Sun Tower Tileset - QST format

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:31 PM

I was looking for some different graphics I could use, and came across some recommendations on old topics for the "Sun Tower Tileset", found here:

http://www.purezc.ne...=tilesets&id=30

I downloaded it, but it doesn't work when I try to import it into ZQuest. (Before anybody asks, I was indeed trying to import it properly as a tileset, not as a quest.)

I know that there are people on the site who have gotten this tileset to work, and the preview pictures don't give that good an idea of the contents. Could somebody please open the tileset and save it as a Quest file that I can open?

• Shane and Naru like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

I found a .qst file of Sun Tower on my computer in my 2.11 beta folder, but it won't open in 2.5 cause of an error involving subscreens. You are welcome to download it, and see check it out if you want

I also downloaded the graphics pack from the database, and also got an error when trying to import it into a clean quest file in 2.5.2. Weird. It's a neat tileset though, I'll do some more digging in my gigabytes of old Zc junk and see if there is another one somewhere. The search function is not exactly showing this to be promising though :/

• Jared likes this

#3 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:35 PM

Well, I tried the link you gave, and downloaded 2.10 so I could open it. I figured I could just extract all the graphics as image files. Turns out Windows 10 does not like 2.10 at all, and it doesn't run.

Considering this tileset no longer works, I wonder how many other entries in the database are similarly broken.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

I imported the graphics pack into a clean quest file in 1.92 b183, and was able to save it, and open it in 2.5.2, and save this which I was able to re-open. Hopefully it works :)

And the version I uploaded before was in a 2.11 beta, and I think I botched the subscreens, or something :heh:

As far as DB entires, I think a lot of tile sets submitted as graphics packs in 1.9X might be broken if imported directly into 2.5.X. However, importing them into a clean 1.9X quest, and saving it and opening the qst file in 2.5.X seems to work. But not everyone can run the older ZC versions :(

EDIT: Okay, but this is way off topic, but after looking at a bunch of really old ZC tilesets, it's very interesting. Before MC, and many newer titles and inspirations, we were all obsessed with basically taking GB graphics (Pure, Sun Tower, Descendant, Revenge 2), and giving them an ALttP style palette. Ohh, the old days~

Wow, I found another quest I started, but never finished... : D

• Shane and Jared like this

#5 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

Just as a side note, any staff reading this willing to update the database?  As a matter of fact, it might be a good idea to get a community effort going to check all the tilesets made in older versions for compatibility issues, so they can have alternate versions put online.

• Anthus and Jared like this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:27 PM

^ That's actually not a bad idea. It would be like when we all tagged content when it was upgraded to the new site. I'd be willing to do this.

Hi, 1.92... It's been a while.. You're looking... good these days.

tsIQjbu.png

• Jared and Matthew like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users