• Please log in to reply
1641 replies to this topic

#1531 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

The more I watch and listen to the final scene in Breath of The Wild, the more I am blown away. I even cry sometimes. It's just so gorgeous and amazing. And Zelda's character development. Wow...

Edited by Jared, 27 April 2017 - 08:48 PM.

• Daniel and Shane like this

#1532 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

So, I can't put this game down.  Please send help.  As a Zelda and Elder Scrolls fan since they both came out, I have to say this game is a lot more fun than Skyrim.  Open world games are my jam, and this game really got it right.  Playing it on the Switch is another boon.  At home, I dock it and play on my TV, and when I want to crash in my bed, or I'm out of the house, I just play it in tablet mode.  I love the Switch.

• Daniel, Anthus, Adem and 1 other like this

#1533 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

http://zelda.com/bre...ack-1-detailed/

Well the details are live now. And I'm returning my game. I want nothing to do with a Tingle costume.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder and Jared like this

#1534 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

I completed the final "dungeon" on Saturday, but I've been working on completing the last few remaining shrines before I finish up the story. I think I have eleven left? Nearly there! I'm pumped to see how it all comes together in the end, although I'll be sad when it's over. Overall, I've really enjoyed this game. It's been awesome to have such an open adventure!

The DLC looks alright to me, though I don't see anything too mind boggling. :shrug: Let's be real, though, I'll probably get it.

#1535 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

Hard mode sounds really promising. Looking forward to it.

#1536 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

Hard mode sounds really promising. Looking forward to it.

It's alright sounding, will the changes affect Guardians inside Shrines? Will it also affect bosses? It's at least a lot better than a straight doubling of the enemies damage output (though that's likely what it will feel like early in the game lol).

• Shane likes this

#1537 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

I'm hoping Guardian Scouts increase in level. They seem to have a ranking system. With strength trials it would make sense especially, dungeons too.

#1538 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

Hmm, so the "new dungeon" is just an enemy gauntlet? You're right Nintendo, I AM reminded of Twilight Princess. :P

It sounds alright, the Korok mask and "where's Link" app sound pretty useful.
  • Shane likes this

#1539 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:42 PM

Hmm, so the "new dungeon" is just an enemy gauntlet? You're right Nintendo, I AM reminded of Twilight Princess. :P

It sounds alright, the Korok mask and "where's Link" app sound pretty useful.

I thought the "new dungeon" was in the second pack so I think we might have to wait longer for details on that. This was the promised "cave of trials" that pack one entailed.

Getting more interested about this "new story" if it's set in the past or post-game...
  • Anthus likes this

#1540 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

What Shane said. Curse you for making me rewrite my post before sending it.

• Shane and Naru like this

#1541 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

I have seen minor things from BotW before, but do the armors look all that weird? After taking a closer look the first time I generally are a bit disappointed of Link's look, it looks kind of like mixing fluids that are not soluble in each other. And the heads all are weird. I actually have to admit that I like the Tingle-outfit, it looks horrible, but it is plain and simple (without head. Or can outfits only be worn as complete sets?) Also, I did read before that there is exclusive equipment from amiibos. What are your thoughts about them, do they give remarkable advantages through giving early access to better equipment? And have the exclusive parts unique abilities/superior stats?

Hard Mode seems to be worth it, I also like that that they put additional extras into it for a bit more content without adding anything great enough to make it a must-have purchase even if you are not interested in hard mode.

What bothers me a lot though is the reward of the trial of the sword. I sounds to be like you get a huge power-up, making the master-sword a lot stronger. And even though I don't play many games, there isn't much I find as lame as giving out a power-up and a higher difficulty at the same time, that contradicts each other after all.

#1542 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

I have seen minor things from BotW before, but do the armors look all that weird? After taking a closer look the first time I generally are a bit disappointed of Link's look, it looks kind of like mixing fluids that are not soluble in each other. And the heads all are weird. I actually have to admit that I like the Tingle-outfit, it looks horrible, but it is plain and simple (without head. Or can outfits only be worn as complete sets?) Also, I did read before that there is exclusive equipment from amiibos. What are your thoughts about them, do they give remarkable advantages through giving early access to better equipment? And have the exclusive parts unique abilities/superior stats?

Hard Mode seems to be worth it, I also like that that they put additional extras into it for a bit more content without adding anything great enough to make it a must-have purchase even if you are not interested in hard mode.

What bothers me a lot though is the reward of the trial of the sword. I sounds to be like you get a huge power-up, making the master-sword a lot stronger. And even though I don't play many games, there isn't much I find as lame as giving out a power-up and a higher difficulty at the same time, that contradicts each other after all.

The trial supposedly only makes the sword always be in its "powered up" stage, where the blade is glowing. It will still need to be recharged when it "breaks", so I doubt it´s going to make a big difference when it comes to balance.

Regarding outfits, yes you can wear individual parts. And yes, there´s some neat Amiibo-exclusive costumes. It sucks that they have locked outfits like the Fierce Deity set behind an overpriced plastic toy, and I refuse to buy them used online at even higher prices because of Nintendo's absolutely disgusting practice of keeping supply low to boost demand. That said, if you're like me and you still want them outfits, look up NFC stickers and Amiibo codes. ;)

#1543 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:51 AM

The trial supposedly only makes the sword always be in its "powered up" stage, where the blade is glowing. It will still need to be recharged when it "breaks", so I doubt it´s going to make a big difference when it comes to balance.

As far as I can tell, that means that the sword will always deal 60 damage so long as it has energy, which will make it very Op.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 02 May 2017 - 07:52 AM.

#1544 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

As far as I can tell, that means that the sword will always deal 60 damage so long as it has energy, which will make it very Op.

Very overpowered? I disagree, because it "breaks" after a few enemies. I think it will come in handy for hard mode, though if you think it's too much you always have the option of not using it. I don't really see the issue. If the sword never runs out of energy that'd be a different story, but assuming the translations are correct then it will just deal more damage. And again, it sounds like you have to earn it so its not just a regular buff. Then again, whatever floats your boat, this is an open world game at it is up to you how to play it, so if you find this bothersome, simply avoid it. Problem solved. :P

#1545 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

When the sword is charged up and blue, it becomes extra durable so you can use it significantly more often before it powers down. You are right though that if it had the same durability as when it wasn't blue than the frequency of it breaking would help counteract the benefit of it being a permanent 60 damage 1H weapon/make the weapon situational.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users