Documentation Manuals Tutorials ZQuest ZScript Video PDF text

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:54 AM

If anyone wishes to be a contributor toward comprehensive, official documentation (manuals, tutorials, video tutorials) for ZQuest, and ZScript, please reply in this thread.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 24 February 2016 - 10:55 AM.

• Cukeman likes this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

This is something zc has needed for years. It's not that there isn't documentation out there, but it is often scattered and fragmented. There are some good basic tuts that exist already, but it would be nice to have a one stop shop for all zc documentation.

#3 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:36 PM

I'd love to help with something, but I'm kind of busy at the moment. I'm moving to a college dorm in slightly less than a month, then I've got to get used to a new schedule and everything. If you still need help with something I'd be capable of helping with, I'd love to volunteer, but only AFTER I've got my real-life stuff figured out.

tl;dr - I'll volunteer, but not right now.

• Cukeman likes this

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:10 AM

I'd love to help with something, but I'm kind of busy at the moment. I'm moving to a college dorm in slightly less than a month, then I've got to get used to a new schedule and everything. If you still need help with something I'd be capable of helping with, I'd love to volunteer, but only AFTER I've got my real-life stuff figured out.

tl;dr - I'll volunteer, but not right now.

That sounds good. What I particularly need, are people who are both willing, and able to document the features of the ZQuest editor, piece-by-piece; either freely, or by assignment. With more people, it will go faster, but it would require assigning specific tasks(possibly targeted at user experience, and knowledge of the programme), and of course, additional editing to reduce everything into one coherent document set with a uniform style.

#5 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:48 PM

Don't expect a consistent schedule from me, because I'm having to deal with multiple college classes on top of general "settling in" stuff, but I think I'm at a point where I might be able to record some tutorial videos. Do you have anything you would suggest as a starting point? I don't want to start and find out that I'm only covering what you've already gotten taken care of.

Completely off-topic, but now I'm thinking of my classes: You know how similar Java is to ZScript? I've been taking a programming class, and a lot of what we've been going over is damn near word-for-word how ZScript works. Between scripting in ZScript and playing with RPG Maker MV (which uses JavaScript), my programming class seems like it's going to get insanely useful rather quickly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Documentation, Manuals, Tutorials, ZQuest, ZScript, Video, PDF, text

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users