boss zelda classic scripting request

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:20 AM

You know those ghost enemies that usually have a death animation? (exploding in a few seconds and despawning) Is it possible to make a script where that effect can be applied to a normal enemy (Ex: Gohma, Dodongo, etc.) I guess it's possibly simple to do since I saw a script like that, but forgot where it was.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

You know those ghost enemies that usually have a death animation? (exploding in a few seconds and despawning) Is it possible to make a script where that effect can be applied to a normal enemy (Ex: Gohma, Dodongo, etc.) I guess it's possibly simple to do since I saw a script like that, but forgot where it was.

It is, indeed possible, and you have interesting timing, as I recently made something to do that; unless you read my posts or code for it, and didn't realise that was exactly what it does...

I'll try adding some functions for that to your next build. I'm going to post more general code for this below, but I'll incorporate the full version from the latest LA script into the game for you, as that is why I designed this ( to replicate the LA death explosions ) and it'll be a good place to test, and debug it. I do still need to replicate some of the mad physics in LA though...

If you recall, enemies skidded across the screen when they were hit while Link had a Piece of Power. I think that's a neat effect, and I need to work out the math for it, similar to playing tennis with Aghanim, or Ganon (reflecting projectiles). The RV and RD are a royal pain.

(Tested and Working), if anyone else wants this:

This is tested to compile, and does run as intended, but may need modification, especially involving use of sprites, extend, and tilewidth/height properties. I designed it with the intent of causing 24x24 px, to 32x32px explosions, but at present, 16x16 pixel sprites work best...

Files:
Enemy_Explosions_0.2.7.z Code File
Test Quest using FFC-based Variant
Test Quest using non-FFC-based Variant

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 02 July 2015 - 11:18 PM.

#3 Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

@ZoriaRPG does this work for animated big sprites?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boss, zelda classic, scripting, request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users