142 replies to this topic

#16 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

star wars news (not ep. 8 )

http://www.starwars....rs-story-begins

Edited by Cukeman, 21 February 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#17 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

makes them look like they're frowning instead of smiling

The main thing the sequel trilogy stormtrooper helmets make me think of is that they look sort of like they were crying, with the lines coming down from the corners of the eyes.

Not sure what I'd make of this Alden Ehrenreich guy as Han Solo; it kinda weirds me out to realize that River Phoenix (if he were still with us) and Sean Patrick Flanery would both be older now than Harrison Ford was in 1977 (35). I guess we'll see though. I could maybe get behind the idea of the movie, considering I was mildly interested in old EU books about the same general topic.

Also, that picture from that blog that was linked, with Kylo Ren and a certain other helmet is quite hilarious.

• Cukeman likes this

#18 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

The trailer is here!

• SkyLizardGirl and Matthew like this

#19 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

Honestly not impressed : p Why is the shot with the red dust following the ships an exact replica of the ships over the water? -__- And why should I care? I really liked Rogue One but if the main entries to the series are just going to be generic "epic epic movie!!!!!!&$9!!&!&!!" with Star Wars branding, why would I care? :/ eh. Is this movie really going to, again, take no risks at all?

-Strike

#20 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

Well there is something to be said for judging the movie by its contents, rather than the trailers which are rarely even cut by the director but rather left to production companies that specifically deals in trailers.

That said, I kind of agree, the trailer didn't really do much for me. I'm already looking forward to seeing the movie and the trailer didn't change that for me in either direction and I thought it fell kind of flat in general. It's just a teaser, but when it's 2 minutes long I hesitate to call it that. It's a trailer with a bunch of long teaser-like shots, and that's cool and all but I wanted more.

However, I highly doubt Disney is going to win you over on the taking risks part. There is no way in hell Disney is going to do anything that isn't completely safe, for the foreseeable future. That's why we're getting Han Solo films next. I don't blame them, they've paid a lot of money for this brand and considering the bad rep from the prequels I don't think you need that many bad movies before people start to sour on Star Wars again. Never say never, but I suspect they're gonna wait with the more out-there projects until they can say for sure that Star Wars is a stable, long-lasting brand. Then again, we're two solid movies in at this point, so that might not be that far off after all. I just suspect that the suits at Disney are gonna be a little more hesitant. :P

• strike likes this

#21 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

Wait, there was already a No. 7!?

#22 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

No but there was a Rogue One.

Edit: I thought you said 8, and that you were replying to what I said earlier about being two movies in. I derped.

Edited by Migokalle, 14 April 2017 - 01:08 PM.

#23 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Doesn't ring a bell. Is it good?

#24 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

Doesn't ring a bell. Is it good?

I liked the first one of the new new ones, the one with a plot. I couldn't care for the second new new one and turned it off 30 minutes in.

#25 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

The Force Awakens was a good movie. It did play things a little safe perhaps, and can feel very similar to A New Hope along with elements of the other Original Trilogy films, but I still say it was done really well, was a good movie with a lot of nuance and layers to each scene. One of my favorites in the franchise, to be honest.

#26 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

The sub-subtitle could be "Cave of Remembery" :P

(at least I got the impression she's getting memories back)

#27 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

Oh yeah, trailer, derp. Trailer is good, and I dunno about you, but that last scene with what appears to be Luke saying "It's time for the Jedi to end" is what's got me incredibly intrigued. I've seen others say they think it's Benicio Del Toro saying it instead, and that they made it seem like Luke to screw with us, which, well, I wouldn't put past them. Still, this is gonna be a good movie.

Also glorious poster

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:59 PM

I'm... surprisingly not hyped. I dunno. They didn't give us much to go on, and what we do have just looks like more generic Star Wars stuff. Not that that's a bad thing: Force Awakens was arguably generic Star Wars distilled to its purest form, and it was enjoyable. But I ended up liking Rogue One a whole lot better, and I more or less see that trend continuing. I think I like the world of Star Wars more than the main Star Wars movies.
  • strike and Matthew like this

#29 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

I actually agree with Russ. I prefer the interesting world building of rogue one to another main series installment.

#30 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

I agree the trailer didn't tell us anything, which was a relief for me (not wanting spoilers). I don't understand why the faces are such different sizes in the poster. What if Luke is saying "It's time for the Jedi to end... this conflict" :P

EDIT:

I'm wondering if Luke found some old texts that caused him to lose faith in the Jedi order, because of dubious origins, and I'm hoping Rey helps him to see past those origins and points out the purpose of using the Force for good matters more than how it originally was taught to people and how it came to be.

Edited by Cukeman, 14 April 2017 - 05:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users