Super Mario Maker Level Sharing and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#16 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

Meow, I made a cute standard SMB level (account name is Schaninsche, butt it's me lol): 9B6E-0000-0036-79E2

#17 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

Oh my god, Super Mario Maker is SO GOOD.  I've only made a couple of completed levels, but I've absolutely been enjoying working with it.

1. Boofing Off - 1F66-0000-002E-AC2B

2. Super Kong Jr - 6B0F-0000-003A-C455

The SMB1 Ghost House might be my favorite aesthetic so far, and I want to make some levels in the SMB1 Airship style as well.  And of course, I plan to make like 5,000 SMB3 levels, since that's my favorite game. :P

Edit: I sacrificed sleep for this!

3. Sky Armada - 66D0-0000-003B-6936

Okay, now I'm going to start using the SMB3 style, now that I've had my SMB1 fix.

#18 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:23 AM

This game is awesome, but I'm not gonna lie, certain little things being left out is a little disappointing. I'd love to be able to use sloped platforms, or chain fences, or to be able to place water or lava in non-Aquatic/Castle stages. That being said, I do have a handful here:

B7B2-0000-0017-859F — A fairly straightforward castle course that was put together while I was still working on unlocking objects in the editor. As such, it doesn't have a sub-area and is missing some other things that I would have implemented if I had them. An updated version might be one of the next things I do, if not just a completely new level with a similar layout.

3199-0000-0032-CE5D — An underground level with two different paths both accessible from the start. The normal path is the harder one. It's nothing special, as I was still getting used to the editor at this point. edit: removed due to upload limit

1F26-0000-0032-D0BE — A "remix" of the Yoshi's Island 2 course from Super Mario World. It's slightly more difficult and has a couple goofy twists. It's more of a novelty, not a very serious effort on my part. edit: also removed

D61D-0000-0034-3C9A — A ghost house with Spinies. I made this one over the weekend while I had company over, so some of the stuff done here was their idea rather than mine. It gets a little tricky near the end.

• The secret path is found in a place where one thing is not like the others. The secret itself looks like a dead-end secret room with a Spiny Hat as its prize...

• ...but there's a secret within the secret, leading to a shorter alternate route through the stage. This alternate route requires the Spiny Hat. You'll see why, and you'll probably get a laugh out of it.

D21F-0000-0038-7CD0 — This one starts off looking like a fairly standard SMB3-style level, but then it happens: a winged red Cheep Cheep falls from the sky and begins jumping at you when it lands. Followed by another. And another.

• Try to keep a Fire Flower on as much as you can; since most of the Cheep Cheeps are red, they won't simply go away on their own and will need to be shot or stomped to avoid getting overrun by them.

• Halfway through the level, the amount of Cheep Cheeps falling in from the top of the screen increases.

EDF1-0000-003B-3991 — Forget those little airships from SMB3, here's a big one in SMB1 style. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out a good way to implement a mandatory boss fight with the way the stage is laid out, so we'll have to settle for tearing through all the minions along the way instead.

• When starting the level, make your jump at the highest speed you can manage; you don't want to miss your landing on the ship's deck!

• There are a few dead-ends here and there, along with a couple secrets, though one is less of a secret and more of you raiding the ship's armory.

281F-0000-003D-F425 — Another fairly large one, this time a SMB1 castle. I went all-out with the aesthetics on this one, to the point that the main map wouldn't let me put any more semi-solids or vines. It will probably take a few attempts. It might be replaced by a slightly less-difficult version later, depending on its clear rate and comments after giving it some time.

• Miiverse thread for this particular course, explains one of the tricks used.

• Please don't try to finish the outdoor segment; you'll die. Just follow the arrows.

Pay attention to the surrounding area; sometimes the vines you see everywhere are a hint.

The donut lift pipe is a one-way shortcut back to the start of the level. You really shouldn't need it for any reason, but it's there anyway.

Edited by Espilan, 19 September 2015 - 07:51 PM.

#19 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

This game is awesome, but I'm not gonna lie, certain little things being left out is a little disappointing. I'd love to be able to use sloped platforms, or chain fences, or to be able to place water or lava in non-Aquatic/Castle stages.

That's why I really want this game to have DLC; the base game was designed to not have so many features that it would be overwhelming, but gradually putting out more things would allow people to be eased into it (although putting something as simple as sloped platforms off for DLC would probably anger a lot of people, myself included).

That said, has anybody played The Completionist's stages yet?  They all have around a 0.6% clear rate, and each one took me about an hour, but I finally managed to beat them.

#20 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

"Don't touch the P!" 7398-0000-0055-AE6B: A trick stage where enemies try to press a P switch, which, when pressed, would result in your death. Difficulty: Oh now I get it!

"Castle of Thwomps" (and fire bars) D7FA-0000-0046-5269: Self explanatory. Intentionally left rather easy so I can farm some more stars. Grrr. Difficulty: You're a big boy.

Aaand then I hit my 10 level limit again. I should self-promote more on other sites.

#21 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

1-2 Upside-Down: 933A-0000-004B-C4E4

#22 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:26 PM

I've replaced my earlier Bubbleman level with a new version:

F0CC-0000-004D-D885

#23 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:19 AM

Got a few new ones here:

BE17-0000-0042-C424: A standard SMB3-style level with two different routes: ground and underwater. You'll start in the underwater path, but are soon presented the option of going through the ground path instead.

EDE0-0000-0045-9047: A SMB3-style ghost house with a little twist: there's no music until the very end! Including hidden blocks, P-Switch use, and the goal box, there are exactly 101 coins to be found. The hidden blocks all have subtle hints as to where they're located, can you find them all?

