3 replies to this topic

#1 lincolnpepper

lincolnpepper

epic gamer

• Members

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

yeah so...

how does the mirror shield work?

i mean, how do i make the light it reflects appear, and how do i make something to input that light? i looked at the tutorials in this forum and from what i saw there is nothing about the mirror shield, as well as when i looked it up on trusty google itself.

so can someone explain how to use the mirror shield mechanic in zquest?

thanks if you help!

#2 LinkFan212

LinkFan212

EVERYDAY is a BIG DAY

• Members

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

The mirror shield in ZC isn't a legit mirror shield if you're relating it to MM or OoT's mirror shields. All the mirror shield does is reflect shots back at some enemies that shoot projectiles. Wizzrobes for example, they shoot their magic shots. With the magic shield, all you do it block them, but with the mirror shield, Link is able to deflect their magic shots back at the Wizzrobes (there is a legit enemy in ZC called "Mirror Robes"; they are only damaged by deflected shots of their magic, requiring you to have the mirror shield to defeat them.).

So all you can use the mirror shield is to deflect back SOME enemy shots. Just from memory, I think you honestly can only deflect back wizzrobe shots and zora shots, and that's it. I know you can't deflect arrows, rocks, boomerang, swords, or fire back at enemies. But, you can block fire with the mirror shield, which I don't believe is possible with the regular magic shield. 

You should note: You probably could do the deflecting light, and other deflections with scripts though. You'd have to ask somebody about that though, I'm not 100% sure on that.

#3 lincolnpepper

lincolnpepper

epic gamer

• Members

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

ah, i see. but why are there magic prisms and magic mirrors in the game then?

#4 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

So all you can use the mirror shield is to deflect back SOME enemy shots. Just from memory, I think you honestly can only deflect back wizzrobe shots and zora shots, and that's it. I know you can't deflect arrows, rocks, boomerang, swords, or fire back at enemies.

By default, yes.

However... projectile flags.

Rework the numbers in the item editor to decide what projectiles the shield blocks and reflects. Only arrows / boomerangs / fire can't be reflected at the moment. The "Defenses" tabs in the enemy editor already have entries for how they react to reflected sword beams and rocks.

But, you can block fire with the mirror shield, which I don't believe is possible with the regular magic shield.

Same as above: change the Magic Shield block flags from 191 to 255 to make it block fire.

ah, i see. but why are there magic prisms and magic mirrors in the game then?

Those are combo functions, not item functions. In other words, they're in-game objects that are just sitting around, not something for a player or enemy to "use" (although they can both interact with them).

Their default functionality is related to magic attacks, however, if you go to Quest Rules -> Combos, you'll find checkboxes for "Magic Mirror/Prism Combos Reflect Sword Beams" and "Magic Mirrors Reflect Whistle Whirlwinds" if you want to expand their functionality.

• LinkFan212 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users