Most Unforgivable Missables in Video Games

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

List all the missables in video games that aggravate you so much that you have to replay the entire game just to get whatever you missed.

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Zodiac Spear

/thread

It may not technically be gone forever, but the way to get a replacement is equally stupid.

• SpacemanDan, Moosh, Haylee and 3 others like this

#3 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

when mushrooms exit to the left of the screen in super mario bros. You can't scroll back and you needed that shroom.

• nicklegends, Moosh, Jared and 1 other like this

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Ultimate Test, original LQftH2. I hope you like playing the whole quest over again. :P

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Zodiac Spear

This. I managed to play FF12 like 4 times with a guide and missed this weapon every damn time. *Disgusted with ff12 for this reason*.

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Magus! I remembered back in the day how awesome people said Magus was, so I was all excited to get him as a character. So when I finally got to the point where you can get him I said "Great news!!! I beat him than I saved!!! So now how do I unlock him?"
  • Theryan and Aevin like this

#7 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Well...not to be picky here, but they're called lost forevers. And that term was used waaay before TV Tropes came around.

Personally, what would make Minish Cap my 2nd least favorite main-series Zelda game of all time is the fact that most of the kinstone fusions and the Light Bow itself are lost forevers. To date, Minish Cap has become my most-replayed game with at least a dozen playthroughs. And I've never even come close to getting all of the fusions...I think the most I've ever managed is like 80. If it weren't for the great graphics and music, I'd probably place it at dead last, right below Zelda II.

Edited by DragonDePlatino, 06 April 2014 - 07:09 PM.

• Jared likes this

#8 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

I dunno if it's exactly the same thing, but a lot of the collectables in Okami are like this because of all the levels that seal up after you leave them or event flags that are only on during certain parts of the game. There are also a lot of things that are ridiculously hidden that also are only available during certain times. Getting 100% on the game without a guide on the first playthrough is pretty much impossible.

#9 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Neutral arc in any Shin Megami Tensei game (on 3rd playthrough of SMTIV just to make sure I get it this time...urgh, its so easy to miss it by a few alignment points...)

#10 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

Multiple side quests in just about any Tales of xxxx game ever.

#11 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Zodiac Spear

/thread

It may not technically be gone forever, but the way to get a replacement is equally stupid.

I could just quote this post and you'd have my post, just done.

• Ventus likes this

#12 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Multiple side quests in just about any Tales of xxxx game ever.

Abyss and Vesperia are by far the worst. Especially in Vesperia where the Bonus Dungeon where you fight Traitor is missable and don't forget about Judith's Brionac sidequest. There's only one missable in Graces and Xillia has few missables, but skits will remind you to do the next event in each side quest which makes them far more manageable.

#13 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

That one dumb Deku nut upgrade in Ocarina of Time put in just to troll every one.

-Strike
  • coolgamer012345 likes this

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Another item I'd say Sword of Kings in Earthbound.

I got it on my first try, but I've been told its normally a disaster. ;x

#15 umbrello

umbrello

I am a hero

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Another item I'd say Sword of Kings in Earthbound.

I got it on my first try, but I've been told its normally a disaster. ;x

I got that AND the magic frying pan, but I could never get that awesome baseball bat right before the end boss. There were only a few fights where you had the chance to get it and then you had to reset and walk all the way back to try again. The worst was my first playthrough where I saved at the end and then couldn't beat the end boss because I needed more healing items, but couldn't get them because I was trapped at the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users