Brock Lesnar.qst

Rating: 3.5/5 (3 ratings)
Photo

NJF Plays Brock Lesnar.qst (*-*Completed*-*)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

(Note: I've added a new section titled "Before We Begin!" asking viewers various questions related to the following series I am about to begin sharing videos of this Lets Play. This is to encourage discussion in this topic rather than a simple video drop source. This is done to be more in line with the new standards that I believe is expected in this Lets Play forum since the new rules have fell into place recently. Keep in mind that participating in these discussions will be important because I will now be pacing my video series with priority based on discussion over just schedule alone. So if you want videos to appear sooner, I suggest participating in discussion more frequently so I can bring my content to you sooner.)

NJF Plays Brock Lesnar.qst

BLQ_00_zpsjvhhnndm.png

Genre: Short Quest

Released in 2016 to the PureZC Quest Database.

Designed by Moosh

Description:

A short quest by Moosh released to the PureZC Quest Database in 2016 as a tribute to TeamUDF. Inspired by Team's unique play style, this quest is setup to punish you for dying, as if dying wasn't punishing enough. This is a quest where you have to strategically save often to prevent losing progress from death, since dying adds to a death score that prevents you from legit beating the game. 

You play as Zelos Pheonix who has a mysterious time manipulating ability that has given him the power to never lose in battle. Zelos becomes paranoid that somebody will eventually try and break his no-lose winning streak. He decides to control his own destiny by trying to seek out the one who will end his winning streak once and for all. 

This quest only has one dungeon and no overworld, making it a true short quest. However, the dungeon is a large one and it should take over an hour or two to beat. It uses very classic Zelda Classic design techniques but promises the very quality design you've come to expect from Moosh. It's certainly a worthy entry to the database. 

Stream & LP Information:

(Note: The rules for LP sharing has recently been updated to be more in sync with PureZC's new rules, so it's very important to check this out.)

Streaming for this quest has long already since been done. From now on I will be pacing my video sharing with priority on the amount of discussion this topic encourages over schedule. So please participate in discussion to see videos of this series sooner than later. 

Before We Begin!

I have a few questions I would like to ask my fans about this video series:

• Have you heard of this quest before?
  • Have you played this quest before?
  • Are you excited to see a new Lets Play of this quest?
  • If you haven't played this quest, will you consider playing this quest after this series is done?
  • Will you actively engage in discussing this quest and this LP series in future posts? 
  • Please leave a comment alone about Brock Lesnar.qst or what you expect to see from this LP!

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:31 PM

Have you heard of this quest before?

Yes.

Have you played this quest before?

Nope.

Are you excited to see a new Lets Play of this quest? 

Yes, cause I probably won't play it cause I don't like the rulez :P

If you haven't played this quest, will you consider playing this quest after this series is done?

That depends, I haven't seen it yet. But it is a possibility since I'd probably know where to go, and not suck as bad as if I was playing it with no previous knowledge.

Will you actively engage in discussing this quest and this LP series in future posts? 

Yes, if other people also say stuff so I'm not just talking to a wall here. :P

• TheLegend_njf likes this

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

It's not an overly difficult quest. I was first intimidated by the rules, but quickly adapted to them. The game is really worth playing as it's as fun as you'd expect all of Moosh's quests to be. 

• Anthus likes this

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

NJF Plays Brock Lesnar.qst (01 - Done Already?)

BLQ_01_zpscuqu3t82.png

(20:16)

Zelos Phoenix is regarded as a legend in his world for never losing in battle.  However, being undefeatable has it's price as Zelos became paranoid that somebody would eventually come and take his winning streak away. In reality though, it seems that Zelos has been defeated in the past, but he had a special ability that can reverse time (It's called F6 just so we are clear that Moosh is breaking the 4th wall here,  the same 4th wall I'm breaking right now). It was Zelos special space time powers that made him undefeatable in the end. Using his special powers, he was pretty much invincible. 

As his paranoia grew, Zelos thought instead to regain control of his destiny and seek out the one who would eventually defeat him before the opposite becomes true. Using help from fortune teller to locate the one who would eventually defeat him, Zelos is lead to a place called Dace Breast in the mountains. Here Zelos will find somebody worthy enough, somebody who he could not win against.

Thus Zelos heads to and explores Dace Breast, but it wasn't long before he had to use his space time powers. As it turns out, this unknown location of the world was not to be taken lightly in its challenge. Still, with his secret ability, Zelos knows he cannot lose. 

Credit
byWizards @ deviantart.com for title image.
Moosh64 @ purezc.net for sharing his Zelda Classic quest.

Did you like this video? Or did you hate it? Please share your thoughts down below! Discussion is highly encouraged as it keeps me closer to my fans and improves the overall quality of this series!

• Aevin likes this

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

Wasn't it crazy how I died right at the end of the first video? Already I am forced to start over from the beginning. This couldn't possibly be a good sign for this run! Or was this maybe a sloppy beginning to a very great series?

Something tells me I just may be in for a rustling after all! Share your thoughts down below! 

#6 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

I'm thinking you need to go deathless in order to fight the actual final boss, which appears to be a doozy from what I've watched.  And then you probably have to retry until you beat that boss without dying to get the little extra bit that will show why deathless is truly impossible in this quest.  With deaths beforehand, I think it just goes to the end dialog bit and skips the boss battle.

Edited by pixcalibur, 31 December 2016 - 04:02 PM.

• TheLegend_njf and Evan20000 like this

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

I'm thinking you need to go deathless in order to fight the actual final boss, which appears to be a doozy from what I've watched.  And then you probably have to retry until you beat that boss without dying to get the little extra bit that will show why deathless is truly impossible in this quest.  With deaths beforehand, I think it just goes to the end dialog bit and skips the boss battle.

