What sort of avatars do you like?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:23 AM

Just a general question. What sort of avatars do you prefer to use? I see people with all kinds of avatars here. Some people seem to go for the "novelty" avatars, like those interesting or funny T-shirt logos. Some people seem to go for avatars of past events, such as scenes from movies or historical figures, be they fictional or non-fictional. Some go for impressive scenarios, such as fantasy or sci-fi artwork.

I seem to try to put forth the impossible into an image, and then put it to a flourish wherever I can. I even have a few interesting avatars lined up. I can't wait to show 'em off. icon_razz.gif

#2 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:34 AM

Video games, pretty much. It's rare I'll use anything else. icon_shrug.gif

#3 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:47 AM

I use cool avatars no silly ones most some will be custom(Like the gold armoured figure near the lava)and almost allways i think they should be big.and occasionally it will be an avatar of a hot chick
IPB Image

#4 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:06 AM

I usually like movie references, or Historical figures.(Queen Elizabeth I Barbie right now)

Edited by fuzzyman, 30 September 2007 - 09:21 AM.

#5 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

I try to stick to one avatar, or (rarely) a variation of that. I hope it makes my posts instantly recognizable.

#6 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:15 AM

I hope it makes my posts instantly recognizable

I never thought about it like that icon_eek.gif avatars could make your posts reconizable..

#7 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

Majora Avatars, I don't think I can use anything else.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

Videogame character mugshots, (I just love mugshots of anything.) or full body VG characters. I am the one who rarely changes avatar, but if I do, that's because I'm playing a game and I became really fond of one of the characters. (You just gotta love Gayamo... err, Dynamo...)

Overall, I prefer Ultima Avatars (duh). If I ever saw the "middle of Tapestry" avatar again, I'd change to that and never let it go again.

If the avatar is changed rarely, then it adds to the identity of the person. Change more often than one month and no avatar accelerated extra identity for you. Unless they are VERY similar.

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:36 AM

I try to look for avatars that few others would use. Often this results in me looking outside of the video game spectrum. I am not organized about it, but when I find something that I think would be a good idea for a new avatar, I go with it. It almost always involves some sort of humor. Some day I would love to have a more abstract avatar. That is, its meaning all depends on what a person sees in it, thus it leaves something to the imagination.

#10 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:39 AM

I tend to use a lot of chalosan characters as of late ... some of them are kind of borderline on content, I guess, even though I try to crop out stuff when I make them. I dunno. I use whatever feels like "avatar material" to me. And I change it rather often. But yeah. I'd love to be able to represent abstract concepts in my avatar as well but it's not an easy thing to come up with something tangible that can do that.

#11 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:41 AM

I go for anything stupid or funny. I won't change too often, I change every time I see something funnier than what I've got. But currently, what I've got is like, from the funniest comic I've ever read.

#12 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

I like to fit my avatars with my signatures. And the one I have right now seems to have done that with all of the signatures I've had so far. Plus I just love Grey Fox.

#13 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:04 AM

<-- That one.

I've considered redoing it with 16-bit sprites on a couple of occasions, but I really like the Z1 wizzrobe sprite, so I probably won't. Besides, at this point, changing it would probably just confuse people. icon_heh.gif

#14 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:08 AM

I prefer Nintendo Characters the most. But I often use avatars from some of the other stuff I like.

#15 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:41 AM

Anime, Video Games, you've seen 'em all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users