C907-0000-004E-72F1: Super Mario Baker. I believe that says enough.

edit:

removed 3199-0000-0032-CE5D (listed in my previous post) due to upload limit.

• added 03F7-0000-0051-FB78; A recreation of Fire Man's stage from NES Mega Man, with a few tweaks to freshen things up a bit.

Edited by Espilan, 19 September 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#24 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

Pipe Skies: 3ED4-0000-0053-74AA

Inspired by the Piranha Plant level in World 7 of SMB3.

#25 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

The Satellite's Course Index

Eagle Dungeon - First Course

BB72-0000-0054-68E1

A pretty basic level mostly to test the editor and to have something to upload. Could be better but I at least liked the idea. May remake it or make a new Zelda-esque level with more advanced options.

Aquarium Avenue
B7D0-0000-0055-0C93
A random underwater level in NSMB style for the heck of it. Just practicing course design, basically. I also intend to name all of my courses with alliterative titles that aren't based off of something else.

Super Mario Land 1-1
CC36-0000-0059-DD53
Exactly as it says, it's the first level of Super Mario Land remade in Super Mario World's style. It was while I made the level I realized the original game used a bit of copy/paste... and I ran out of room so I erased one copy/pasted section to add in the ending. :heh:

Propeller Knight's Airship
A909-0000-00D6-97DF
A level inspired by The Flying Machine, Propeller Knight's stage from Shovel Knight, in Super Mario World's airship set. Pretty proud of this one.

Bowser's Buttress

9A68-0000-00D6-A7C5

A Super Mario Bros. 3 style level. A somewhat tough, though far from unbeatable, course that leads you to Bowser's castle, and through it. Could've made it longer but due to lack of checkpoints I'm trying not to have levels last too long. It now has one checkpoint.

Villainous Vengeance

4FB1-0000-0067-5CCD

In this one, you take the role of Ganondorf, fighting your way through a standard Bowser's Castle level to take on his fellow villain. It's a much simpler level than the Airship and the Buttress, just something for fun.

Superman 64

98C5-0000-006A-5A84

Not as terrible as it sounds. Well, maybe terrible in a different way. One of hopefully very few joke levels I made to be goofy. SOLVE MY MAZE!

2Fort - Capture the Flag (TF2)

77B0-0000-007F-D998

A quick fun level with a couple of different paths through, the goal is to find the enemy's intelligence P-switch and bring it back to the starting point to open the door to the exit. Should be enjoyable enough. Credit to Fluttershy for the idea.

Reverse Romp

92E8-0000-0083-0751

This one I'm a bit more proud of, an SMW-style level using the underground theme. You go right-to-left, and there's a secret or two built in. I tried to give it something of an authentic SMW feel. Hope you like it!

Meet the Mario Medic

0E64-0000-00A9-07D9

Another TF2-style level, where you play as Dr. Mario the Medic as he attempts to catch up with his advancing teammates in a control points game, who all clearly need his help judging by the cries of "MEDIC!" you can hear. But will their cries get to you in a bad way... ?

Sky Scamper

4CC4-0000-00AD-93BA

Just an attempt to make a simple and enjoyable level, it's pretty straightforward and not difficult. It's in the Super Mario World style of course, based on athletic levels from that game. Not difficult, but does have two secrets to find. One should be easy, the other, not sure.

Kaizo Kinks

D284-0000-00B8-00A6

Wanted to try my hand at a kaizo-style level, and it's probably no good by kaizo standards, but hey, I feel someone will appreciate it.

• Jared likes this

#26 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

I finally got 50 stars ;_;

...So here are 5 more levels that were waiting to be uploaded!

The Haunted Floor - 4FDE-0000-0057-1510: An auto scrolling level where the floor moves up and down, chaotically. Difficulty: I should have avoided that one...

Saw Run - 6E48-0000-0057-3E16: You are being chased by a bunch of saw blades. There is no powerup here to prevent you from cheesing the level, so together with the fact that everything tries to block your movement, this stage can be Difficulty: pretty darn hard.

I should think of some fun puzzle stages next.

#27 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

So, supposedly I shall be obtaining this game on my birthday... And when is that you ask? Its next month. Also when I get this game Eddy shall have it too so we may be able to play your levels, and also rage at them :P

#28 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:43 PM

I've got a few up at the moment.

Ace Squadron Run - 36B2 0000 0054 B8DD
An air ship auto scroll that goes very fast. There's a few routes you can take to clear it. I'd say it's more on the difficult side.

Rosa(lina)'s Magical Thwomp Adventure! - 8D90 0000 0057 D8F7
A ghost house level with, you guessed it, lots of thwomps and some gimmicks involving them. Tricky, but not too bad.
  • The Satellite likes this

#29 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

Made a couple others, until I decided I needed to spam the system in order to unlock every single tier of objects since having to unlock them is stupid and I needed them for my third level. Anyways here they are:

Aquarium Avenue

B7D0-0000-0055-0C93

A random underwater level in NSMB style for the heck of it. Just practicing course design, basically.

Super Mario Land 1-1

CC36-0000-0059-DD53

Exactly as it says, it's the first level of Super Mario Land remade in Super Mario World's style. It was while I made the level I realized the original game used a bit of copy/paste... and I almost ran out of room so I erased one copy/pasted space to add in the ending. :heh:

Propeller Knight's Airship
EA2C-0000-005A-C04E

A level inspired by The Flying Machine, Propeller Knight's stage from Shovel Knight, in Super Mario World's airship set. Pretty proud of this one.

#30 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:01 PM

Wall Kicks Will Work: 995B-000-0054-24CB

This is easily the most difficult level I've made so far, and pretty much the first one I died a lot in while trying to clear it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users