Most annoying song you've heard

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 MaeioParty

MaeioParty

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

Any of the Taylor Swift videos just annoy me. Maybe its her face.

• MermaidCim likes this

#32 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

Any of the Taylor Swift videos just annoy me. Maybe its her face.

Taylor's older stuff >>>> Taylor's newer stuff [1989 era]

#33 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

Annoying song?  

I'd say the Boogeyman's Theme from WWE.  Same looping beat CONSTANTLY!  >.<;

#34 Golden Guardian

Golden Guardian

• Members

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:48 AM

A lot of people have already said it, but most modern pop annoys me beyond belief. I barely listen to music outside of video game soundtracks and classical music for this very reason. Most modern music that becomes popular is probably setting a horrible example of modern music in general for me. But, I'm sure there has to be SOME good song writers/composers now... right? 

#35 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

Just about any song that talks about love.

#36 Bill Nye the Russian Spy

Bill Nye the Russian Spy

БИЛЛ БИЛЛ БИЛЛ БИЛЛ

• Members

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

A lot of people have already said it, but most modern pop annoys me beyond belief. I barely listen to music outside of video game soundtracks and classical music for this very reason. Most modern music that becomes popular is probably setting a horrible example of modern music in general for me. But, I'm sure there has to be SOME good song writers/composers now... right?

Look up "Pop 101" by Marianas Trench. It does a good job of explaining why this is probably the case... while fitting the mould itself and becoming a hit. :P

Edited by Bill Nye the Russian Spy, 07 November 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#37 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:58 AM

Just about any song that talks about love.

So, every song ever written?

• Shane likes this

#38 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:12 AM

So, every song ever written?

I'm pretty sure there are songs out there that don't focus on love. :P

As I said: just about any song that talks about love, not all, so I do enjoy the occasional creative and well-written love song. But most of the time it's just a song about how someone wants a relationship or how someone had a bad relationship. The love genre (that's if you can call it a genre) to me is dull, samey and annoying because to me it seems like a constant reminder that relationships are made to be this social expectation.

But more power to you if you love the genre. For me, I just can't care. But as I said, I love it (no pun intended) when I can see the actual talent.

• Bill Nye the Russian Spy likes this

#39 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

Love and relationships is probably the most common topic that songs are about.  Possibly even the majority of them, because it's a concept that brings a lot of emotion, and everybody deals with it to some capacity, provided you don't have the personality of a robot.  There are certainly love songs that I enjoy, but I agree that there are many out there that sound like "Just another love song."  This is especially true for love songs that come from the pop and R&B categories, but there are plenty of annoying ones from rock too.  At this point in time, it's going to sound like one of many songs if not much creativity is put into it, considering how common they are.

• MermaidCim and Logos like this

#40 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:18 PM

Love and relationships is probably the most common topic that songs are about.  Possibly even the majority of them, because it's a concept that brings a lot of emotion, and everybody deals with it to some capacity, provided you don't have the personality of a robot.  There are certainly love songs that I enjoy, but I agree that there are many out there that sound like "Just another love song."  This is especially true for love songs that come from the pop and R&B categories, but there are plenty of annoying ones from rock too.  At this point in time, it's going to sound like one of many songs if not much creativity is put into it, considering how common they are.

There's a lot of songs I like that have to do with love, while some I find annoying...I do like a majority of the love songs. Take Cimorelli's A Lot Like Love for example. I can't relate to the song, but it's beautifully written.

As for bad love songs...does Maroon 5's Animals or Sugar apply? Just never could get into either song.

#41 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

I'm pretty sure there are songs out there that don't focus on love. :P

As I said: just about any song that talks about love, not all, so I do enjoy the occasional creative and well-written love song. But most of the time it's just a song about how someone wants a relationship or how someone had a bad relationship. The love genre (that's if you can call it a genre) to me is dull, samey and annoying because to me it seems like a constant reminder that relationships are made to be this social expectation.

But more power to you if you love the genre. For me, I just can't care. But as I said, I love it (no pun intended) when I can see the actual talent.

Well, as Nathaniel said, love is easily the most common topic for songs, and that's what it is. A topic. It isn't a genre. There are love songs written in many different genres, and written in many different ways, so I don't really think it's possible to judge all songs that mention the most potent human emotion as one. For example; a love song can be about an innocent crush, (The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand) or it could be an intense, unhealthy obsession, (The Police - Every Breath You Take). Those songs are nothing alike, other than there being some intense emotion present in both.

• Nathaniel and Logos like this

#42 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:28 PM

NOW WATCH ME WHIP, WATCH ME NAY NA-shoots self

• coolgamer012345 and MarinaraSauce like this

#43 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:56 PM

While others have already expressed these sentiments, I still have to say it: Watch Me by Silentó is probably the most abysmal song I have heard in my entire life, period. To say the least, the lyrics are ridiculously monotonous and annoying. While the song has 980 words, more than 50% of the song consists of the phrases and words "Now watch me", "watch me", "now watch", "ooh", and "bop". It's pretty easy to see how sadly repetitive the lyrics are when that is the case.

Funnily enough, for a guy who calls himself Silentó, that is exactly what the rest of us are hoping he becomes.... silent. :P

• MermaidCim likes this

#44 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:07 PM

I've listened to a lot of crappy music in my life and let me tell you, it's that bad.

Silento is garbage, don't get me started on that Love Myself song by Hailee Steinfield.

#45 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:58 PM

Let It Go.

Even this many years later, the song is still everywhere! D:<
  • Adem, The Satellite, Jenny and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users