[Tips&Tricks](2.50)Modifying &Creeating new enimies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 makarthekorok

makarthekorok

the korokish korok

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Since the enemy editor is a new function of ZQuest in 2.50 I've decided to make this tutorial covering the basics on creating or modifying enemies

Properties of enimies:DATA 1

HP: how much damage the enemy takes before it dies

Damage: how much damage it gives to link on contact

W.Damage:(weapon damage) how much damage the enemy weapons (including projectiles do)

hunger: not actually sure but most enemies dont use it

Weapon: type of weapon the enemy will have

Type: type of enemy

O anim: (old animation (cant change)

E anim: type of animation

Item set: Sets What the enemies can drop

Random rate: affects how the enemy moves

Turn frequency: affect how the enemy moves

homing factor: affects how the enemy moves (towards link)

Pal Cset: sets which sprite palette cset to use for enemy (if enabled)

F Rate: (frame rate)

you can also set the tile fror the enemy animations (the cset you select it in does matter unless you use sprite Pal csets)

HP is fairly simple in the item editor for each of links weopons the damage it does will do that much to enemies. HOWEVER though links heart are divided in 16ths, in the enemy editor 4 damage  will equal one heart so keep that in mind when setting damage ratios

also weapon damage and contact damage dont nessicerily have to be the same for example: lynels deal four damage but their swords deal eight

Enemy types are (Walking enemy, Tektite, Leever, Peahat, Zora, Rock, Ghini, Keese, Trap, Wall master,Wizzrobe, Aquamentus, Moldorm, Dodongo, Manhandla, Gleeok, Digdogger, Gohma, Lanmola, Patra, Ganon, Projectile shooter, Other, Other (floating)) also in the enenmy editor you can see there is a tab labeled data 2 there is where you can change your enemies to be unique, also the properties to change vary by class

now I want to talk a bit about the walking enemy type it is probalby the only one you should use for custom enemies (unless you are makeing ones simalar to preexisting ones)

it is the most versitle of the enemy classes it is already used for octorocks, darknuts, lynels, armos, likelikes gibdos, gels, zols, vires, moblins, ropes,and stalfos but there other thing you can do with them for example you can make an enemy only weak against arowws(i show you how to do that in a later section) that if you touch will eat you rupees in other words arrows( unless you use true arrows) 

DATA2 for walking enemy

Shot type will detrimine how the enemy fires their weapon

death types: Split on hit/death(like Zols) 8 shots (always takes 8 hits to kill) explode(upon death ) tribble *(anouther method of summon smaller enemies upon death )

death atributes change death type properties but even I have figured out all of the possibilties with those

BG sound will play a selected sound effect continuosly while this enemy is on screen (used mainly for boss roars)

hit sound will play selected suond effect when enemy is hit

Death sound will play selected sound effect is killed

touch effects( JINX (temperary permanant or cure), lose (magic or rupees) drunk, eat, (Items magic, rupees,or damage)) 

effect strength (for temp jinx, lose (magic rupees)  eat (magic rupees damage))

walk style (normal, rope, vire, pols voice, armos))

MISC attributes 11,12 (not sure never seen used )

the defenses 1 & 2 tabs  are relativly the same just have different weapons listed

these will affect how much link can damage an enemy with each weapon (if at all)

1/2 damage this enemy will take half  damage from this weapon

1/4 damage thie enemy will take a quarter damage form this weapon

stun: if hit by this weapon the enemy will become stunned

stun or block  if the the weapon hits a sheild (if there is one ) it will be blocked other wise the enemy  will be stunned

stun or ignore  randomly stuns or ignore the weapon (I think)

Block if < # means if the weapons power is greater than(but not equal to ) that number then the enemeis sheilds will block it  If there are any

Block means well the enemy will block this weapon with their shieds  no matter what( how ever if the weapon hit where there is no sheild it will do damage like the back of a darknut )

Ignore if < 1 means if the damage dealt is 2 or higher it wont do any thing and not even touch the enemy

Ignore all damage from this weapon is useless and will go though it

One hit kill if the enemy is damaged by this weapon it dies regardless of health

lastly i need to cover the Msc falgs tab and the spawn flags tab

these should be prette self explanitory

except the is invsible falg must be on for the lens of truth flag to work right  and the sheilded tile use the the enemeis  direction  not the screens so if the enemies turn the sheilds will turn with it

and i would not recomend using any spawn flags on anything else than the orgional enemeis they were intended for  unless you know what you are doing

Edited by makarthekorok, 28 May 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Actually theres much more to the enemy editor. And it's not that hard at all, so I'd add more to the tutorial ;)

#3 makarthekorok

makarthekorok

the korokish korok

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

uh sorry i accidently hit post to early still typing heheh

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Oh, thats much better :thumbsup:

Though, tribble is not another method of summoning smaller enemies upon death, but summoning enemies after a set amount of time (like little gels that transform back into zols).

Edited by Avataro, 28 May 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#5 makarthekorok

makarthekorok

the korokish korok

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

thank for the correction I hadnt used that setting in a long time so I geuss my memory fuzzed up a lttile also now its finished I hope

#6 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hi! Glad to see you've made a tutorial, but may I suggest you use line breaks more, as well as screenshots to give a visual indication of what you're talking about? They're a really big help to allowing people to easily understand your tutorial and what you're talking about. I'd suggest you break up your tutorial better into sections and go into more detail on each. For example, you barely touch on the different enemy types, favoring to instead talk about Walking only. You also barely touch on the properties of enemies, something that is very, very important. Get this stuff done and I'm sure this will be a great tutorial! ;)

#7 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

This tutorial seems very confusing (I know how to do the stuff already but I wanted to see if there was anything knew to learn about making enemy's)  And I cant really follow along with what your saying. If you can do what Nimono said to do to help, Then this tutorial would be many times better. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users