Block Triggers

Blocks and link...and trigger 2.52

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eggman666

Eggman666

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

When link walks over a block trigger he sets off the secret. How do I make it so "only" the pushable block triggers the secret when the block is on the trigger?

Thank you. 

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

When link walks over a block trigger he sets off the secret.

This sentence right here is an interesting one. How are you doing your block triggers? Traditionally, there is a flag for it. I don't have ZQuest open in front of me (I'm at work) but it should be within the range of flags #60-70, called "Block Trigger." When a block (Any block with a push flag) passes over it, when ALL block triggers on-screen are triggered, the screen's secrets trigger.

How do I make it so "only" the pushable block triggers the secret when the block is on the trigger?

The question I have is, how are the blocks pushable if they don't have a push flag already on them?

Unless I'm seriously misinterpreting the question. I take it the emphasis is on the latter half of the statement rather than the first half?

When the block is on the trigger, and the correct flags are used (From the first paragraph above.) the block will no longer be able to move.

If you're looking for the block to still be able to be pushable, and it should just be on the right spot to trigger the secrets, then a script is definitely needed for that. There's one around here somewhere. I once requested one and Saffith delivered. It found its way into that NeoFirst quest I was working on. It might be in this quest file. Hopefully.

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

When link walks over a block trigger he sets off the secret. How do I make it so "only" the pushable block triggers the secret when the block is on the trigger?

Thank you. 

I'm guessing the combo you're using for block secrets is a switch combo with the combo type Step->Secrets or something of the sort. You want to use a combo with the (None) type and flag 66 (Block Trigger) on it.

#4 Eggman666

Eggman666

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:12 PM

I suppose I could have explained that a tad better, my apologies ShadowTiger.

What I meant was:  I have a small simple push block puzzle. I have the flags set, block moves, button is presses when the block is pushed onto it. Then the secret works.
Now for some reason when link walks on said button, he seems to act as though he himself is the block, triggering the secret.

I checked what Moosh said and indeed the buttons combo was set to Step>secrets or something. So I changed that to none and set the flag to block trigger and it worked! Awesome! 

Thank you both! :)

• ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users