• Please log in to reply
4954 replies to this topic

#4066 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:12 PM

unknown.png

I need to do more tiles for it, but Hyrule Castle's being worked on now, as well as the section of the overworld that contains it.

Hyrule Castle has begun sinking into it's old moat a long time ago.

• Eddy likes this

#4067 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Got the basis for a script together that will allow me to give items an added effect. (Thanks to some help)

Created a duplicate feather and flippers. For each, one is enabled only on sideview screens, while the other is only enabled on top down screens. I haven't tested them out, but in theory, this should work.

Currently waiting to get on my computer to see if I can enhance the versatility of the raft.

Edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami, 12 May 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#4068 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

unknown.png

I could also technically reuse these tiles for the Tower of Hera.

• Eddy and Sheik like this

#4069 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

Interesting approach. I am liking it, I am just not sure whether it screams BS Zelda at me anymore. I feel like maybe bigger bricks or less "outlining" in the middle of the tiles (i.e. black lines between individual bricks) could be more in style.

Maybe an edited ("cleaner") version of this would blend in better?

5QMpVCt.png

• Alestance and Jared like this

#4070 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

Created the overall design of the middle layer area between Skull Woods and Lost Woods.
Pre adding of staircases, challenges, secrets, items and shortcuts.
The overall design may not be set in stone, as certain things could be alter for the intent of challenging the player.

Concept:
This area is sort of caveish area where the roof of Skull Woods can be seen buried beneath the sand.

Spoiler

Edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami, 14 May 2017 - 04:40 AM.

• Shane and Eddy like this

#4071 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

Interesting approach. I am liking it, I am just not sure whether it screams BS Zelda at me anymore. I feel like maybe bigger bricks or less "outlining" in the middle of the tiles (i.e. black lines between individual bricks) could be more in style.

Maybe an edited ("cleaner") version of this would blend in better?

[snip]

Is this better?

unknown.png

• Sheik likes this

#4072 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

Yes, it most definately is.

#4073 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

Once again nothing I did today. And only unfinished stuff I abondened that I hope someone can use. First my approaches for 2x2 female sprites.

1Maple.png?dl=1

Maple. Pretty much finished, you need to cut her hat-sprite for using the hammer. And she flies instead of swimming.

1Din.png?dl=1

Is there even one edited tile in here? Whatever, if you set the sprites up for Maple you might want to play around with these for fun.

1goron.png?dl=1

Sligthtly edits of Bwar's goron-sprites (I think he wants credit for it). They are a bit messed up (eg position of fist and sword tipping sfx) and some functions should be disabled (I think, don't really remember). The swimming tiles are supposed to be him wading through lava. I also added Bwar's sprites for stuff you can't do without scripts.

1deku.png?dl=1

I also intended to make Deku-Link, but lost interest after I realized I have to decide between a "real stab" and a "shoot" sprite for attacking. I also planned a super silly jokequest where you can choose between Deku J. Red (the sprite-color, based on a pure member) and Goron Gorobert (based on the deku's better half) to save the other but realized shortly after that this is just too dumb.

#4074 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

I need that Maple sprite. And a Maple random appearance system.

Maple is like tied for my favorite 2D character, alongside Irene.

They look nice btw.

#4075 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:10 AM

Is Irene a Zelda-charakter? Doesn't ring a bell.

Just to have said it, there are already Maple tiles in the EZGBZ-tileset. You could also use Shanes Sanctuary-Tree-quest-files he left us. If I remember it right the files are better organized than the file in the database with additional loose tiles already added - and *imagine trumpets that play to announce the arrival of the King* shanes costum-made tiles. Anyway, the Maple-tiles for random-appearances of the young maiden, be it broom, cleaner or ufo, are all there and should be more useful to you compared to my tiles.

#4076 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

zelda093.png

I blocked out (not detailed) the map shape for the 2nd of 6 overworld maps. The palette this map's in is the graveyard palette. The drab, grayness mirrors the NES Legend of Zelda's white graveyard area. Kakariko is in ruin, and there's hastily made graves where once there was a bustling town.

• Sheik and Matthew like this

#4077 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:44 AM

Been working on puzzles for Skull Woods Rooftop. I've introduced a few different types which include quite a few traps. But the trap screens all have hints that there are traps on the screen. So far, on my first 6 screens, you use the candle and bracelet 2 in a variety of ways.

Pretty happy with the way it's going, even if making the puzzles is taking a while.

#4078 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

Well, this has been a while coming (about a week, it's taking forever), but I've been working on re-designing my overworld, I've finished Kokiri Forest, next is level 1, then the Lost Woods.

Old:
hdqwEB0.png

New:
DSVKrDE.png

• Sheik, Jared, Matthew and 1 other like this

#4079 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

Looks really nice! Great work.

• Binx likes this