Photo

New Nintendo 2DS XL

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

There have been jokes about this before. But it's real now.

... and all things considered I kinda like its design.

• Rambly likes this

#2 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

I'm a little confused, wasn't the whole point of the 2DS design to NOT have a closeable screen, because parents kept complaining about it breaking?

• Jenny and Joelmacool like this

#3 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

I'm a little confused, wasn't the whole point of the 2DS design to NOT have a closeable screen, because parents kept complaining about it breaking?

I guess they realized that parents should be more responsible for their kids actions? Or Nintendo is starting to work towards slowing down New Nintendo 3DS/XL production and is starting to recycle left over display units for this thing.

#4 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

My guess on it, is that it's more of a budget system for anyone (not just kids) that has been wanting a *new* 3DS, but didn't want to shell out $200 for one. There are also plenty of people out there that do not want to use the 3D of the system anyways, so this would be a good choice for those people. Seems as though the hinge on this system has been redesigned, and hopefully the hinge change ends up being more durable than what they have been using since the DS days.

• Rambly, Cukeman and Naru like this

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:14 PM

Heck yeah! Do want. I may not be able to afford it though (more about my budget than the price).

#6 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:21 AM

I think the big question is, "why?"

The Switch is doing OK, there's not that many negative reports, why do this, especially at that price.  At this rate it's an overpriced piece of "dog pile"

-James

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

Nintendo is essentially handing out dev-kits to the hacking community at this point. I don't mind their Bethesda approach to this though.

#8 Castelia

Castelia

Fred Durst stan

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:09 AM

Honestly, this actually looks kinda cool. It's surprisingly affordable, and I've been looking for a new 3DS system since my old one got a little banged up over time. The only question, though, is can it play Virtual Console SNES games?

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

Assuming it runs on the same architecture as New 3DS (which seems to be the case, just minus 3D), then I'd imagine so. The only difference between 2DS and 3DS was no 3D and no clamshell design. Don't see why the New 2DS would be a downgrade.

• Cukeman likes this

#10 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:18 AM

I have an O3DS and a Switch, if I was in the market for a 3DS atm, this would be amazing.  I don't use the 3D much on my 3DS anyway.  The price point is great as well.  I see no reason why this can't exist alongside the 3D variant of the 3DS.

• Neppy and Cukeman like this

#11 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

I always found the 3D function terrible in every game i played, so i never turned it on (i'm sure there's some game i've not played that uses it in a good way). But this is actually a pretty good option for people who want a New 3DS but don't care/like the 3D function and also want to save money.

Edited by Norzan, 28 April 2017 - 10:41 AM.

• Cukeman likes this

#12 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

XL? I'm wearing a XL shirt right now. That's a pretty big 2DS.

Edited by Item, 28 April 2017 - 10:54 AM.

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

This could be an opportunity for them to make it a bit faster, even. I doubt they will, but it's been a while since the >New< 3DS XL came out, so the cost of those components could have come down, and without the 3D display, they maybe could spurge a little extra on a slightly faster CPU. I don't really ever use the 3D anymore myself, except with SM3DL, and the N64 Zelda ports, at times.

#14 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

I'm honestly considering getting it when it comes out, mainly to play Hyrule Warriors Legends and Pokemon Sun. You know, so that i don't have to deal with insane lag or framerate issues. Too bad there's still no set release date for Europe. 

#15 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

You know? This actually looks quite nice, compared to the original 2DS.

I never use the 3D on my 3DS anyways, so this would be a serious consideration if I didn't already have two. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users