• Please log in to reply
1641 replies to this topic

#31 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Shane, don't start with the "No sword?!" thing, like with that Skyward Sword poster. :P

Unlike SS though, this game is rethinking deep core conventions and Fi isn't present in this game (so far). And it's a trailer, not a poster. Oh well, I don't think they'll remove it, maybe this is an intro-ish scene?

#32 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Clearly, as a modern game, they're going with a system where you can only carry 2 weapons at a time. So in this scene, Link is fully equipped with his bow and his luxurious hair.

• LinktheMaster, Daniel, The Satellite and 4 others like this

#33 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

So I'll be completely honest. I don't like the graphics.

We all knew that the tech demo wouldn't be the graphics, but still not really liking these. Graphics don't make a game, just I was hoping for something a bit less cartoonish since we've had so many of those and something that looked more impressive that couldn't have been done on the Wii.

#34 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

We all knew that the tech demo wouldn't be the graphics, but still not really liking these. Graphics don't make a game, just I was hoping for something a bit less cartoonish since we've had so many of those and something that looked more impressive that couldn't have been done on the Wii.

I really don't see how it's cartoonish in the least bit. Besides the LIGHTING, there's not much brightness. Hell, the scene they show us is a giant robot monster thing trying to destroy Link and his horse. Link shoots Bomb Arrows at it, too. The model for the robot, horse and Link are all humanized, like us in our world as well. No big heads, nothing oversized.

Now please tell me again how the game is cartoony?

Edited by Jared, 10 June 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#35 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Cartoonish or not, it's still impressive. Just from the 40 seconds we saw, I'm thinking this may be the most visually spectacular Zelda game, trumping Wind Waker.

Also, Zelda is meant to be whimsical and imaginative. I'd rather have this than anything else, truthfully.

@Jared - Oh, it's definitely exaggerated. Link's head is quite large, while his body is very skinny.

Edited by Tree, 10 June 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#36 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

Jared, it's not the content that seems particularly cartoonish; it's the artistic style.  He can dislike it if he wants.

I personally like the trailer and have high hopes for the game, however.

• The Satellite likes this

#37 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Twilight Princess's graphics were uninspired. Neat, but not alive.

#38 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

It's kinda ironic that some Nintendo fans continuously preach that visuals don't matter but they embrace the visuals of this game without seeing any real gameplay. :shrug:

Edited by Dawnlight, 10 June 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#39 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

To be fair, there is no real gameplay in the trailer.

#40 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

The only thing that scares me is that it may suffer from the same problems as Oblivion: a really beautiful landscape that looks identical in every location.

It looks really nice and I want to explore it, but I am still rather concerned when I look at that picture of Hyrule (?) Field.

#41 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

The only thing that scares me is that it may suffer from the same problems as Oblivion: a really beautiful landscape that looks identical in every location.

It looks really nice and I want to explore it, but I am still rather concerned when I look at that picture of Hyrule (?) Field.

I don't think we've seen enough to be worrying about that right now.

• Jared likes this

#42 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

I'm definitely not concerned! There is a huge amount of variety shown off in one shot alone! We see ruins, a village, a farm, cliffs, and a volcano in just this little area.

-Strike

• The Satellite and Shane like this

#43 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

I'm definitely not concerned! There is a huge amount of variety shown off in one shot alone! We see ruins, a village, a farm, cliffs, and a volcano in just this little area.

-Strike

You forgot the goats.  Never forget the goats.  ;)

• Shane likes this

#44 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

EhSmVMq.jpg

• Dawnlight, Shane and Jared like this

#45 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

I love how they gave Link a ponytail. I wonder if it's just a style change, or an era normality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users