Photo

Map of the Month 67

Eddy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 67 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote with your heart.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

Lunaria
This isn't what I expected the insides of a tree to look like!

Eddy
Level 4 - Skull Dungeon (1F)

Two may not be a crowd, but it's the setting for a good contest nonetheless! Please remember to leave feedback if you can. :)
  • Eddy, Logos and Lüt like this

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

These are both very well designed maps, I'd love to play either of them.

That said, I don't know if I can really choose. I like them both.

• Eddy and Jared like this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:55 AM

Oh boy, let the epic battle between Lunaria and me begin :P

Nulled since I'm in the competition, but I can go ahead and comment on Lunaria's map. I gotta say though, it looks really good. The colours and screen design all suit a forest setting really well. I can't really find any criticisms with the map, so great job!

#4 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:09 AM

This honestly for me was a no-brainer. It was Lunaria who got my vote. Something about this map is drawing me in and I want to play this for whatever quest it is. I'd play Eddy's too, but I'd be drawn to playing Lunaria's first

• Eddy likes this

#5 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Had to go with Lunaria, it's an excellently designed overworld area.

#6 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:02 AM

Lunaria, what do you mean by insides of the tree? If this whole area really is inside a tree, then wow, what a huge tree it is. Maybe you could darken the palette a bit and make it look more shadowy too. Otherwise it's a greatly designed map with a really good structure.

Eddy, I like how you took the dungeon from OoA and gave your own twist to it. I can't really find anything wrong with it. Will there be enemies in the in-wall passages in the top middle of the map? Just curious. I'd not recommend bats or keese since it wouldn't make much sense.

Nullvoted this time. Great maps! I couldn't submit a map this MotM yet, but next time I'll be entering.

• nicklegends and Eddy like this

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

I voted for the Olivera.

• Eddy likes this

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:02 AM

Will there be enemies in the in-wall passages in the top middle of the map? Just curious. I'd not recommend bats or keese since it wouldn't make much sense.

There won't be any enemies in the passages, and I made sure the bats or keese don't go past the dungeon walls, so that won't be a problem.

• Avaro likes this

#9 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

Yeah this map is inside the world tree, narratively speaking. If you look closely you can see the staircase going up and the staircase going down. :3

The quest concept was inspired by Etrian Odyssey, somewhat.

• Avaro likes this

#10 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Despite the sheer difference in style, I have to say it's a very close match for me. Lunaria's looks like such a calm cool place, great for an adventure (and I wouldn't mind a camping trip there either). Still, I went with Eddy's, because it looks like there's a bit more gameplay variety. The short sideview segment sealed the deal. Incredibly hard choice though.

#11 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

Lunaria: Wonderful submission! I feel that your environment can work real life. The water flows exactly as it would IRL, likewise, the mountains flow quite decent. I enjoy your map also for the reason that- there is a Classic Zelda design feel to it still.

Eddy: Hot damn. This map you have presents a true original GBZelda theme. I felt fuzzy and warm inside when I saw the overhead maze area which can lead to the 3x3 pots. The color puzzles draw me in; the switchhook also drives me to want to play this action/puzzle dungeon!

I nulled my vote. Both expos are equally flawless.

• Eddy likes this

#12 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

Eddy: Hot damn. This map you have presents a true original GBZelda theme. I felt fuzzy and warm inside when I saw the overhead maze area which can lead to the 3x3 pots. The color puzzles draw me in; the switchhook also drives me to want to play this action/puzzle dungeon!

The true GB Zelda theme was exactly what I was going for, and I'm very happy others got that impression :D Thanks for the comments too!

#13 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:16 PM

Lunaria (17 votes [44.74%])
Eddy (21 votes [55.26%])

A close contest to the end!  Eddy pulls this one off with his lovely skull dungeon.

(I wanted to make a joke about how his skull dungeon was head and shoulders above the competition, but the contest didn't really turn out that way...)

Stay tuned for Map of the Month 68! :)
  • Eddy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users