It says in the description that there's no point in trying to beat the boss, you're right, if you can manage to beat the boss deathless, Moosh said that he'll use an attack that's impossible to avoid. However, you don't have to go that far. The object here is to just give up. When you let the boss beat you, you can trigger the game's ending when you visit him again. 

==========

NJF Plays Brock Lesnar.qst (02 - 4 Hearts of Damage?!)

BLQ_02_zps6binmd88.png

(19:53)

"OH MAN IT'S MEMEUDF" - Moosh64 @ 15:02

After using his time reversal trick to undo his last defeat, Zelos Phoenix continues his quest through the Dace Breast in search for the opponent who can finally defeat him once and for all. During his quest he fights the Crowghus Hogan, a creature that can inflict 4 hearts of damage and it's his trademark attribute.  

Credit
Moosh @ purezc.net for sharing his Zelda Classic.

Did you like this video? Or did you hate it? Please share your thoughts down below! Discussion is highly encouraged as it keeps me closer to my fans and improves the overall quality of this series!

#8 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

To answer some of your questions, I have heard of this quest but haven't played it yet, unfortunately (as is the case for many quests...). This quest does seem very interesting though, as from what I've seen on the Let's Plays so far. I'll definitely consider playing it, after I finish Eiyuu, though, since it's a tribute to the quest.

As for the video itself, jeez, that damage is painful lol. Good luck.

Looking forward to future videos!  :)

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

To answer some of your questions, I have heard of this quest but haven't played it yet, unfortunately (as is the case for many quests...). This quest does seem very interesting though, as from what I've seen on the Let's Plays so far. I'll definitely consider playing it, after I finish Eiyuu, though, since it's a tribute to the quest.

As for the video itself, jeez, that damage is painful lol. Good luck.

Looking forward to future videos!  :)

I dunno what's more painful, the 4 hearts of damage or the 4 hearts of damage audio that constantly plays over and over again. lol

==========

NJF Plays Brock Lesnar.qst (03 - Mandala the Wileworm)

BLQ_03_zpsydmzner4.png

(34:17)

"You're also the guy who yells at enemies. :P" - Moosh64 @ 29:50

"Dimentio does the superbosses too, but nobody watches him. Kappa" - Moosh64 @ 30:27

Zelos Phoenix win streak continues as he explores deeper into Dace Breast. Not even Mandala the Wileworm can break his record. Zelos begins to doubt that there is anybody here who can break his winning streak. 

Credit
Moosh @ purezc.net for sharing his Zelda Classic quest.

• David likes this

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

NJF Plays Brock Lesnar.qst (04 - The Boss Key in the Basement)

BLQ_04_zpsvlixxgpi.png

(33:40)

Down in the basement of Breast Dace. Zelos Pheonix solves a complex puzzle to earn his final key. Now he is ready to face the one who is destined to break his winning streak. 

Credit
Moosh @ PureZC for sharing his Zelda Classic quest.

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

NJF Plays Brock Lesnar.qst (05 - The Final Battle)

BLQ_05_zpszy09yr8x.png

(29:29)

"Swindling begins..." - arceusplayer11 @ 4:10

"RIP center Moosh." - Rondorix @ 22:13

Rondorix: What even? (25:41)
Moosh64: the dumbest ending (25:56)
Rondorix: Never change, Moosh. (26:00)

Zelos meets a hooded man, who is quickly revealed to be the man looking forward to defeating Zelos once and for all. After a brief introduction, the man removes his hood and reveals himself to be Brock Lesnar, a former WWE and UFC champion and is currently "the most accomplished athlete in professional wrestling history".

Brock intends to destroy Zelos' winning streak, and he is quite confident that he'll complete his task. 

After a tough fight, Lesnar becomes overly impressed by their battle, but still reminds Zelos that this does not change a thing, his winning streak is about to end. Lesnar then pulls out the mask of Streaky Breaky. This Mask of Truth Sprite transforms Lesnar into a higher being. Lesnar becomes an overused palette swap Kefka sprite. 

With his new form, Lesnar as Palette Swap Kefka is unstoppable, and he is glad to demonstrate.

Palette Swap Lesnar/Kefka easily defeats Zelos, forcing him to use his ability to reverse time. However, the reality soon dawns on Zelos that this ability is useless against Lesnar. Undo his loss as many times as he wants, he still won't beat Lesnar because Lesnar is unbeatable. 

After this realization, Zelos accepts defeat and allows his winning streak to finally end. He returns to Lesnar to congratulate him on his win, but asks him a question about his transformation. 

Zelos speculates that Lesnar's transformation is inconsistent with his true character and thus suspects that his foe cannot be the real Brock Lesnar. This shocking news overwhelms Palette Swap Lesnar/Kefka and triggers a long delayed and dormant death animation, thus giving Zelos victory over Lesnar. 

As reward for defeating Lesnar, Zelos earns the Mooshforce. An omnipotent relic with wish granting capabilities. The Mooshforce credits its existence to Moosh who is eager to brag about how he was able to recreate the ALTTP ending sequence in this journey. 

Zelos is offered a single wish, and after an awkward moment between Zelos and the Mooshforce, Zelos wish to play Flappy Moosh is granted!

Credit
Moosh @ purezc.net for sharing his Zelda Classic quest.

#12 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

That's quite an elaborate story description for a joke quest xD

Edited by Avataro, 14 January 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:07 AM

Yeah, so if you manage to beat that Kafka palette swap, you get hit with an unavoidable attack that is a guaranteed game over, no matter what you do. Clever that you have to get a game over to actually proceed onward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users