Hookshot Boss?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

For as common of an item as the hookshot is in Zelda games, I don't think I've seen a hookshot boss in any ZC quests (then again, I've finished very few quests). But I was wondering, has anybody made a Morpha/Argorok/etc boss? If there is, or if there's just something else I'm not thinking about, I'd appreciate if someone could tell me.

#2 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

I mean, it depends on what kind of "hookshot boss" you mean. I have seen at least one boss in a quest that uses a hookshot! :P

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

I made a version of Arrghus for my revamped Balance of Nature that requires you to use the hookshot to pull his rotating eyes off of him, then destroy them all before you can attack the core.

#4 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

I made a version of Arrghus for my revamped Balance of Nature that requires you to use the hookshot to pull his rotating eyes off of him, then destroy them all before you can attack the core.

:drool: :drool: Wow that is awesome

• ywkls likes this

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:32 AM

Evan's Trinexx is a pretty neat boss that requires the hookshot to beat. 

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:27 PM

Grayswandir had been working on an npc that attacked with a hookshot, although the last I knew, he had shelved it due to a glitchfest.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 15 September 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#7 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:31 PM

(This idea was inspired by the Switchhook/Switchshot script in the Scriptorium.)

How about a (relatively-slow moving but mobile) boss that uses a Switchhook variant (trades places with what it shoots) to zip around a room with an unstable floor (blocks crumble away then reappear/are reformed at some point, turn into spikes, or whatever).  The boss uses terrain (and perhaps bombs or some other kind of trap, i.e. waiting until a floor is about to crumble away and then switch places with Link) to whittle you down, then switchhooks away when you get too close.

If you can manage to hit the boss's hook with your own, it pulls you both to the space between you and you can get in a few good hits before he comes to his senses and hooks away.

Other concepts/ideas could include:

• Link's Switchshot can only replace objects of the same color as himself (green).

• The boss's version not only switches blocks, but changes their color when it does- cycling what used to be usable blocks into obstacles for Link.

• After you beat the boss and get his version, certain puzzles come into play- you need a blue block on this switch to get the treasure?  Now you have to cycle it from green to red and have it line up so you can switchhook it to the right place and turn blue.

• Perhaps certain color blocks have different effects in certain situations- put a red block on a red square, and it blows up like a bomb.  Green blocks on green squares unlock secrets.  Blue blocks might be pushable?  Other colors?  The sky's the limit.

Edited by symbiote01, 16 September 2016 - 09:35 PM.

• MoscowModder likes this

#8 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:30 PM

I recall that there's a Patra-type scripted enemy in the database that lets you set which enemy to spawn as the spinning mini-Patras, with whatever enemy you want as the core. You can set it up so that the core can't be harmed without killing the orbiting enemies, or even vice-versa where you have to shoot down the core to "release" the orbiting enemies and let you kill them. Each enemy used as a component keeps their innate defense values, so you could easily make a Hookshot-required boss by setting their defense to be immune to everything except the Hookshot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users