Photo

Screenshot of the Week 554

Joelmacool Ganondorf Avataro Eddy Feenicks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 554 (59 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:50 PM

Ganondorf
Ganondorf.png
Link wanders the mystic horror that is Wyvern Barrow

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
How does that bridge help with anything? Maybe if I look under the bush...

Literally started a new project, made one screen and cancelled it :D

Eddy
Eddy.png
First time working with DoR Hybrid. So here, have a random spring.

Feenicks
Feenicks.png
pine country [those trees in the middle are invasive]

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:39 PM

Ganondorf - This is very nice.  I approve 100%.  And you get my vote.  Some of the best screens out there don't require much words.
Joelmacool - Like most of your screens, I like it.  Good stuff.
Avataro - It's classic.  It stretches from the basics of that.  But I wonder if it could stretch any further.  That right cliff edge immediately transitions to clouds and sky.  I bet something more substantial could be used there, as that border seems too simple.
Eddy - A fairy fountain?  A secret where fairies don't live?  Something else?  It's often good to leave a lot to the imagination.  Nice one here too.
Feenicks - I'm really loving these graphics, and the design is nice too.  My second favorite of the bunch, and thus almost my vote.

• Eddy likes this

#3 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:00 AM

Nulled due to my participation.

Gannon: Like the colors, but the old pure/LTTP tiles  [the stone tiles, the skeleton] seem out of place and shaded wrong.

Joel: The palette there is something that took a bit of warming up to, but it makes the whole thing feel like a properly damp river valley [if that's what it is]

Avataro: Truly, this is the ideal way of conducting oneself with new projects. Not much I can say about the screen itself, though.

Eddy: I'd expect a spring to have a small river or something leading somewhere, but whatever. Not really all that interesting a screen, to be honest.

Self: My 9 year anniversary here was last week? You'd think I'd have made something by now The Dark Wizard doesn't count

• Eddy likes this

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:08 AM

Ganondorf - You're starting to get a nice atmosphere with this :) I think it'd be nice if the wall turned right and went behind the tree in the upper right corner. I don't understand why the A button needs to be that big, but I don't think that's your fault.

Avataro - Seeing those topdown mountains work in sideview is pretty trippy. I like the feel of this shot

Feenicks - Those peahat sprites look fantastic! I think you have something really nice going on here, but I noticed a few issues with the color palette. First, your shadow colors are cool purple so your highlight color should be a warmer yellow for color contrast (right now it's too cool). The purple in the cliff doesn't work as a transition from yellow to brown, and the medium fence color is a little too saturated and blue to work as a smooth transition from the light yellow to the dark purple. I tried my hand at modifying those three colors in your palette: http://i.imgur.com/4C4Escm.png

Nice work everyone, I voted for Feenicks this time. 

Edited by Cukeman, 11 April 2016 - 03:12 AM.

• Eddy likes this

#5 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:10 AM

Self: My 9 year anniversary here was last week? You'd think I'd have made something by now The Dark Wizard doesn't count

Don't feel too bad. I've been using ZC for 15-16 years (long before I joined PZC or even AGN), and I still haven't finished anything.

Screens all look great. good work, all of you. Voted for Ganondorf.

• Anthus and Eddy like this

#6 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:32 AM

Ganondorf gets my vote, with Eddy, Avataro, and Joel coming in for second. All screens were very nice this week.

• Eddy likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:52 AM

Nulled as I was in the contest.

Ganondorf - Pretty nice screen, I like what's going on here, but I feel the mountain may be a little too straight. The ground is also has a lack of detail in some places.

Joelmacool - Saw you make this one behind the scenes :P Nicely done and I like how everything looks here. Really freshens up Newfirst as well.

Avataro - I feel pretty high when looking at this screen. I do like the clouds in the background, but that mountain at the top looks a bit odd.

Feenicks - Nice Firebird work here, I like the structure of the screen and how it looks overall but there isn't really anything else I can say.

Eddy - A fairy fountain?  A secret where fairies don't live?  Something else?  It's often good to leave a lot to the imagination.  Nice one here too.

I guess I can leave it at that for people to figure out what this spring really is as this quest progresses :P

Eddy: I'd expect a spring to have a small river or something leading somewhere, but whatever. Not really all that interesting a screen, to be honest.

I guess you can say this is an enclosed spring or something, I dunno. And yeah, there are meant to be NPCs here, but I forgot to add them before submitting lol

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:48 AM

I voted for joel.

• Joelmacool likes this

#9 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:50 PM

I voted for Joel. Really good screenshot, I love the water graphics. It also got me wondering about what kind of place this is. A very secluded house in the mountains? Looks adventurous anyway.

• Joelmacool likes this

#10 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

Went with Joel. Aside from the house seeming a liiittle bit clashy with everything else, the screen looks fantastic.

Not to say the others AREN'T good, because they are.

• Eddy and Joelmacool like this

#11 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

Feenicks for me this time

#12 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

wow.  I'm almost out of time to pick, but I have yet to pick.  these are nice.  Avataro's is the only one I don't dig.  the rest belong in quests and I hope they are each part of projects that will get completed.  thanks, y'all!

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:09 AM

With 37.25% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 554 is Joelmacool!

Joelmacool.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Ganondorf (17 votes [33.33%])
- Joelmacool (19 votes [37.25%])
- Eddy (2 votes [3.92%])
- Feenicks (9 votes [17.65%])

• Joelmacool likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Joelmacool, Ganondorf, Avataro, Eddy, Feenicks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users