Skull Woods/Upcoming Demo + More

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

Progress update on Skull Woods. I am nearing completion of the second dungeon. All I have left to do is set up the individual rooms of the top floor, with enemies, puzzles and any other challenges or secrets.

Another thing worth noting. I am getting more knowledgeable with scripts and figuring out how to use things in general. So it's gonna be much simpler for me to get the quest doing what I want it to do.

Again, on the note of Skull Woods, I also have to set up a sideview segment. And I am also getting more stuff to work with on sideview gravity. So expect to see plenty sideview screens, even though the quest is primarily top down.

Potential change is in order. I am considering changing the Tower of Hera to Spectacle Rock. One, because I have a few other locations based on ALttP/ALBW. Two, because I want a location related to the original Zelda. And Spectacle Rock is one of the first major landmarks in the series.

On the note of the demo, after I get Skull Woods finished, I plan to release a demo which will take place in the Lost Woods and Skull Woods area. I am extremely excited to share this with everyone, as I feel very satisfied with how this area is turning out.
  • Neppy, Shane and PixElvis like this

#2 PixElvis

PixElvis

Creative?

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

Insurance is fun, the quest project.

And Happy Birthday :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

#3 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

Just a quick update. I am putting the last touches on my dungeon before playtesting it. This involves placing enemies on the rooftop of Skull Woods and finishing up enemy placement on the surface.

In regards to enemies, I have been making my own with Moosh's Newbie Boss Script. So far I have...

Underground Bowwows: They move through the grass and arise only to shoot bombs at Link. Running into them while they are underground also causes damage.

Deku Scrubs: They're basically octoroks.

Jumping Fish: They move across the water and jump up to shoot rocks at Link.

I am also planning to make a couple for the Skull Woods rooftop. Including moving hands. Hands that move across the ground.

After this, I will be making my opening and closing demo cutscene segments.

Edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami, 23 May 2017 - 11:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users