• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

This deserves a discussion thread. Everything shown here looked fantastic in my opinion.

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, I'm still amazed that they're releasing four FE games in one year (they're all 2017, right?).

FE Warriors: I played and liked Hyrule Warriors, but I'm not sure if I want to spend my time and money on more of the same with a Fire Emblem skin. We'll see.

FE Echoes: Looks sort of like a cross between FE and Final Fantasy. That I'd like to see!

FE Switch: I was figuring they'd make this even before the Switch presentation. Looking forward to more details.

FE Heroes: Looks pretty neat. And it's coming out before the Switch, so it can help tide me over until BotW.

#3 Zaxarone

Zaxarone

Gigi & Merri Superstar Saga

• Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

the fire emblem echoes looks pretty neat. id get that

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

Yeah, I'm still amazed that they're releasing four FE games in one year (they're all 2017, right?).

FE Switch was confirmed for 2018.

Anyway, seems like it's only a matter of time before every Japanese-only Fire Emblem gets remade in the West at this point, which isn't a bad thing, considering it would be a new audience for those games, and the fanbase is only growing at this point.

I'm not sure which of these I'll pick up. I'll try Heroes, since it's free, but I'm not sure how sold I am on Warriors. Hyrule Warriors might have been enough Warriors gameplay to tide me over for... my entire life. Maybe I'll wait until the future when it goes cheaper to pick it up, we'll see. I still find it odd they're porting it to the New 3DS as well, essentially taking away a Switch exclusive before it even launches. Seems risky.

#5 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

Echoes looks to be a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden.  I can't wait to play it.

#6 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

Wow, I am impressed.  There is a lot to see here.  I thought we were going to see 2 games, and we see 4!  Wow.

#7 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:17 AM

-Looks like I'm getting FE Echoes (the new 3DS game that's coming May 19th).

-FE Warriors could have used more screentime and a couple more character reveals.

-Heroes....I'm not interested in mobile games, and they sure spent a lot of the Direct talking about it and narrator Yuri Lowenthal's obsession over Lon'qu.

-The 2018 Switch Fire Emblem game....can't say anything about it because all it got was "New Fire Emblem game for the Switch! Scheduled for 2018!".

Edited by KEM64, 19 January 2017 - 12:33 AM.

#8 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:31 AM

I haven't played any Fire Emblem games... ever. I've thought about trying the series out, but at this point I don't know where to start. Seeing as there are going to be 4 games from the series coming out, perhaps it's a good time to get into it.

#9 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

I'd recommend trying out the GBA titles.  I started playing the series with Sacred Stones, and it was both easy, and fun.  Though, the newer 3DS games are pretty easy for people with casual mode enabled, preventing perma-death for your units.

#10 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:59 AM

Nintendo concerning Fire Emblem Echoes: "We heard there was much fan demand for a new Metroid game, so we decided to remake one of them as a Fire Emblem game!"

Anyway.  Echoes looks legit great and I will probably pick it up.  It'll be nice, since I love SRPGs, but skipped out on Fates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users