The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Please log in to reply
1641 replies to this topic

#1441 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

While i'm on here, I figured i'd give my progress. Got all the unique weapons in the game's overworld, completed all the shrines, full map, most of the quests done to my knowledge, and now I am just working on collecting all of those Korok seeds. Lol This is what will drive me into madness.

#1442 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

Apparently the diaries have a hidden message written in Hylian.

• Eddy, MoscowModder, strike and 2 others like this

#1443 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

The Sheikah writing is also translatable. I saw a video where some one translated the map pins, and they say "It's dangerous to go alone".

https://www.gamnesia...ld-ancient-lang

Edit: Okay. I'm officially mad that
Huge Mount Spoiler

Edit 2: Finally got all the shrines! Only had to look up the solution to one, and location of about 4 or 5. Oddly enough I'm still missing two shrine quests. Oops.

#1444 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:24 AM

Well, beat the last "dungeon" and Ganon. Thoughts in Spoiler tags below:

Dungeons:

Spoiler

Last Dungeon/Ganon:

Spoiler

#1445 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Just beat Ganon, 29.61% of the game is completed lol. I highly suspect the reason for the low percentage is the korok seeds. I find it interesting that the game indicates in numerical format how many Shrines you've discovered and how many you've completed, but it doesn't show how many Korok seeds there are or how many you've collected in total.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 31 March 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#1446 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

One of the things I have enjoyed the most watching people play the game is octo balloons ^ _ ^ It is awesome seeing people go all the way up to the height limit and doing other crazy things with them. I hope the height limit is broken somehow .__.

Another thing I love watching people play this game is stasis. In any%, there are some awesome strats with it, that are awesome to watch. And apparently using stasis to cover the overworld instead of a horse is faster. Which is crazy. Those are just things I am enjoying in the game. This is the first Zelda game in a long time with very interesting mechanics. Mechanics which intrigue the imagination.

-Strike
  • Anthus likes this

#1447 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

I think it shows Korok totals on the loading screen, but it is odd there's no way to see shrines or seeds without a loading screen. And yeah, stasis is awesome. It kind of reminds me of that episode of Spongebob where they drive a rock.

#1448 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

Spoiler

There's supposedly a story explanation for this:

Spoiler

Edited by Dimentio, 31 March 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#1449 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:14 AM

I think it shows Korok totals on the loading screen, but it is odd there's no way to see shrines or seeds without a loading screen. And yeah, stasis is awesome. It kind of reminds me of that episode of Spongebob where they drive a rock.

What's the 100/100 number to the right of the Shrine Stamp when looking at the various Stamps you can choose from to place on the map? When I find a shrine it seems to change to 99/100, I have over 100 Shrines found and completed so it looks like it might be a percentage indicator but it makes no sense for it to not just be a ###% display instead of ###/### display.

#1450 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

I think that's the number of stamps you have left to place. Could be wrong, but that was my assumption.

#1451 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

Shops can sense how many arrows you have and decide to not restock arrows if you have a high amount of arrows. I do not at all like this, why can't I bloody stock as many arrows as I want with my hard earned cash? Why must I be FORCED to farm them off enemies? I can only understand this if the shopkeepers think I have a addiction problem... but their dialog insinuates they'll get more stuff in stock "soon" but never do. It would've at least been nice if there was an in-game indication that they were intentionally withholding arrows from me.

I didn't realize you can simply pick up the small Golem enemies and toss them to instantly kill them. I did this accidentally recently while running around them and it surprised the heck outta me lol. I always dropped bombs and detonated them when they ran in to its kill zone.

I also recently discovered that any enemy (except Guardians) is instantly killed with Ancient arrows (May need to also use a Guardian Bow). The description implies it does significant damage and for victims it feels like being blasted in to oblivion (description doesn't say it literally blasts enemies in to oblivion).

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 02 April 2017 - 12:52 PM.

#1452 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

Next time, pay attention where you're posting. I found the above post in the anime thread. :blah:

Anyway, I too find the arrow starvation (not quite a starvation but you know what I mean) annoying, but at this rate I just travel up the path towards Zora's Domain and kill all the Lizalfos along the way, because they tend to drop lots of arrows. This is assuming there's been a blood moon recently but still...

Ancient Arrows only one-shot Guardians if you shoot them directly in the eye.

#1453 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

Best way to kill Guardians IMO is to cut off their legs and then ancient arrow their eye to save the rest of your weapons durability. The only annoying thing is when they run away from you when you get close to cut off their legs.

#1454 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

Are you guys sure they keep you from farming arrows? I have noticed that if you buy some off say, Beedle, then you will not be able to buy any from him in that general area right away, however if you travel to another stable and run into him there he'll have restocked. Same goes for other shops, they do seem to stay out for a while but given you can run into Beedle everywhere, and again assuming you haven't bought any from him in that specific area, then he should always have some.

I had some issues early on but these days I just buy all the arrows when I come across sellers, and at this rate I'll never run out. I have like 300 normal arrows on hand, and about 150 ancient arrows.

Best way to kill Guardians IMO is to cut off their legs and then ancient arrow their eye to save the rest of your weapons durability. The only annoying thing is when they run away from you when you get close to cut off their legs.

One ancient arrow in the eye will finish them off, and once they start charging their beam they will generally stay still, allowing you to run up and pop an arrow. Alternatively jump off something, be it the horse, a hill, or whatever, and do the slow motion thing and you're set. No need to damage your weapons on those guys. :P

Edited by Migokalle, 02 April 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#1455 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

That's because the game seems to treat each Beedle location as a separate shop. He won't restock if you go meet him at the same stable you bought the arrows from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users