Carnage in Space Dev Thread

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

Unfortunately, that doesn't really tell me what needs changing.

#17 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

He wants you to add knock-back.

#18 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

Well, I got that part added. But I figured there was more to it than that.

#19 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

BIG UPDATE!

Finally added level 2 to the game!

You can find out what all is added in the update here (and don't forget to subscribe to the blog/changelog while you're there), or just hop in and play here.

Let me know what you think of the new level!

#20 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

ANOTHER BIG UPDATE!

Finally added level 3! Also some nice polishing of the everything.

Level3Final.png

You can read about it here, or better yet just play it here.

What do you think?

NOTE: Level 3 is still waiting on a few more graphics to make it less bland, and level 2 is waiting on a backdrop, but both levels are functionally complete.

#21 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

This is in HTML5, eh? How is the performance? Could I play this game on legacy hardware?

#22 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

It works just fine on my 2-3 year old middle-of-the-road laptop, except the first level which requires loading a really big backdrop that may lag for a couple of seconds on startup.

My brother plays it on an old Mac (3-5 years?), so I assume it should work on most reasonably-aged machines.

#23 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

I have a fast computer, but since it's playable on a browser I'd rather play it on my old Linux machine.

#24 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Well, if you try it please let me know how it turns out.

Bonus: I implemented cloud sync (from scratch on client and server, oh yeah) so you can take your save across computers.

#25 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

Well hey, CiS2 is on Newgrounds now! And while you weren't looking, the game got up to 4 levels, with a 5th on its way! Not to mention a ton of new features n' stuff.

Why don't you take a peek?

More goodness is on its way! If you like the game, consider subscribing to my dev blog! That way you'll know when the next update brings more fantastical amazingneess to the game!

HUZZAH!

lvl4screenshot-1009x576.png

#26 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

Since the first few times I've played this, carnage in space 2 became so much better. You've improved every single aspect. I've played through the first 2 levels and liked all of it! I like the idea with the objectives too. (Btw, are the reviews games get on newgrounds always so unserious?)

#27 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

This is my first actual experience on Newgrounds. I had no idea what kind of feedback to expect. This one is my favorite, though:

This movie don't goes. 0/5

Glad you like what you see! I'm always trying to improve every aspect of the game until it feels truly professional.

The next update will bring the long-awaited LVL5, and also achievements (what game is complete without them?), and a revised login process.

#28 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

HUZZAH!

Here is level 5!

Level%205.png

That's right, there are 5 whole levels out now!

And of course, the gameplay and the graphics and the menus and the everything keep getting incrementally better as well!

Most importantly, I fixed a STUPID bug on the website rendering new accounts impossible to log into. If you couldn't log into your account before, try making a new one (I deleted all the broken ones) and playing with it.

Now, I could really use some more feedback on the game, especially the gameplay mechanics and level design. What's good? What could use work? What would you like to see that's missing?

#29 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

Well, folks, I'm sorry to say that CARNAGE IN SPACE II IS DEAD. I just had other plans.

Ha, as if I'd cancel a game. I mean, I haven't cancelled a game yet, have I?

Erm, that one game I cancelled doesn't count. Forget about it.

So anyway. What I really mean by the above cryptic statement is that my game has a new name. Say hello to CARNAGE IN SPACE: IGNITION!

Why the name change? Several reasons. 1) It's catchy! 2) This game is (I hope) the start of a trilogy, so calling it 2 doesn't make sense. 3) THE NEW LOGO IS MADE OF FIRE. 4) NO SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THAT NEW LOGO

Logo.png

There's also an updated userbar to reflect the name change and add some new graphics.

Now's as good a time as any to give the game another look if you've tried it already, or to check it out for the first time! There are 5 complete levels so far, tons of gameplay enhancements, and improved difficulty balancing (not that the game isn't still crazy-hard). So what are you waiting for? Go try it out!

PLAY CARNAGE IN SPACE: IGNITION

#30 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:03 PM

HUZZAH!

Level%207.png

It's been a while! But the 7th level is out, and the game is nearly done! I've made a truckload of improvements, and re-vamped several of the older melee weapons, while making some fixes and improvements to the core gameplay. And now it has (the beginning of) an original soundtrack! There's no better time to try it out!

...Which brings me to my next point: Would anyone be interested in Lets-Playing the beta? I'd love to see some other people trying out the game to see how accessible it is to people besides myself and my small group of devoted fans. If you think live-streaming IGNITION sounds like fun, let me know so I can watch! I'm always looking for more feedback and I love seeing people enjoy my stuff.

If you're not an LP-er, I'd still like to hear what you all think of it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carnage in Space, Dev Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users