Since we are now talking about what we like not to see in quests, I shall list a few of my own peeves.
1. Overhead layers that block visibility traps or enemies. Threats on the screen should be visible. I don't mind screens with overlayers however. As long as they don't take up too much screen space and give you room to see.
2. Insane difficulty, particularly at the beginning.
3. Instant death traps.
4. Having to repeat the same rooms over and over.
5. Puzzles that have no hints and are obscure. I don't mind using different tiles to give items more versatility. If you are going to do this though, they need to be properly introduced.
--I do this in my quest, but I will avoid saying what I have done, cause in my feedback, I would like to know that something isn't still too obscure despite my hints.
6. An inappropriate walkability to enemy ratio. The less empty space you have on the screen, the less enemies you should have. Keese in a sense can disregard this rule.
7. Making something difficult because you want it to be difficult. If something's difficult, I want it to just be difficult. If it is a theme in your quest, that's fine. But imo, there are more important things than difficulty.
----Otherwise OoT wouldn't be so highly regarded despite the fact that it is really easy.
8. People who don't write as well as I do. Get on my level plz.