Conventions Thread

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:24 AM

You can add Great Lakes Fur Con to my upcoming list. That's all the way out in May, though. I'm thinking about trying to sling some commissions there.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#32 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:38 AM

Here's Part 1 of my Autograph Haul from the last three cons I went to:

Edited by Dawnlight, 03 November 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#33 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

Here is Part 2 of my Autograph Haul from Youmacon 2015!

#34 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:25 PM

My next con will be Daisho Con 2015 next Friday 11/20-22 in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin!

Guests I plan to meet:

* Colleen Clinkenbeard

* Jamie Marchi

* Grant George

* Jessica George

This will be a fun con! :)

#35 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:38 AM

I had a really fun time at Daisho Con 2015! Here is my first video!

Janet Varney (aka Korra from The Legend of Korra) shaking everyone's hand when introducing herself at Opening Ceremonies! :D

#36 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:03 PM

So next year, I'm going to quite a lot of conventions with my con buddies! I recently reserved for two cons in Ohio, home of TS. Reservations for Matsuricon 2016 in Columbus and Colossal Con 2016 in Sandusky (where Cedar Point is). 

Other notable cons I'm going to next year are Anime Crossroads, Anime Milwaukee, Shuto Con, ACen of course, Kitsune Kon, and Anime Iowa.

It will be a fun year next year! I hope I can see any of you at these cons! Food is on me! :D

Edited by Dawnlight, 26 November 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#37 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:47 AM

Here are two new videos of my Daisho Con 2015 experience!

#38 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:53 AM

Recently, I've been to a convention called "Con Alt Delete 2015" in Rosemont, IL. I also had a new camera at that time so I ended up taking a whole lot of cosplay pictures. Here are all the pics I took from the convention.

https://www.facebook...88467274&type=3

(If you want to add me on Facebook, please let me know who you are from PZC ;) )

#39 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

I may go to a Con with Melee next year.  We didn't go this year because of RL stuff holding us back.  

#40 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:41 PM

I have quite a convention adventure in 2016. I will be making video vlogs of my experiences.

Here's my schedule so far:

January

• Anime Apocalypse in Schaumburg, IL

February

• YourMiniCon Wisconsin in Madison, WI
  • Anime Crossroads in Indianapolis, IN

March

• Anime Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI
  • Shuto Con in Lansing, MI

May

• Anime Central in Rosemont, IL

June

• Colossal Con in Sandusky, OH
  • (Maybe) JAFAX in Grand Rapids, MI

July 

• Anime Midwest in Rosemont, IL
  • Glass City Con in Toledo, OH
  • KitsuneKon in Green Bay, WI
  • AnimeIowa in Coralville, IA

August

• Matsuricon in Columbus, OH

September

• Ramencon in Merrilville, IN

November

• Youmacon in Detroit, MI
  • Kollision Kon in Bloomingdale, IL

Forget buying video games this year, it's all about going to these amazing cons! :)

• ShadowTiger, Eddy and David like this

#41 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:57 AM

Have a lot of fun man!

#42 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:24 PM

Myself and a group of friends got our tickets for Anime North 2016 in Toronto. This will be my 6th year in a row going, and I'm really looking forward to it. Myself and a close friend are planning to cosplay as inklings, complete with ink and waterguns that we'll be able to shoot at each other with. (Hopefully. Y'know, convention policies and the such. :P) And if things work out I'll also have a Sans cosplay from Undertale as well. It's pretty much the only convention I do, but it's always a fun time. I always end up finding really cool stuff there and get to talk to some really cool people.

It's not until the end of May, mind you. But it's hard to not get a little excited, ha ha.

• Dawnlight likes this

#43 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

Myself and a group of friends got our tickets for Anime North 2016 in Toronto. This will be my 6th year in a row going, and I'm really looking forward to it. Myself and a close friend are planning to cosplay as inklings, complete with ink and waterguns that we'll be able to shoot at each other with. (Hopefully. Y'know, convention policies and the such. :P) And if things work out I'll also have a Sans cosplay from Undertale as well. It's pretty much the only convention I do, but it's always a fun time. I always end up finding really cool stuff there and get to talk to some really cool people.

It's not until the end of May, mind you. But it's hard to not get a little excited, ha ha.

Anime North must be something. It was ranked the 2nd largest con in North America last year. I know the only con I go to that's closest to you is Youmacon. That's also an amazing con despite being in a shady city like Detroit. 

• SpacemanDan likes this

#44 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

I never actually realized how big Anime North was. ._. I mean, I knew it was big, what with having to cap attendance and how difficult getting hotels can be there, but I didn't think it ranked that high up there.

Youmacon's one I've heard quite a bit about. I wouldn't mind trying an out of the country convention at some point - it'd be neat to see other conventions! :3 Won't be anytime soon, since these things add up in cost fast, ha ha.

#45 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

I used to go to a lot more conventions, but now I usually only go to Ohayocon which is coming up next weekend. I used to go to Armegedicon/ Anime Punch, and Matsuricon which are pretty small (a few hundred people) compared to Ohayocon which is well over 12k now, and grows every year. If anyone lives in the central Ohio area, you should go to Ohayocon.

I met Nightmare (JamesQuest creator) at a convention once. I don't think it was OC though, I feel like it was a smaller con that was still at the convention center.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users