midi reverse help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheLink

TheLink

An octorok under a duck?!?!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

I was wondering how to reverse a midi file while trying to make a midi for my quest, and I'm not sure how. After a while of searching I did find THIS, but I tried it on the latest version of Anvil Studio (which I have) and I'm not able to reverse the midi.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to reverse a midi in anvil studio or any other programs?

I would need it to be free, because I can't afford to waste money on something like this, it would also be good if it worked in anvil studio, because i already have that installed.

Thanks for your time!

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

My old version of Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 has a "retrograde" option which does this - the problem, however, comes with MIDIs that use event controls to change a track's instrument patch. This means that, if there's an instrument change halfway through the track normally, it'll only happen halfway through the track backwards, so the instrument selections would be inverted as well. Furthermore, some people choose to use instrument patch events at the beginning of their MIDIs rather than simply use the track properties, so you may end up with a file that has no instruments set (or all defaulted to piano) until it ends.

#3 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:49 AM

You can do it pretty easy on FL Studio, but you have to do it one channel at a time.

#4 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:09 AM

you can go to https://solmire.com/ and change the notes C becomes B and C# becomes a# and what not

Edited by LikeLike on fire, 10 January 2017 - 07:12 AM.

#5 TheLink

TheLink

An octorok under a duck?!?!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

thanks for help!, it has all worked now!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: midi, reverse, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users