Photo

Help with recording audio from a SNES & mic with OBS.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:58 PM

I have a composite-to-USB dongle, and I'm able to use OBS as a display for my SNES, and GameCube. I can also record it. There is a small issue though. My computer interprets both the headset microphone, and the audio from the USB Composite device as "microphones" so I can either only record game sound flawlessly, or record my voice, and the game sound with lag. IT might be worth mentioning that my headset is also USB.

Is there a way to have multiple "microphones" in the context of OBS?

A Link to the Past capture test. No mic sound, but good sound sync.
Spoiler

A Link to the Past capture test with mic audio, but de-synced sound effects, and game audio.
Spoiler

Thanks. :)

#2 fireyf

fireyf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:41 AM

My suggestion would be to have OBS just record the game sounds.  Get something like Audacity (free and open source) to record from the mic.  Then you can put them in a video editor and drop your narration in the narration track and make the necessary adjustments to sync it up with your game play.  You could also mix the two tracks in Audacity and then just replace the track in your video editor.

• Anthus likes this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

Thanks. I haven't had internet for a few days at home, so I didn't want to type this all out on my phone, but I got it figured out. It's not perfect, but I am able to record my voice, and the game sound. Basically, OBS records the game sound through the speakers, which have their own headphones plugged into them so it is not interfering with my voice, then my commentary is recorded with the headset directly. I'm not sure why I can't get the headset to be the speakers too, it has an option, but the only way both work correctly is with my current rig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users