enemy editor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

I'm wondering if Walking Enemy types can;t summon, or if I've done something wrong...

My set-up is:

Weapon: Magic

Type: Walking Enemy

E. Anim: 4-Frame, 4-Dir + Firing

Shot Type: Summon

Then I set the enemy to summon (not using the layer option).

The enemy doesn't summon anything, or do any magical attack. Is the summoning shot type for walking enemies an oversight, or should I use a different weapon type here?

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

Just making sure: Did you set the "Shot Attr. 1", "Solid Combos Ok", and the "Teleport Delay"?

#3 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

You might want to use "Summon (Layer)". It summons the enemies from the screen's layer 1 screen.

#4 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

If you set a walking enemy to use the summon shot type, then death attribute 1 determines the ID of the enemy to summon and death attribute 2 determines the maximum number of enemies summoned in one go.

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

Ignore the questions below:

The reason it wasn't summoning is because I didn't set a halt rate.

For a walking enemy to summon, or to fire at all, you need to set a halt rate above 0. I set up walking enemies with a variety of firing effects, including 4-frame, and 8-frame; both with and without (+ Firing), with attack types of fireball, and magic.

Then I set them all to have a halt rate of 4.

Now, they summon, albeit faster than desired. I expect that adjustments to halt rate will fix that too.

Here are the set-ups that I now to be working: All of these work:

Clone 1

(Data 1)
Weapon: Fireball
E. Anim: 4-Frame, 4-Dir
Halt Rate: 4
(Data 2)
Death Attr. 1: Enemy Number to Summon
Death Attr. 2: Number of Enemies to Summon

Clone 2

(Data 1)
(Data 2)

Clone 3

(Data 1)
E. Anim: Wizrobe 4-Frame
(Data 2)

Clone 1

(Data 1)
(Data 2)

Clone 4

(Data 1)
E. Anim: 4-Frame, 8-Dir, + Firing
(Data 2)

Clone 5

(Data 1)
E. Anim: 4-Frame, 4-Dir, + Firing
(Data 2)

Clone 6

(Data 1)
E. Anim: Wizrobe 4-Frame
(Data 2)

Clone 7

(Data 1)
(Data 2)

Clone 8

(Data 1)
E. Anim: Walker
(Data 2)

-

If you set a walking enemy to use the summon shot type, then death attribute 1 determines the ID of the enemy to summon and death attribute 2 determines the maximum number of enemies summoned in one go.

I set those variables. I already set Death Attr 1 to the enemy to summon (editor ID), and Death Attr 2 to a value of '2', so summon two of these. I mentioned that inmy OP, but I guess you missed it.  My other settings are as above:

Death Attr 1: Enemy Set
Death Attr 2: Number Set

Just making sure: Did you set the "Shot Attr. 1", "Solid Combos Ok", and the "Teleport Delay"?

FYI, those are only valid for Wizrobe-type enemies; not waling enemy types. I know that I can do this with Wizzers, but my set-up is based on a Gibdo or Stalfos ';Walking Enemy', and I want to know if the 'Summon' option works for them; or if I have the incorrect weapon type set for summoning with a walker.  I'm not even certain if Walkers can use Weapon: Magic, which may be the cause. Perhaps I should change it to Fireball, or something else, and then the game engine will kick in and use the specified summoning.

You might want to use "Summon (Layer)". It summons the enemies from the screen's layer 1 screen.

Do you think this would have an affect? I would think that if Summon (enemy, number) doesn;t work, then the game engine isn;t doing the 'attack' required to trigger the summonl I can try it, but layer summoning is really only useful when you want the enemy to summon an enemy from a variety based on a list. I will certainly be using that later, but at present, I am setting up a series of enemies that I have given the non-subtle name of 'Cloner'; I will probably change it to something else later, but the enemy series does a few things, based on type:

One thing not included in the WIki, is whether when summoning, based on a layer, if (1) the enemies summoned with be all of the enemies on that layer, or (2) a specified number of those enemies. If the latter, will later summons (2A) bring forth the remaining enemies; and if so, (2A1) what happens when all the enemies have been summoned from that layer. Does the effect end?

Game manual text:
Clone (Summon): This enemy breaks into more of itself, using odd supernatural powers: Defeat him fast, or he will make your life hell! (This, is the summoner enemy; it summons two more of itself, and then those in turnn can also summon more of themselves.)
Clone (Split on Hit): SPlits into two, identical enemies on hitting them; can repeat infinitely. Must be killed with a certain type of item. (Think of this as a D&D 'Troll' type enemy.)
Clone (Split on Death): Watch out for this one! Killing him makes more, that keep regrowing!

Obliviously, I would prefer to use the shot type summon, with the enemy type, and number of enemies set directly, w/o layer use for this one. I'll try changing the weapon type to fireball and see if that works.

I am using these at present:

I would really like to get this to work, using what I already have, and will resort to ghosting it if it isn't possible with the e-editor. Assuming that a walking enemy can summon, whether by the normal summoning, or by layer summoning, or both:

Should I change Weapon to Fireball?
Should I change E. Anim to normal 4-Frame, 4-Dir, and leave out (+ Firing)?
Should I do both?

I would really like a definitive answer as to if Walking Enemy types can use summoning, or if having Summoning in their list of attacks is an oversight, or if it not working is a bug.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 12 April 2014 - 07:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enemy editor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users