tileset

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Quanta

Quanta

King of Thieves

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:20 AM

Is there a cartoon-y tileset like the graphics style of wind waker (not 3d but the colourful and simplistic nature of it)?

#2 Quanta

Quanta

King of Thieves

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:12 AM

I think dance of remembrance is a good start but that tileset has pretty much every style in it so it is far too expansive to be easy to use.

#3 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:52 AM

What you have in mind is the Adventure Island tileset PrinceMSC started. It is mostly unfinished but if you are willing to rip a bunch of tiles into it you should be good.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where to download it. I don't find it in my files either, but I found an old screenshot I made in a AI/Firebird thing that apparently happened at some point in time:

6cT1hO4.png

You should be able to pull of something like that with the AI tileset and a bunch of Firebird stuff ripped into it pretty easily. The firebird interior tiles should work just fine and sprite-wise you could use Radien's tMC enemy pack or something to that effect as well as the tMC items that have been released as well.

So there isn't really one tileset that's ready to go, but resources are plently and for the most part easily available.

• Twilight Knight, Shane, Jared and 2 others like this

#4 Quanta

Quanta

King of Thieves

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

How does one rip from other tilesets? (I know this is getting off topic but this is important)

Edited by Ganondorf, 27 March 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:01 PM

Just like you would grab from an image you can grab from a .qst file. It's the same commands, but instead of tree.png (or whatever) you open zelda.qst (or whatever). The tilegrabber can open quest files.

• Lightwulf likes this

#6 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

A number of years ago I tried to complete the AI Tiles. Look in my signature if you want what came of that effort, but keep in mind that the interior tiles are still very sparse.

• Sheik likes this

#7 Quanta

Quanta

King of Thieves

• Members

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

Thank you!

Edited by Ganondorf, 28 March 2016 - 06:01 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users