicated some references to his friends (Mt. Adam is an obvious reference to his friend, RedmageAdam, and let's not forget joelmacool's girlfriend's cameo). This quest, on the outside, seems like a poorly designed troll quest. But deep down inside, where few only can truly see, this quest is innocent, sunshine and rainbows and is a quest of love, peace and hope.

Edited by Shane, 03 November 2014 - 10:16 PM.

• Eddy and Joelmacool like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users