• Shane and David like this

#17 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

sign me up for this :) skype: simmmon123

Sent you a friend request to be able to add you! :)

• Shane and EpY like this

#18 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

I also sent you one, because why not lol.

• EpY likes this

#19 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

I also sent you one, because why not lol.

Same here XD

• Shane and EpY like this

#20 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

So the moderators have decided specifically the ban lengths that will incur when someone breaks the rules. Here they are, in order:

- "Mute"
- One-Day Ban
- One-Week Ban
- Two-Week Ban
- One-Month Ban
- Two-Month Ban
- Three-Month Ban
- Banned Forever

Basically, the first time you break the rules, you get muted on the group chat. You will be able to see messages but not post anything for a length of time decided by the moderator who muted you. A second offense of breaking the rules will result in a 1 day ban, and so on and so forth.

If you don't cause any trouble after your banned period for around a month, your ban length will reset to the "Mute" one if you then cause trouble again.

Thank you! If you want to join the group still, please make a post and we will add you as soon as possible!

• Shane, Eddy, Haylee and 1 other like this

#21 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

Yeah, I think it is fortunate we picked this up ourselves and added in moderating sooner than later. I'll refer your post in the OP, David. :)

I also added a note to the OP, due to it being controversy... I'll harp it out in this post: we are NOT accepting mod requests. We will accept them if the time comes. :)

#22 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

I'm not sure if this is necessary or not, but I will say it for the record so that people understand with proper clarity...

This PureZC Skype group is unofficial.  There is no official Skype group, and no plans in the works for there being one.  To understand what that entails, it basically isn't PureZC staff supported (the staff of the Skype group are a separate entity, based on an interest in having a Skype group for PureZC members), and thus is not officially attached to the PureZC site.

I'm glad that Charizard put forth the effort to have rules and such in there, in the interest of maintaining a certain quality within the group, and I applaud him for that.  Hopefully this will reduce the chances of problems in there, and thus reduce the chances of problems spilling over into other public areas, especially official ones.  Any problems that occur in the Skype group and are contained within that group face consequences within the confines of that group.  However, if any problems that occur in the skype group get dragged into official PureZC territory, be it the forums, our IRC channel, database areas, or anywhere else within the PureZC website, that is going to get our attention and lead to us PureZC staff getting involved.

So if problems are contained to areas that never migrate into official PureZC grounds, we bear no responsibility over it.  However, we do have the freedom to give advice or suggestions in response to such contained situations if brought to our attention.

• Shane and Eddy like this

#23 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

Yes, this is unofficial and I couldn't stress this enough. We have had problems let wild over the past few months, and we have heard that forum reports have been made. And just to clarify, it was mine *and* DaviAwesome's idea that we should start personal moderation. We got two other trustworthy people in the group too: Nexas and Eddy. The place wouldn't be the same without their efforts.

Thanks for your clarification; I think it was needed.

#24 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

I assume I'm the only one who doesn't know what Skype is??
  • Hergiswi, Shane and Avaro like this

#25 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Uh... probably. :P It's an text/voice/video chat program.

• Shane and David like this

#26 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

Except the group only resorts to text. Having a call could be... noisy to say the least. :P

#27 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

So like IRC but someone can interrupt conversations with farting sounds?
  • Hergiswi, Shane and Eddy like this

#28 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

So like IRC but someone can interrupt conversations with farting sounds?

We added a rule that prevents that from happening. #killjoys

#29 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

So, in an effort to avoid any drama from the Skype group trickling in to PureZC, the moderators have decided to establish a new guideline. While this is not exactly a new rule, it should be followed nonetheless to avoid any problems on PureZC.

Therefore, what happens on the Skype group stays on that Skype group! So if drama, for example, occurs in the Skype group, there will be no mentioning of it on PureZC, including but not limited to asking for punishments on PureZC or creating a forum post about it. The moderators for the Skype channel (me, Charizard, Nexas, and EddytheOliveira) will deal with the situation, not the PureZC Staff.

Thanks for understanding and we hope you enjoy the channel!

• Dethl, Shane, Eddy and 1 other like this

#30 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

I linked your post to the OP so people are appointed to it should this thread have 2-3 more pages of post or something; just making sure people see! :P

• Eddy and David like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users