Photo

The Satellite Streaming

Stream

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#226 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

Quark suggested I do a "bees" seed, which I converted into "C8333335" and went into with a stipulation from her: If I find a bee in a bottle, I must keep it until the Ganon fight and release it then. Never actually found any bees but I went out of my way to stick a golden bee into a used bottle and used it. Despite this... first sub-two-hour run on V7 at last. 1:59:16. That video is up here, and I've submitted a new FrankerFaceZ emote to celebrate this momentous occasion.

#227 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

There's a big blind race of a Steam game going down on Sunday at 2PM EST, it's a short game from what I hear, but should be good. Kind of a retro-style throwback game. So before the Super Bowl, come see myself, Mystakin, Eryn, RockBandMan, and WeffJebster do a little crazy race. What's that? You barely know who any of those people are? Well, they don't go to PureZC, so I don't blame you. :heh:

#228 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

Sunday the 12th, I'll be taking part in an event called the 12 Hour Speedrun Challenge, where you're tasked with learning, practicing, and completing a new speedrun in the span of twelve hours. It's all for fun, but I figured it was worth a shot. What game? Should be obvious that it's A Link to the Past. Will I speedrun this game in the future after the challenge? Highly unlikely. But it should be a good time regardless! I'll probably start at about noon EST, and go until... well, midnight. We'll see how it goes. Should be a good time.

• Anthus likes this

#229 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

My record on the GBA version for 100% was 5:39. I'll tune it for it. :) Will you be doing Any%? 100%? Minimalist run? Can you use exploration glitches? I love this game. I just did a normal, tanky fast playthrough. (Only reason I know the GBA time was cause it tells you after you beat the palace of the 4 sword. I've never timed a SNES playthrough).

#230 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:57 PM

Forgot to specify. Any% No Major Glitches (NMG). Current world record is 1:23:19 in this category.

... I'll settle for somewhere in the 1:40 range.

• Anthus likes this

#231 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

The only glitch I used in the GBA version was the magic mirror glitch in Level 4 to access the PotFS without playing that game. But good luck! I think you can do it.

#232 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

Just reminder that tomorrow at noon EST I'll be doing the twelve-hour challenge and learning A Link to the Past any% No Major Glitches, so stop on by! I don't want to be alone

#233 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:59 AM

Well, I'm done. I'm free. It was fun while it lasted, all 12:48:48 of it, but it was definitely mentally exhausting and I feel it now. It had its ups and downs, it struggles and its high notes. I enjoyed all of it. Most of it. Not the parts that sucked. But I managed to improve the run each time. Will I ever go back to speedrunning this game? Eh, maybe, but definitely not regularly. I'd rather Randomize. Still, it was a great experience and I was glad to learn how to run my favorite game. Now I'll continue to enjoy it casually or in random form instead. :heh:

Here's the full stream: Twitch

And my best run of the night: YouTube | Twitch

Thanks to all who hung out, it was a great time! :bounce:

Also here's a clip of something bizarre.

• Anthus and nicklegends like this

#234 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:04 AM

There might be another Randomizer sometime this week, possibly more attempts at ALttP any% NMG if I'm feeling like it, we'll see, but for sure on Sunday at noon EST I'll be streaming Zelda 1 with Mystakin. I've been really wanting to play it again before Breath of the Wild came out and he offered to race it, although I'll be at a bigger advantage. So that'll be fun, and I'll have video proof of a completed run of that game at least, so there's that. :P

#235 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:56 PM

Well I have a Randomizer to report ahead of time, Friday night race with Mystakin, possibly others. What time? Not sure, probably evening. He'll be streaming Randomizer most of that day and one of the later ones will be a race. Also Sunday is still the Zelda 1 race. So... weekend of races except Saturday. Whee.

#236 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

The Zelda 1 race tomorrow has extended to three, Diezal joins in along with myself and Mystakin! So this oughta be a fun one. Noon EST as before!

#237 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:10 AM

1:46:09 Randomizer. Best time I've ever had. Was a lot of fun. You can check out the recording here if you're interested: https://www.youtube....h?v=dKnUeEoE1wI

#238 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

Hey, TS, are you gonna stream BotW at all?

#239 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

Can't. Even if I could, I doubt it. I'd want to enjoy it on my own time.

#240 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Can't. Even if I could, I doubt it. I'd want to enjoy it on my own time.

I feel it. I can record Wii U stuff, but only in standard def. I want to enjoy it too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users