Nazca Mummies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

This has been a rather hot news item in the shadier part of journalism over the last few weeks, and was featured on Çoast to Coast AM', which is broadcast worldwide.

My three questions, are as follows:

Do you think that there is any credence to this purported find? By this, I mean, do you believe this to be a hoax, real, or are you undecided?

Are you hopeful that this is legitimate?  This second question, is directed at whether you want this to be real.

Should this be legitimate, what do you think it will change about our human nature? (e.g., Do you feel that people will be encouraged toward a brighter future; or do you think that we will tear ourselves apart because of it.)

This is no a poll. I'm hoping for some good discussion, and I am interested in any speculation that does not diverge into rants.

-------

I am hopeful that it might be real. I would like to see definitive proof that we are not alone in the cosmos; but I fear the fallout of humanity learning of it. I do not have a great deal of faith in our ability to cope with such a radical change in our perception of life, particularly with what is happening abroad today.

I do find that the sources are dubious, and I would want to examine the 'specimen space-man' with me own eyes, and see X-Ray and MRI results, in person, as anyone can create a CGI of an X-Ray or MRI.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 08 July 2017 - 11:50 PM.

#2 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:52 AM

I hope it's real.  It'd be really cool to finally have proof of aliens existing.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:22 AM

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And I'm seeing absolutely none of that here. To my understanding, they haven't brought in any credible scientists or gone through any of the proper channels for this sort of thing. It reeks of a hoax, through and through. I mean, it'd be cool if it were really, but I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest it is.

#4 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:14 AM

Is that mummy supposed to look realistic? I mean I don't know about such things and I am aware that big-movie-effects are often overdoing it, resulting in an unrealistic-seeming reality. But that mummy looks like it was handmade to me. Also, as I don't understand much about biology, I can't imagine the use of evolving such fingers while keeping a humanoid body form.

Regarding shady media, while the media shown doesn't seem credible I doubt any credible media would dare to bring that. I mean celebrities or some funny/heartwarming stories are always good, in regards of political issues a lot of things that could give the media bringing it up serious troubles seem to be avoided and many small but important issues are just ignored as long as people don't show interest in the topic. So I can't see for what reason a "credible" media would decide to bring such a story, even if there should be good evidence. Though I admit that I don't know if there actually even are proper channels for such things.

I gave it a serious thought and I just seem to not care. Obviously a clear evidence for their existence would be huge, but than again it is not, it doesn't really affect my life at all. With more knowledge like what influence it had on humanity it would be a different matter, but the body alone is not really a thing to me.

#5 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

my answes in red :

Do you think that there is any credence to this purported find? By this, I mean, do you believe this to be a hoax, real, or are you undecided? is a Hoax at 99 %, seem made of chalk

Are you hopeful that this is legitimate?  This second question, is directed at whether you want this to be real. i will be glad if this is true, a proof of life from space !but i think this is all fake,

Should this be legitimate, what do you think it will change about our human nature? (e.g., Do you feel that people will be encouraged toward a brighter future; or do you think that we will tear ourselves apart because of it.) no​, a single alien corpse would not be sufficient to prove that there was  contacts between  aliens and the men of antiquity or their influence in pre-columbian civilizations and Egyptian. at most I would say that they found him dead in a crashed spaceship, and believing him to be a divine mummified him as the Egyptians did with the Pharaohs

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 09 July 2017 - 04:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users