Downtime This Weekend

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:03 PM

Hey everyone. :) I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to be performing some server and forum updates this weekend Sunday morning should my testing go okay tomorrow.  Nothing major should be changed, but some small forum bugs will hopefully be resolved with this. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but hopefully the updates won't take too long. :)

• Magi_Hero, nicklegends, Eddy and 1 other like this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

So, this means the site will be down? Aww D:

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:45 PM

So, this means the site will be down? Aww D:

That's... what... this thread and even the title implied. :P

Aw well. I guess I'll continue hanging out in IRC and the Skype group.

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:55 AM

That's cool, I'll just be chilling in other areas while that's happening. Thanks for the heads up :D

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:48 PM

I'm hoping that you found a way to address the bug of dots ( . ) not being valid search characters, and the minimum character limit for keywords. I mean it.. Try searching for 'RPG.zh' and you'll see the problem. This is a rather large concern, when searching for scripts, script tokens, and such.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 11 October 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#6 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:14 PM

Sounds great! Thank you for giving us a heads up on that. :)

#7 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:05 AM

Everything is done now. :) It took a bit longer than I expected, but I also did some spring cleaning on some things. :P

I'm hoping that you found a way to address the bug of dots ( . ) not being valid search characters, and the minimum character limit for keywords. I mean it.. Try searching for 'RPG.zh' and you'll see the problem. This is a rather large concern, when searching for scripts, script tokens, and such.

I'm having some luck with searching with \ instead of dot (for example, RPG\zh).  However, as far as I can tell, IPB searching seems to ignore stuff in code segments, so this only seems to return results where people say them in the text of their posts for some reason.  I could possibly add periods to the list of characters that sphinx searches, but there's a big flaw to this - the English language has this quite peculiar feature of having periods at the end of each sentence. :P If I were to do that, "sentence" wouldn't find any search results where sentence appears at the end of a sentence.  For those I would have to search for "sentence." instead.  I'm not going to break other searching, and even if I were to try that, I think IPB ignoring code segments is intentional, so I don't think it would even solve that problem.  Not sure why, but that just feels like a very deliberate decision.

• Eddy, Sheik and Joelmacool like this

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

Everything is done now. :) It took a bit longer than I expected

You know, you had me in some timing trouble all of a sudden with that! Hehe. But I got everything figured out now and I can resume my schedule as planned.

• nicklegends likes this

#9 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

2fb57d66df3fcf5dc1c88de478812749.jpg

By the way, something I've been meaning to ask about the forums before.  Is there ever going to be a prune of accounts, threads, and etc. that are older than a certain date, or just totally abandoned from a certain date?  Would free up memory and resources for future use.

• Magi_Hero and Jared like this

#10 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

Nah, everything should be kept. If they remove anything, then people looking for those things they removed will not find them.

• Jared likes this

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

On one hand, I agree with Koh. Maybe old, useless threads shouldn't be kept. But threads relating to anything ZC or ZQ could probably be kept?

#12 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

Well, there isn't really much of an advantage to pruning. We've got plenty of space left. I was tidying things up because things were cluttered. :PP

I'd just hate to lose out of history for basically no purpose.
  • thepsynergist, nicklegends, Timelord and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users