Passive Items

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 idontknow8

idontknow8

Senior

• Members

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

Let's talk Passive items.  These are items that are not selected and used as a B (or A) button item but still passively in your inventory.  Nevertheless, they can still be extremely useful.  The most common of passive items are bomb bags, quivers and wallets.  But they can do so much more, even if you can't actively use them as a weapon.

Here are some ideas I have for my own passive item:

-Lucky Clover:  This is used in conjunction with a custom shovel item I made.  The shovel can dig up dirt (obviously), causing items to sometimes spawn, based on a random "chance."  The drop set by default includes only hearts, rupees, and seldomly, blue rupees, plus a 40% chance of digging up nothing.  After collecting the Lucky Clover, the drop set changes these chance numbers so that you have a greater chance of spawning something and adds other items you can dig up too, including small magic jars, single arrows, and seldomly fairies.  The chance of spawning nothing is reduced to 20%.

-Zora Scale:  I've discovered a way to script not being able to dive in water, even while you have the flippers, until you get a certain item.  This is that item.  When you get the flippers, you can swim but your A button, the button that lets you dive, is disabled until you get the Zora Scale, then you can dive.

-Protective Scarf:  To be honest, not sure what to call this, may change the name.  But this is also a swimming-related item.  In certain bodies of water, Link will freeze periodically (every few seconds or so) and take damage because the water is too chilly.   Once you collect this item, you can swim in this water, free of being frozen and damaged.

-Bombchu Container:  Not really much different than the bomb bag but thought I'd mentioned it here nonetheless.  This allows you to carry Bombchus, mouse-like creatures that walk around until it hits something solid or an enemy and then explodes.

I'd love to have three or four other passive items in my quest, even if they're just optional items used as rewards.

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:11 PM

There's alot of item idea threads lately xD Just saying. I like it though.

That said, the bombchu container should be named bombchu bag. The zora scale is a great idea if you use dive warps and items placed underwater in your quest.

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:11 AM

So the protective scarf is like a wetsuit, which is based on seals, which have a thick layer of skin/blubber to keep warm. Could be called a seal skin or something maybe

Edited by Cukeman, 25 August 2016 - 03:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users